|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome wishes they had stayed
(b) Jerome is not worried
(c) Jerome frets about their safety
(d) Jerome decides to check on them
2. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Teaching the animals some manners
(b) Separating the skunks and raccoons
(c) Starting up the circus
(d) Showing the animals the door
3. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Penning all the animals together
(b) Selling the animals for hunting
(c) Selling the animals for fur
(d) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
4. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
(a) A fad of raising skunks at home
(b) Requests for interviews with Jerome
(c) Requests for adoption of Emma Lou
(d) Placement for all the raccoons
5. Jerome decides to give Emma...
(a) Ten dollars and dinner
(b) Ten dollars and an ornament
(c) Ten dollars and Old Grouch
(d) Ten dollars and his statue of Old Grouch
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome prepares for the party by...
2. The Eppys have brought with them to Jerome's house...
3. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
4. Donald arrives at Jerome's house, carrying...
5. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
Short Essay Questions
1. Emma Lou's life is busier than today's students'. Describe her day and compare it to your own.
2. What becomes clear about Donald's need to compete with Emma Lou? What is his problem with her?
3. How does Jerome generate the spirit of Christmas in preparation for the party? Again, compare this to a Christmas party you might have at home.
4. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
5. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
6. What is it about the spotted skunks that is special?
7. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
8. What can the reader deduce about Jerome's cooking skills? Why?
9. What new thing does the reader learn about Jerome Kildee in this chapter?
10. Poor Jerome is discouraged. How do we know this?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)