|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will want to work again
(b) He will need to move out
(c) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(d) He will be too tired to feed the animals
2. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Get support for her circus
(b) Convince him the Eppys are good
(c) Show him around the woods
(d) Let him know about Donald's dogs
3. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
(a) The animals become rowdy
(b) A hurricane approaches
(c) The rain drenches his yard
(d) The wind moves his redwood tree
4. When Emma is able to prove the mountain lion's existence, she...
(a) Lets out a loud yell
(b) Does a little dance
(c) Has a fist-fight with Donald
(d) Twirls like a ballerina
5. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Has the skunks perform tricks
(b) Plays the fiddle
(c) Lights the tree candles
(d) Dances and sings
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
2. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
3. Jerome seems now to be needing...
4. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
5. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
2. Poor Jerome is discouraged. How do we know this?
3. What does Emma suspect has become of Monarch? Why?
4. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
5. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
6. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
7. What can the reader deduce about Jerome's cooking skills? Why?
8. Why is Jerome feeling stressful?
9. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
10. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)