|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou arrives with the news that...
(a) She has seen Monarch
(b) She has an idea for the raccoons
(c) She has a new friend
(d) She knows about Donald's visits
2. At the table, Emma Lou and Donald gently argue about...
(a) Her brothers
3. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(b) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(c) Draw a plan for another statute
(d) Give the skunks some stepping stones
4. For entertainment, Emma Lou...
(a) Has the skunks perform tricks
(b) Plays the fiddle
(c) Lights the tree candles
(d) Dances and sings
5. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
(a) A skunk
(b) So young
(c) A guest
(d) A raccoon
6. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
(a) The rain drenches his yard
(b) The animals become rowdy
(c) The wind moves his redwood tree
(d) A hurricane approaches
7. On one of his visits, Donald brought...
(a) A rabbit trap
(b) A hamster wheel
(c) A raccoon trap
(d) A squirrel cage
8. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) The neighbors have been complaining
(b) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(c) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(d) Emma Lou is out of hand
9. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Starting up the circus
(b) Showing the animals the door
(c) Teaching the animals some manners
(d) Separating the skunks and raccoons
10. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Mashing the potatoes
(b) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(c) Setting the table
(d) Gathering up corn cobs
11. Emma asks Jerome if she can fix...
(a) His cabinet openers
(b) An egg and bacon for herself
(c) A slice of toast for him
(d) A piece of venison for the brood
12. Donald agrees to think about...
(a) How to find Monarch
(b) How to solve Jerome's animal problem
(c) A solution to the feuding
(d) How to fix Emma Lou
13. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Cleaning under the bed
(b) Making sandwiches
(c) Warming the cabin
(d) Making punch
14. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
(a) Spotted skunks are nearly extinct
(b) Raccoons are in high demand
(c) People definitely don't want skunks
(d) There are a lot of skunk hunters
15. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Say she does not want a present
(b) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
(c) Present him with a gift
(d) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
2. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
3. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
4. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
5. Officer Hinkle stays on at Jerome's...
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)