|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Will be no trouble
(b) Will be small and cozy
(c) Is just for the animals
(d) Is the only one she will attend
2. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
(a) A lot of money
(b) Grown to love the wild animals
(c) Helped Jerome in the past
(d) Done a lot of work on this problem
3. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
(a) Kept her babies outside
(b) Always returned her babies to the oven
(c) Cuddled her babies in her nest
(d) Encouraged her babies to sleep under the bed
4. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) No longer visits the house
(c) Has disappeared from the area
(d) Wanders around in the yard
5. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
(a) A raccoon
(b) A guest
(c) So young
(d) A skunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
2. Officer Hinkle stays on at Jerome's...
3. Jerome seems now to be needing...
4. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
5. Emma Lou arrives with the news that...
Short Essay Questions
1. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
2. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
3. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
4. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
5. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
6. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
7. What can the reader deduce about Jerome's cooking skills? Why?
8. Briefly summarize up the happy-ending pieces to this story.
9. Why does Jerome decide to give Emma money for Christmas, rather than a gift?
10. What does Emma suspect has become of Monarch? Why?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)