|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
(a) Keep Monarch penned up
(b) Leave Monarch's gate open
(c) Take Monarch into the woods
(d) Bring Monarch into the house
2. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
(a) Ben and Donald have killed Monarch
(b) Donald and his dog found Monarch
(c) Ben has reported the Eppys'
(d) Monarch has left the area
3. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
4. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome decides to check on them
(b) Jerome is not worried
(c) Jerome wishes they had stayed
(d) Jerome frets about their safety
5. At this point, Jerome is housing...
(a) Twenty-five raccoons
(b) Fifteen babies
(c) Twenty-five skunks
(d) Twenty-five pack rats
6. Jerome's house seems ...
(a) Cold and unwelcoming
(b) More crowded than usual
(c) Unusually messy
(d) Dark and dank
7. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Give the skunks some stepping stones
(b) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(c) Draw a plan for another statute
(d) Draw perfect circles on the floor
8. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) Is afraid she will chase him
(b) He admires her yell
(c) Realizes she has won
(d) He wants to intimidate her
9. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(c) His vacuum
(d) A broom
10. Why is Jerome not enjoying the spring weather?
(a) He has too many animals
(b) He has allergies
(c) He likes winter
(d) He is lonely
11. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Get support for her circus
(b) Convince him the Eppys are good
(c) Show him around the woods
(d) Let him know about Donald's dogs
12. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Settles back into place
(b) Is left with cracks and holes
(c) Is leaking water everywhere
(d) Is severely damaged
13. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Warming the cabin
(b) Cleaning under the bed
(c) Making sandwiches
(d) Making punch
14. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
(a) Make peace with one another
(b) Continue with their feuding
(c) Do homework together
(d) Visit Jerome together
15. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
(b) Selling the animals for hunting
(c) Selling the animals for fur
(d) Penning all the animals together
Short Answer Questions
1. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
2. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
3. How is the raccoon feeding problem solved?
4. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
5. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)