|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Eppys want to come to Jerome's because...
(a) They want a Christmas gift
(b) They are great neighbors
(c) They want to be free to poach on his land
(d) Emma and Ben have them curious
2. When Emma is able to prove the mountain lion's existence, she...
(a) Does a little dance
(b) Has a fist-fight with Donald
(c) Lets out a loud yell
(d) Twirls like a ballerina
3. Emma Lou has been eating quite a bit of...
(c) Fresh bread
(d) Rabbit meat
4. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She has made for him
(b) She carved from stone
(c) She bought for him in town
(d) She traded her beany for
5. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(b) Emma Lou's
(d) Donald Roger's
Short Answer Questions
1. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
2. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
3. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
4. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
5. Donald arrives at Jerome's house, carrying...
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emma suspect has become of Monarch? Why?
2. Why is Jerome feeling stressful?
3. Why does Jerome decide to give Emma money for Christmas, rather than a gift?
4. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
5. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
6. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
7. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
8. What can the reader deduce about Jerome's cooking skills? Why?
9. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
10. Discuss what Emma has managed to teach the skunks to do as tricks.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)