|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
(b) Penning all the animals together
(c) Selling the animals for hunting
(d) Selling the animals for fur
2. The skunks are wanted by...
(a) State recreation areas
(b) Public parks
(c) Zoos and arboretums
(d) Zoos and estates
3. Emma Lou and Jerome decide to...
(a) Clear out the animals
(b) Clean the house
(c) Make sandwiches
(d) Make popcorn
4. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He doesn't want a scene
(b) He would never live it down
(c) He knows she is stronger than him
(d) He is afraid of hurting her
5. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Will be small and cozy
(b) Will be no trouble
(c) Is the only one she will attend
(d) Is just for the animals
6. Jerome needs a walk, but he sits, instead, because...
(a) He is afraid the raccoons will eat his mattress
(b) He is too weary to walk
(c) He cannot leave the baby skunks
(d) He is waiting for company
7. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
(a) Step on the baby raccoons
(b) Report him again to Hinkle
(c) Take away all the animals
(d) Encounter Emma Lou on his visits
8. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Is leaking water everywhere
(b) Is severely damaged
(c) Settles back into place
(d) Is left with cracks and holes
9. While Jerome and Emma decorate the house,...
(a) The candles melt down
(b) Old Grouch eats the candles
(c) Runt climbs the Christmas tree
(d) The skunk family ruins the Christmas tree
10. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) His mean dogs
(b) The death of Mrs. Grouch
(c) His deer hunting
(d) Officer Hinkle's visit
11. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She bought for him in town
(b) She has made for him
(c) She traded her beany for
(d) She carved from stone
12. How is the raccoon feeding problem solved?
(a) Jerome discovers they like canned corn
(b) Emma Lou brings them fresh milk
(c) They leave the house to fend for themselves
(d) Jerome fixes them boiled eggs
13. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Cleans them up
(b) Does not mention them
(c) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(d) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
14. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Get support for her circus
(b) Show him around the woods
(c) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(d) Convince him the Eppys are good
15. As food for the raccoons, Donald has brought...
(a) Fresh eggs
(b) Chicken scraps
(c) Green corn
(d) Canned corn
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
2. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
3. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
4. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
5. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)