|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
(a) Encouraged her babies to sleep under the bed
(b) Cuddled her babies in her nest
(c) Always returned her babies to the oven
(d) Kept her babies outside
2. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
(a) Ben Eppy will question them
(b) Emma will threaten them with her rifle
(c) Donald's father is having them checked out
(d) The Eppys are interviewing every one of them
3. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(b) A broom
(c) His vacuum
4. To find out about shipping the animals, Donald has written to...
(a) United parcel service
(b) A sporting magazine
(c) A crating company
(d) A zoo and fur farm
5. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He would never live it down
(b) He knows she is stronger than him
(c) He is afraid of hurting her
(d) He doesn't want a scene
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
2. Why is Jerome not enjoying the spring weather?
3. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
4. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
5. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
Short Essay Questions
1. Emma Lou's life is busier than today's students'. Describe her day and compare it to your own.
2. Discuss the pipe smoking among the Eppy men. Would this seem unusual today?
3. Discuss Emma Lou's response to the discovery that Donald has been visiting Jerome. How is Jerome affected?
4. How does Monarch respond to his new freedom? Is he typical of a deer?
5. Poor Jerome is discouraged. How do we know this?
6. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
7. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
8. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
9. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
10. What new thing does the reader learn about Jerome Kildee in this chapter?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)