|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Does not mention them
(b) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(c) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(d) Cleans them up
2. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
(b) A broom
(d) His vacuum
3. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(b) He will need to move out
(c) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(d) He will want to work again
4. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(a) Donald Roger's
(b) Emma Lou's
5. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
(a) Spotted skunks are nearly extinct
(b) People definitely don't want skunks
(c) There are a lot of skunk hunters
(d) Raccoons are in high demand
6. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Monarch and his family
(b) The entire Eppy family
(c) Skunks and raccoons
(d) Donald Roger
7. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Selling the animals for fur
(b) Penning all the animals together
(c) Selling the animals for hunting
(d) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
8. How is the raccoon feeding problem solved?
(a) They leave the house to fend for themselves
(b) Jerome discovers they like canned corn
(c) Jerome fixes them boiled eggs
(d) Emma Lou brings them fresh milk
9. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Showing the animals the door
(b) Starting up the circus
(c) Teaching the animals some manners
(d) Separating the skunks and raccoons
10. Emma recognizes that Donald has...
(a) Done a lot of work on this problem
(b) Helped Jerome in the past
(c) A lot of money
(d) Grown to love the wild animals
11. Jerome asks Emma to come the following evening...
(a) To join him for dinner
(b) To help him build another door
(c) To spend time training the skunks
(d) To see Monarch
12. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
(a) Smoke a pipe with him
(b) Come for dinner the next night
(c) Stay on for the evening
(d) Bring more food to him
13. Jerome is weary from...
(a) Working on stone projects
(b) The chaos of so many animals in the house
(c) Visits from Emma Lou and Donald
(d) Building new nests for the animals
14. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
(a) Do homework together
(b) Make peace with one another
(c) Visit Jerome together
(d) Continue with their feuding
15. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Warming the cabin
(b) Making sandwiches
(c) Making punch
(d) Cleaning under the bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome decides to give Emma...
2. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
3. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
4. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
5. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)