|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) The two are actually in love
(b) His world is about to change
(c) His plan for peace between them has worked
(d) They are better kids than he thought
2. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
(a) The Eppy men laugh over their tricks
(b) The men get up from their chairs
(c) The Eppy men begin talking loudly
(d) A huge fire is set in the fireplace
3. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
(a) Report him again to Hinkle
(b) Step on the baby raccoons
(c) Encounter Emma Lou on his visits
(d) Take away all the animals
4. Donald and Emma Lou are...
(a) Surprised to see one another
(b) Jealous of Old Grouch's attentions
(c) Set on training the animals
(d) Angry at Jerome for tricking them
5. Emma Lou deduces that...
(a) Donald has been visiting Jerome
(b) Donald has taken her place
(c) Donald is up to something
(d) Jerome is tired of her
6. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Monarch and his family
(b) Skunks and raccoons
(c) Donald Roger
(d) The entire Eppy family
7. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
(b) Yielded no results
(c) Brought in offers from hunters
(d) Been useful in the search
8. For Christmas presents, Jerome...
(a) Gives all the candles to the skunks
(b) Gives the animals to Emma Lou
(c) Lets the raccoons have the shiny tree ornaments
(d) Lets the animals stay up late
9. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
(a) So young
(b) A skunk
(c) A raccoon
(d) A guest
10. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(a) Donald Roger's
(d) Emma Lou's
11. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Teaching the animals some manners
(b) Showing the animals the door
(c) Starting up the circus
(d) Separating the skunks and raccoons
12. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
(a) The growing animal population
(b) The skunks' eating habits
(c) Emma Lou's frequent visits
(d) The feud between the neighbors
13. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Draw a plan for another statute
(b) Give the skunks some stepping stones
(c) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(d) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
14. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
(a) Placement for all the raccoons
(b) A fad of raising skunks at home
(c) Requests for adoption of Emma Lou
(d) Requests for interviews with Jerome
15. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
(a) Ben and Donald have killed Monarch
(b) Donald and his dog found Monarch
(c) Monarch has left the area
(d) Ben has reported the Eppys'
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
2. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
3. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
4. The spotted skunks that Jerome has in his care at this time...
5. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)