|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
(a) The Eppy men begin talking loudly
(b) The Eppy men laugh over their tricks
(c) A huge fire is set in the fireplace
(d) The men get up from their chairs
2. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
(a) Six brothers
(b) Four brothers
(c) Two hounds
(d) Two sisters
3. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
4. The Eppys have brought with them to Jerome's house...
(a) Large baskets of food
(c) A side of venison
5. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
(b) Yielded no results
(c) Been useful in the search
(d) Brought in offers from hunters
Short Answer Questions
1. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
2. Jerome's house seems ...
3. At this point, Jerome is housing...
4. At the table, Emma Lou and Donald gently argue about...
5. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
Short Essay Questions
1. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
2. Briefly summarize up the happy-ending pieces to this story.
3. Discus Jerome's developing attitude toward Donald. Why does he not go ahead and welcome Donald to come visit?
4. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
5. How does Jerome generate the spirit of Christmas in preparation for the party? Again, compare this to a Christmas party you might have at home.
6. What is it about the spotted skunks that is special?
7. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
8. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
9. Why is Jerome feeling stressful?
10. Why does Jerome decide to give Emma money for Christmas, rather than a gift?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)