|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome regret about the people he encountered in his work?
(a) They were not pleased with his work
(b) They were sad and he was unable to comfort them
(c) They were unable to talk with him
(d) He has not stayed in touch with them
2. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
(a) Jerome is alarmed
(b) Jerome becomes excited
(c) Jerome is relieved
(d) Jerome hides
3. Why did Donald Roger pay a visit to Jerome?
(a) To look at the inside of the cabin
(b) To discuss Emma Lou's rage toward him
(c) To pay him for the racoon his dog killed
(d) To get some ideas for building a shack
4. What tasty dessert did Jerome make for Emma Lou?
(c) Berry scones
(d) Fresh bread
5. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
(a) His well
(b) The large fireplace in his house
(c) His front steps
(d) His monument
Short Answer Questions
1. During this first visit with Jerome, Emma Lou...
2. What made Emma Lou finally decide to go to Jerome's door?
3. Jerome attempts to get the skunky smell out of the cabin by...
4. Jerome decides to use his stonecutter's tools to make...
5. Emma Lou Eppy could be described as...
Short Essay Questions
1. Looking back at this chapter, what stands out as ironic, given the outcome of the story?
2. What makes Emma so contentious and determined to battle with Donald Cabot?
3. Discus Jerome's developing attitude toward Donald. Why does he not go ahead and welcome Donald to come visit?
4. Why is Jerome feeling stressful?
5. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
6. Discuss the sense of mourning in the house over Charmine's demise.
7. How does Emma Lou know the mountain lion is gone? Why doesn't she tell Jerome?
8. What does Jerome gather from Old Grouch's behavior while the baby skunks are under the house? What might his conclusions reveal about his own past?
9. What does Jerome assume about the status of Papa skunk when the new babies arrive?
10. What might Jerome mean when he tells Old Grouch that he was "licked" when he arrived here?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)