|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Is just for the animals
(b) Is the only one she will attend
(c) Will be no trouble
(d) Will be small and cozy
2. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
(a) Monarch's mother had left him
(b) Monarch's life was in danger
(c) Monarch was an orphan
(d) Monarch loves people
3. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Mashing the potatoes
(b) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(c) Setting the table
(d) Gathering up corn cobs
4. While Jerome and Emma decorate the house,...
(a) The skunk family ruins the Christmas tree
(b) Old Grouch eats the candles
(c) The candles melt down
(d) Runt climbs the Christmas tree
5. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
(a) Monarch has left the area
(b) Ben has reported the Eppys'
(c) Ben and Donald have killed Monarch
(d) Donald and his dog found Monarch
6. Emma Lou deduces that...
(a) Donald has been visiting Jerome
(b) Donald has taken her place
(c) Donald is up to something
(d) Jerome is tired of her
7. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(c) Donald Roger's
(d) Emma Lou's
8. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome is not worried
(b) Jerome frets about their safety
(c) Jerome decides to check on them
(d) Jerome wishes they had stayed
9. Donald and Emma Lou are...
(a) Set on training the animals
(b) Surprised to see one another
(c) Jealous of Old Grouch's attentions
(d) Angry at Jerome for tricking them
10. To find out about shipping the animals, Donald has written to...
(a) United parcel service
(b) A sporting magazine
(c) A zoo and fur farm
(d) A crating company
11. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
(a) Carve a statue of himself
(b) Sell his work at the market
(c) Carve a statue of his dog
(d) Carve a statue of Monarch
12. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(b) Get support for her circus
(c) Convince him the Eppys are good
(d) Show him around the woods
13. When she arrives for dinner, Emma Lou...
(a) Seems more like her old self
(b) Is jolly and full of jokes
(c) Is moody and depressed
(d) Is cold and distant
14. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) His plan for peace between them has worked
(b) His world is about to change
(c) They are better kids than he thought
(d) The two are actually in love
15. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Donald Roger
(b) Monarch and his family
(c) The entire Eppy family
(d) Skunks and raccoons
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
2. Jerome remembers how Mrs. Grouch...
3. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
4. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
5. Jerome needs a walk, but he sits, instead, because...
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)