|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma asks Jerome if she can fix...
(a) His cabinet openers
(b) An egg and bacon for herself
(c) A slice of toast for him
(d) A piece of venison for the brood
2. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
(a) Requests for interviews with Jerome
(b) Placement for all the raccoons
(c) A fad of raising skunks at home
(d) Requests for adoption of Emma Lou
3. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) Has disappeared from the area
(c) Wanders around in the yard
(d) No longer visits the house
4. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Draw a plan for another statute
(b) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(c) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(d) Give the skunks some stepping stones
5. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Wants to be alone
(b) Feels the Christmas spirit
(c) Is depressed
(d) Wishes for company
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
2. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
3. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
4. Jerome is weary from...
5. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
2. Discuss Emma Lou's response to the discovery that Donald has been visiting Jerome. How is Jerome affected?
3. Discuss the pipe smoking among the Eppy men. Would this seem unusual today?
4. Discuss Donald's idea for solving Jerome's animal population explosion.
5. How does Jerome generate the spirit of Christmas in preparation for the party? Again, compare this to a Christmas party you might have at home.
6. What does Emma suspect has become of Monarch? Why?
7. Briefly summarize up the happy-ending pieces to this story.
8. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
9. Why is Jerome feeling stressful?
10. With the entire Eppy family present, and the large amounts of food on the table, how has Jerome's small house been transformed?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)