|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Wants to be alone
(b) Wishes for company
(c) Feels the Christmas spirit
(d) Is depressed
2. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Convince him the Eppys are good
(b) Show him around the woods
(c) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(d) Get support for her circus
3. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(a) A broom
(b) His vacuum
4. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Penning all the animals together
(b) Selling the animals for fur
(c) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
(d) Selling the animals for hunting
5. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Dances and sings
(b) Lights the tree candles
(c) Has the skunks perform tricks
(d) Plays the fiddle
6. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will want to work again
(b) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(c) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(d) He will need to move out
7. Jerome's house seems ...
(a) Dark and dank
(b) Cold and unwelcoming
(c) More crowded than usual
(d) Unusually messy
8. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
(a) Spotted skunks are nearly extinct
(b) There are a lot of skunk hunters
(c) People definitely don't want skunks
(d) Raccoons are in high demand
9. The Eppys want to come to Jerome's because...
(a) They are great neighbors
(b) Emma and Ben have them curious
(c) They want to be free to poach on his land
(d) They want a Christmas gift
10. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
(a) Grown to love the wild animals
(b) A lot of money
(c) Helped Jerome in the past
(d) Done a lot of work on this problem
11. At this point, Jerome is housing...
(a) Fifteen babies
(b) Twenty-five raccoons
(c) Twenty-five skunks
(d) Twenty-five pack rats
12. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Is left with cracks and holes
(b) Is severely damaged
(c) Is leaking water everywhere
(d) Settles back into place
13. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
(a) To take to school with her
(b) Because she is leaving for good
(c) Because she misses him
(d) To put in her bedroom
14. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
(a) Sell his work at the market
(b) Carve a statue of himself
(c) Carve a statue of his dog
(d) Carve a statue of Monarch
15. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) His mean dogs
(b) Officer Hinkle's visit
(c) The death of Mrs. Grouch
(d) His deer hunting
Short Answer Questions
1. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
2. Jerome asks Emma to come the following evening...
3. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
4. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
5. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)