|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou has been eating quite a bit of...
(a) Rabbit meat
(c) Fresh bread
2. On one of his visits, Donald brought...
(a) A hamster wheel
(b) A raccoon trap
(c) A squirrel cage
(d) A rabbit trap
3. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
(a) Ben Eppy will question them
(b) Emma will threaten them with her rifle
(c) The Eppys are interviewing every one of them
(d) Donald's father is having them checked out
4. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Builds a gate for the doorway
(b) Puts him on a leash
(c) Scolds him loudly
(d) Withholds his food
5. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
(a) Buy dresses and wear them
(b) Buy a winter coat
(c) Take the family on a trip
(d) Save the money
6. The spotted skunks that Jerome has in his care at this time...
(a) Are too many for the zoos
(b) Are not enough to meet the demands
(c) Are not the right breed for zoos
(d) Are too precious to sell
7. For Christmas presents, Jerome...
(a) Lets the animals stay up late
(b) Lets the raccoons have the shiny tree ornaments
(c) Gives the animals to Emma Lou
(d) Gives all the candles to the skunks
8. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
(a) A new home for the raccoons
(b) A home for the skunks and their babies
(c) A shed for himself
(d) A new home for the pack rats
9. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Say she does not want a present
(b) Present him with a gift
(c) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
(d) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
10. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
11. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) Has disappeared from the area
(c) No longer visits the house
(d) Wanders around in the yard
12. To find out about shipping the animals, Donald has written to...
(a) A crating company
(b) A zoo and fur farm
(c) United parcel service
(d) A sporting magazine
13. When the animals are taken away, Jerome will...
(a) Hold on to Papa, Mama and Old Grouch
(b) Give them all away gladly
(c) Give Old Grouch to Emma
(d) Only keep Mama skunk
14. At this point, Jerome is housing...
(a) Twenty-five raccoons
(b) Twenty-five pack rats
(c) Fifteen babies
(d) Twenty-five skunks
15. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) The two are actually in love
(b) His world is about to change
(c) They are better kids than he thought
(d) His plan for peace between them has worked
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
2. Donald arrives at Jerome's house, carrying...
3. Jerome seems now to be needing...
4. The weather for Jerome's Christmas party is...
5. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)