|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He wants the deer in the house
(b) He likes Donald Roger
(c) He needs some quiet time
(d) He is very lonely
2. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
(a) Monarch's mother had left him
(b) Monarch was an orphan
(c) Monarch's life was in danger
(d) Monarch loves people
3. Jerome asks Emma to come the following evening...
(a) To join him for dinner
(b) To help him build another door
(c) To spend time training the skunks
(d) To see Monarch
4. The skunks are wanted by...
(a) Public parks
(b) Zoos and estates
(c) State recreation areas
(d) Zoos and arboretums
5. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Is leaking water everywhere
(b) Is severely damaged
(c) Settles back into place
(d) Is left with cracks and holes
6. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Scolds him loudly
(b) Builds a gate for the doorway
(c) Puts him on a leash
(d) Withholds his food
7. Officer Hinkle stays on at Jerome's...
(a) To look at the menagerie
(b) To share dinner with him and Emma
(c) To see if Jerome has secrets
(d) To protect Emma Lou from Donald
8. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) Wanders around in the yard
(c) Has disappeared from the area
(d) No longer visits the house
9. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
(a) To take to school with her
(b) Because she is leaving for good
(c) To put in her bedroom
(d) Because she misses him
10. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
(a) So young
(b) A skunk
(c) A guest
(d) A raccoon
11. Jerome needs a walk, but he sits, instead, because...
(a) He cannot leave the baby skunks
(b) He is waiting for company
(c) He is too weary to walk
(d) He is afraid the raccoons will eat his mattress
12. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Is depressed
(b) Feels the Christmas spirit
(c) Wishes for company
(d) Wants to be alone
13. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(b) He will need to move out
(c) He will want to work again
(d) He will be too tired to feed the animals
14. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Setting the table
(b) Mashing the potatoes
(c) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(d) Gathering up corn cobs
15. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
(a) Bring Monarch into the house
(b) Leave Monarch's gate open
(c) Keep Monarch penned up
(d) Take Monarch into the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
2. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
3. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
4. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
5. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)