|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou promises to return at 7 p.m. to...
(a) Eat Christmas dinner
(b) Finish decorating
(c) Put candles on the tree and light them
(d) Put the animals to bed
2. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
(a) Cuddled her babies in her nest
(b) Encouraged her babies to sleep under the bed
(c) Kept her babies outside
(d) Always returned her babies to the oven
3. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Is depressed
(b) Wishes for company
(c) Feels the Christmas spirit
(d) Wants to be alone
4. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
(a) A shed for himself
(b) A new home for the pack rats
(c) A home for the skunks and their babies
(d) A new home for the raccoons
5. All of the Eppy men, including young Ben, decide to ...
(a) Rest for a while
(b) Interrogate Jerome
(c) Enjoy the tree
(d) Smoke a pipe
6. On one of his visits, Donald brought...
(a) A hamster wheel
(b) A squirrel cage
(c) A raccoon trap
(d) A rabbit trap
7. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She bought for him in town
(b) She traded her beany for
(c) She has made for him
(d) She carved from stone
8. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
(a) Report him again to Hinkle
(b) Step on the baby raccoons
(c) Encounter Emma Lou on his visits
(d) Take away all the animals
9. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) The entire Eppy family
(b) Skunks and raccoons
(c) Donald Roger
(d) Monarch and his family
10. Emma Lou and Jerome decide to...
(a) Clean the house
(b) Make popcorn
(c) Clear out the animals
(d) Make sandwiches
11. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(b) Does not mention them
(c) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(d) Cleans them up
12. As food for the raccoons, Donald has brought...
(a) Fresh eggs
(b) Chicken scraps
(c) Green corn
(d) Canned corn
13. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(b) Setting the table
(c) Gathering up corn cobs
(d) Mashing the potatoes
14. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
(a) The Eppys are interviewing every one of them
(b) Donald's father is having them checked out
(c) Emma will threaten them with her rifle
(d) Ben Eppy will question them
15. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) The death of Mrs. Grouch
(b) His mean dogs
(c) Officer Hinkle's visit
(d) His deer hunting
Short Answer Questions
1. The spotted skunks that Jerome has in his care at this time...
2. When Emma is able to prove the mountain lion's existence, she...
3. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
4. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
5. The Eppys want to come to Jerome's because...
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)