|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
(a) Yielded no results
(b) Been useful in the search
(d) Brought in offers from hunters
2. When she arrives for dinner, Emma Lou...
(a) Is moody and depressed
(b) Is cold and distant
(c) Seems more like her old self
(d) Is jolly and full of jokes
3. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
(a) The Eppy men laugh over their tricks
(b) The Eppy men begin talking loudly
(c) The men get up from their chairs
(d) A huge fire is set in the fireplace
4. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Show him around the woods
(b) Get support for her circus
(c) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(d) Convince him the Eppys are good
5. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Wanders around in the yard
(b) Is Donald's best friend
(c) No longer visits the house
(d) Has disappeared from the area
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
2. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
3. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
4. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
5. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
Short Essay Questions
1. Discus Jerome's developing attitude toward Donald. Why does he not go ahead and welcome Donald to come visit?
2. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
3. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
4. Poor Jerome is discouraged. How do we know this?
5. Discuss Emma Lou's response to the discovery that Donald has been visiting Jerome. How is Jerome affected?
6. Discuss the pipe smoking among the Eppy men. Would this seem unusual today?
7. Discuss what Emma has managed to teach the skunks to do as tricks.
8. Why does Jerome decide to give Emma money for Christmas, rather than a gift?
9. Why does Donald choose to go to the country school where Emma goes? Does he have hidden motives?
10. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)