|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emma's weapon of choice?
(a) A gun
(b) A beany
(c) A rock
(d) A spear
2. For Jerome, camping out proves to be...
(a) A peaceful break
(b) A trying experience
(c) A pleasure
(d) A risky adventure
3. Jerome secretly assumes that the Eppy family has...
(a) A criminal background
(b) Been poaching deer
(c) Too many children
(d) Many hounds for hunting
4. After coffee and a smoke, Ben tells Jerome...
(a) He will help him any time
(b) He wants to be part of the circus
(c) Thanks for watching his sister
(d) He has to leave for school
5. Old Grouch's children arrive...
(a) With new spouses
(b) With more aggressive attitude
(c) With a supply of food
(d) With a couple of new children
Short Answer Questions
1. The figure of Charmine on the stone looks like Charmine when she...
2. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
3. How does Jerome manage to protect his food?
4. Why does Emma Lou's brother, Ben, pay a visit to Jerome?
5. Strong Heart intends to eat Papa, however...
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jerome feel better about the lonesomeness of his home?
2. What do we learn in this chapter about Jerome's marital status?
3. Discuss Ben's visit to Jerome. What do we learn about the Eppys and Ben in this chapter?
4. There is a telling sentence about Jerome's relationships with women in the description of Emma Lou. Do a close reading and discuss some possible meanings.
5. What can we assume about Emma, based on her trip through the blackberry patch and her prized beany?
6. What breaks the ice between Jerome Kildee and Emma Lou Eppy?
7. What can we learn about the Eppy family, based on the description of their arrival at the redwood grove which would become their home?
8. What does Jerome assume about the status of Papa skunk when the new babies arrive?
9. Something new about Emma Lou comes out in this chapter. Discuss the revelation.
10. What might Jerome mean when he tells Old Grouch that he was "licked" when he arrived here?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)