|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
(a) Because she is leaving for good
(b) To take to school with her
(c) Because she misses him
(d) To put in her bedroom
2. The Eppys want to come to Jerome's because...
(a) They want to be free to poach on his land
(b) They want a Christmas gift
(c) Emma and Ben have them curious
(d) They are great neighbors
3. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She traded her beany for
(b) She carved from stone
(c) She bought for him in town
(d) She has made for him
4. When she arrives for dinner, Emma Lou...
(a) Is moody and depressed
(b) Seems more like her old self
(c) Is cold and distant
(d) Is jolly and full of jokes
5. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Skunks and raccoons
(b) Monarch and his family
(c) The entire Eppy family
(d) Donald Roger
6. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Is the only one she will attend
(b) Will be small and cozy
(c) Will be no trouble
(d) Is just for the animals
7. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
(a) Take the family on a trip
(b) Save the money
(c) Buy a winter coat
(d) Buy dresses and wear them
8. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(c) His vacuum
(d) A broom
9. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
10. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
(a) Been useful in the search
(b) Yielded no results
(d) Brought in offers from hunters
11. While Jerome and Emma decorate the house,...
(a) Runt climbs the Christmas tree
(b) Old Grouch eats the candles
(c) The candles melt down
(d) The skunk family ruins the Christmas tree
12. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Warming the cabin
(b) Making punch
(c) Making sandwiches
(d) Cleaning under the bed
13. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
(a) Ben Eppy will question them
(b) Emma will threaten them with her rifle
(c) Donald's father is having them checked out
(d) The Eppys are interviewing every one of them
14. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) Is afraid she will chase him
(b) He wants to intimidate her
(c) Realizes she has won
(d) He admires her yell
15. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Puts him on a leash
(b) Withholds his food
(c) Scolds him loudly
(d) Builds a gate for the doorway
Short Answer Questions
1. The spotted skunks that Jerome has in his care at this time...
2. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
3. Emma Lou has been eating quite a bit of...
4. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
5. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)