|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
(a) The skunks' eating habits
(b) The feud between the neighbors
(c) Emma Lou's frequent visits
(d) The growing animal population
2. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Starting up the circus
(b) Separating the skunks and raccoons
(c) Showing the animals the door
(d) Teaching the animals some manners
3. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(a) A broom
(d) His vacuum
4. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) Has disappeared from the area
(c) No longer visits the house
(d) Wanders around in the yard
5. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He needs some quiet time
(b) He wants the deer in the house
(c) He likes Donald Roger
(d) He is very lonely
Short Answer Questions
1. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
2. The weather for Jerome's Christmas party is...
3. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
4. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
5. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities seem to bring the two kids together? Why?
2. Discus Jerome's developing attitude toward Donald. Why does he not go ahead and welcome Donald to come visit?
3. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
4. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
5. When Emma proves that Monarch's mother was killed by a lion, how does she react? How does she feel about her reaction?
6. How does Monarch respond to his new freedom? Is he typical of a deer?
7. What new thing does the reader learn about Jerome Kildee in this chapter?
8. Emma Lou's life is busier than today's students'. Describe her day and compare it to your own.
9. Why are Jerome Kildee's nerves frayed at this time? There is more than one reason.
10. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)