|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donald arrives at Jerome's house, carrying...
(a) Papa skunk
(b) A bag of corn
(c) Lunch for everyone
(d) A handful of paper
2. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
(a) Monarch has left the area
(b) Donald and his dog found Monarch
(c) Ben has reported the Eppys'
(d) Ben and Donald have killed Monarch
3. Jerome appreciates that the Eppys...
(a) Like his animals
(b) Walked a mile in the rain to his house
(c) Are an outspoken bunch
(d) Left their boots outside
4. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) The neighbors have been complaining
(b) Emma Lou is out of hand
(c) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(d) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
5. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Making sandwiches
(b) Warming the cabin
(c) Cleaning under the bed
(d) Making punch
Short Answer Questions
1. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
2. Emma Lou deduces that...
3. All of the Eppy men, including young Ben, decide to ...
4. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
5. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
Short Essay Questions
1. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
2. Discuss what Emma has managed to teach the skunks to do as tricks.
3. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
4. When Emma proves that Monarch's mother was killed by a lion, how does she react? How does she feel about her reaction?
5. What is it about the spotted skunks that is special?
6. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
7. Why does Jerome decide to give Emma money for Christmas, rather than a gift?
8. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
9. What new thing does the reader learn about Jerome Kildee in this chapter?
10. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)