|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome attempts to get the skunky smell out of the cabin by...
(a) Leaving the door open
(b) Spraying ammonia
(c) Cooking a meal
(d) Lighting a pipe
2. What is unique about Jerome's front wndow?
(a) It is the size of a storefront window
(b) It is covered with draperies
(c) It is made of stained glass
(d) It is a sliding glass door
3. Jerome secretly assumes that the Eppy family has...
(a) Been poaching deer
(b) Too many children
(c) A criminal background
(d) Many hounds for hunting
4. What appeals to Jerome about Emma?
(a) Her red hair
(b) Her demure nature
(c) She is not a typical girl
(d) Her laugh
5. Mama and Papa are taking their babies out at night to...
(a) Teach them to hunt
(b) Play freely
(c) Teach them defense skills
(d) Help them learn to see in the dark
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
2. Who is Amby?
3. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
4. Jerome decides to use his stonecutter's tools to make...
5. What does Emma Lou do while she walks alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can we assume about Emma, based on her trip through the blackberry patch and her prized beany?
2. Why does Jerome consider taking a floorboard out?
3. How does Jerome deal with the rats who have nested in his wall?
4. What makes Emma so contentious and determined to battle with Donald Cabot?
5. What breaks the ice between Jerome Kildee and Emma Lou Eppy?
6. Why is it nerve-wracking for Donald Roger to show up at Jerome's house in this chapter?
7. How does Emma Lou know the mountain lion is gone? Why doesn't she tell Jerome?
8. What might Jerome mean when he tells Old Grouch that he was "licked" when he arrived here?
9. Discuss Jerome's camping experience.
10. Why does Emma Lou, initially, want to pay a visit to Jerome?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)