|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Penning all the animals together
(b) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
(c) Selling the animals for hunting
(d) Selling the animals for fur
2. How is the raccoon feeding problem solved?
(a) Jerome fixes them boiled eggs
(b) They leave the house to fend for themselves
(c) Jerome discovers they like canned corn
(d) Emma Lou brings them fresh milk
3. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He would never live it down
(b) He doesn't want a scene
(c) He is afraid of hurting her
(d) He knows she is stronger than him
4. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
(a) The rain drenches his yard
(b) The wind moves his redwood tree
(c) The animals become rowdy
(d) A hurricane approaches
5. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome wishes they had stayed
(b) Jerome frets about their safety
(c) Jerome decides to check on them
(d) Jerome is not worried
6. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(b) Cleans them up
(c) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(d) Does not mention them
7. Jerome's house seems ...
(a) More crowded than usual
(b) Unusually messy
(c) Cold and unwelcoming
(d) Dark and dank
8. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) His mean dogs
(b) His deer hunting
(c) Officer Hinkle's visit
(d) The death of Mrs. Grouch
9. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Making sandwiches
(b) Cleaning under the bed
(c) Making punch
(d) Warming the cabin
10. When she arrives for dinner, Emma Lou...
(a) Is jolly and full of jokes
(b) Is cold and distant
(c) Is moody and depressed
(d) Seems more like her old self
11. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
(a) Because she misses him
(b) To take to school with her
(c) Because she is leaving for good
(d) To put in her bedroom
12. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will need to move out
(b) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(c) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(d) He will want to work again
13. Emma Lou arrives with the news that...
(a) She has a new friend
(b) She knows about Donald's visits
(c) She has an idea for the raccoons
(d) She has seen Monarch
14. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
(a) Come for dinner the next night
(b) Smoke a pipe with him
(c) Stay on for the evening
(d) Bring more food to him
15. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Will be small and cozy
(b) Is just for the animals
(c) Will be no trouble
(d) Is the only one she will attend
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
2. For Christmas presents, Jerome...
3. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
4. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
5. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)