|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of the noises in the wall?
(c) The Eppys
2. Who takes up caring for Mrs. Grouch's babies?
(b) Old Grouch
3. What are the raccoons doing that keeps Jerome awake all night?
(b) Going in and out
4. Who is Ben Eppy?
(a) The Eppys' youngest son
(b) Emma's brother in law
(c) An uncle to Emma
(d) Emma's father
5. Emma Lou has moved away from her childhood dreams of...
(a) Running a campground
(b) Being a farmer
(c) A knight on a white horse
(d) Owning a veterinary hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerome feel about Emma arming herself with a rifle?
2. Emma Lou does not tell Jerome that she and Ben..
3. What is unique about Jerome's front wndow?
4. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
5. How does Emma Lou feel about Donald?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jerome is more comfortable with Emma Lou and Donald now. Why?
2. Emma Lou's life is busier than today's students'. Describe her day and compare it to your own.
3. Discus Jerome's developing attitude toward Donald. Why does he not go ahead and welcome Donald to come visit?
4. Discuss Ben's visit to Jerome. What do we learn about the Eppys and Ben in this chapter?
5. What can we learn about the Eppy family, based on the description of their arrival at the redwood grove which would become their home?
6. What does Jerome seem to realize after Donald's appearance in this chapter? Why does he invited him for dinner?
7. What is it about the spotted skunks that is special?
8. What breaks the ice between Jerome Kildee and Emma Lou Eppy?
9. Why does Donald choose to go to the country school where Emma goes? Does he have hidden motives?
10. To what is Jerome referring, when he tells Old Grouch, "I have missed much."
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)