|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
(a) Yielded no results
(b) Brought in offers from hunters
(c) Been useful in the search
2. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
(a) A new home for the pack rats
(b) A new home for the raccoons
(c) A home for the skunks and their babies
(d) A shed for himself
3. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Lights the tree candles
(b) Dances and sings
(c) Has the skunks perform tricks
(d) Plays the fiddle
4. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
(a) Requests for interviews with Jerome
(b) A fad of raising skunks at home
(c) Placement for all the raccoons
(d) Requests for adoption of Emma Lou
5. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He doesn't want a scene
(b) He is afraid of hurting her
(c) He knows she is stronger than him
(d) He would never live it down
Short Answer Questions
1. At the table, Emma Lou and Donald gently argue about...
2. When the animals are taken away, Jerome will...
3. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
4. The skunks are wanted by...
5. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
Short Essay Questions
1. Emma Lou's life is busier than today's students'. Describe her day and compare it to your own.
2. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
3. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
4. Briefly summarize up the happy-ending pieces to this story.
5. What new thing does the reader learn about Jerome Kildee in this chapter?
6. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
7. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
8. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
9. Discuss what Emma has managed to teach the skunks to do as tricks.
10. Poor Jerome is discouraged. How do we know this?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)