Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The skunks and Emma Lou are...
(c) Very close friends
(d) Afraid of one another
2. The Eppy house was located...
(a) In the local suburbs
(b) Closer to town
(c) In a grove of redwoods
(d) In a pasture below the mountains
3. How does Jerome feel about carving a headstone for Charmine?
(a) He is frustrated over his diminishing skill
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary
(c) He is eager, and happy to be working
(d) He is too sad to do much work on it
4. Moving Runt's box requires Jerome to...
(a) Rewire the room's lighting
(b) Renovate the living room
(c) Change the wiring of the cabinet
(d) Move the wood stove
5. Who is Emma Lou Eppy?
(a) A college student who is studying Jerome Kildee
(b) A park ranger who keeps an eye on the property
(c) A hunter who stops by to visit
(d) The only girl in the neighboring Eppy family of nine
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
2. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
3. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
4. What tasty dessert did Jerome make for Emma Lou?
5. Emma Lou's intention is to use her rifle to...
Short Essay Questions
1. Looking back at this chapter, what stands out as ironic, given the outcome of the story?
2. What does Jerome assume about the status of Papa skunk when the new babies arrive?
3. Briefly summarize up the happy-ending pieces to this story.
4. How do Jim Hinkle and Jerome become friends?
5. Why has Donald come to visit Jerome?
6. What can the reader deduce about Jerome's cooking skills? Why?
7. Although Jerome has given up stonecutting, his reaction to making Charmine's gravestone is interesting. Discuss what might be happening in this regard.
8. Discuss Jerome's scheme. Was he taking a risk? Why, or why not?
9. What makes Jerome feel better about the lonesomeness of his home?
10. Is there some symbolism in Jerome experiencing the huge storm that moved his redwood tree?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)