|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome needs a walk, but he sits, instead, because...
(a) He cannot leave the baby skunks
(b) He is afraid the raccoons will eat his mattress
(c) He is too weary to walk
(d) He is waiting for company
2. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) He wants to intimidate her
(b) Is afraid she will chase him
(c) He admires her yell
(d) Realizes she has won
3. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(b) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(c) The neighbors have been complaining
(d) Emma Lou is out of hand
4. At this point, Jerome is housing...
(a) Twenty-five raccoons
(b) Twenty-five skunks
(c) Twenty-five pack rats
(d) Fifteen babies
5. Donald agrees to think about...
(a) How to solve Jerome's animal problem
(b) How to fix Emma Lou
(c) How to find Monarch
(d) A solution to the feuding
6. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He is very lonely
(b) He wants the deer in the house
(c) He likes Donald Roger
(d) He needs some quiet time
7. Jerome is weary from...
(a) Working on stone projects
(b) Visits from Emma Lou and Donald
(c) The chaos of so many animals in the house
(d) Building new nests for the animals
8. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Separating the skunks and raccoons
(b) Starting up the circus
(c) Showing the animals the door
(d) Teaching the animals some manners
9. How is the raccoon feeding problem solved?
(a) They leave the house to fend for themselves
(b) Jerome fixes them boiled eggs
(c) Jerome discovers they like canned corn
(d) Emma Lou brings them fresh milk
10. As food for the raccoons, Donald has brought...
(a) Fresh eggs
(b) Green corn
(c) Chicken scraps
(d) Canned corn
11. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
(b) Present him with a gift
(c) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
(d) Say she does not want a present
12. Emma Lou and Donald...
(a) Will always be angry at one another
(b) Are Jerome's caretakers
(c) Have become good friends
(d) Can't let go of a grudge
13. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(b) Draw a plan for another statute
(c) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(d) Give the skunks some stepping stones
14. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Plays the fiddle
(b) Dances and sings
(c) Lights the tree candles
(d) Has the skunks perform tricks
15. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
(a) Two sisters
(b) Two hounds
(c) Six brothers
(d) Four brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
2. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
3. Why is Jerome not enjoying the spring weather?
4. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
5. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)