|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
(a) A skunk
(b) A guest
(c) So young
(d) A raccoon
2. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
(a) Carve a statue of his dog
(b) Sell his work at the market
(c) Carve a statue of Monarch
(d) Carve a statue of himself
3. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
(a) Monarch's mother had left him
(b) Monarch loves people
(c) Monarch's life was in danger
(d) Monarch was an orphan
4. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He needs some quiet time
(b) He is very lonely
(c) He likes Donald Roger
(d) He wants the deer in the house
5. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) His world is about to change
(b) They are better kids than he thought
(c) His plan for peace between them has worked
(d) The two are actually in love
6. When the animals are taken away, Jerome will...
(a) Hold on to Papa, Mama and Old Grouch
(b) Give Old Grouch to Emma
(c) Only keep Mama skunk
(d) Give them all away gladly
7. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Does not mention them
(b) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(c) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(d) Cleans them up
8. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Dances and sings
(b) Plays the fiddle
(c) Has the skunks perform tricks
(d) Lights the tree candles
9. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
(a) Bring more food to him
(b) Stay on for the evening
(c) Smoke a pipe with him
(d) Come for dinner the next night
10. Donald and Emma Lou are...
(a) Surprised to see one another
(b) Angry at Jerome for tricking them
(c) Jealous of Old Grouch's attentions
(d) Set on training the animals
11. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
(a) A hurricane approaches
(b) The rain drenches his yard
(c) The animals become rowdy
(d) The wind moves his redwood tree
12. On one of his visits, Donald brought...
(a) A hamster wheel
(b) A raccoon trap
(c) A rabbit trap
(d) A squirrel cage
13. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Setting the table
(b) Mashing the potatoes
(c) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(d) Gathering up corn cobs
14. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Scolds him loudly
(b) Puts him on a leash
(c) Builds a gate for the doorway
(d) Withholds his food
15. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) Officer Hinkle's visit
(b) His mean dogs
(c) His deer hunting
(d) The death of Mrs. Grouch
Short Answer Questions
1. As food for the raccoons, Donald has brought...
2. Jerome asks Emma to come the following evening...
3. The Eppys have brought with them to Jerome's house...
4. Emma asks Jerome if she can fix...
5. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)