|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The skunks are wanted by...
(a) Zoos and estates
(b) Zoos and arboretums
(c) Public parks
(d) State recreation areas
2. Now out on his own, Monarch ...
(a) Is Donald's best friend
(b) No longer visits the house
(c) Has disappeared from the area
(d) Wanders around in the yard
3. The skunks startle and run out the door when...
(a) The men get up from their chairs
(b) The Eppy men laugh over their tricks
(c) The Eppy men begin talking loudly
(d) A huge fire is set in the fireplace
4. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) The death of Mrs. Grouch
(b) His mean dogs
(c) Officer Hinkle's visit
(d) His deer hunting
5. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) He wants to intimidate her
(b) Realizes she has won
(c) Is afraid she will chase him
(d) He admires her yell
6. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He needs some quiet time
(b) He is very lonely
(c) He likes Donald Roger
(d) He wants the deer in the house
7. Emma Lou arrives with the news that...
(a) She has an idea for the raccoons
(b) She has a new friend
(c) She has seen Monarch
(d) She knows about Donald's visits
8. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He doesn't want a scene
(b) He is afraid of hurting her
(c) He would never live it down
(d) He knows she is stronger than him
9. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
(a) Encounter Emma Lou on his visits
(b) Step on the baby raccoons
(c) Take away all the animals
(d) Report him again to Hinkle
10. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) Emma Lou is out of hand
(b) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(c) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(d) The neighbors have been complaining
11. Jerome decides to give Emma...
(a) Ten dollars and Old Grouch
(b) Ten dollars and his statue of Old Grouch
(c) Ten dollars and an ornament
(d) Ten dollars and dinner
12. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Puts him on a leash
(b) Builds a gate for the doorway
(c) Withholds his food
(d) Scolds him loudly
13. His mood lifted, Jerome asks Donald to...
(a) Come for dinner the next night
(b) Stay on for the evening
(c) Smoke a pipe with him
(d) Bring more food to him
14. The Eppys have brought with them to Jerome's house...
(a) Large baskets of food
(c) A side of venison
15. All of the Eppy men, including young Ben, decide to ...
(a) Enjoy the tree
(b) Smoke a pipe
(c) Interrogate Jerome
(d) Rest for a while
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald shares his idea about...
2. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
3. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
4. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
5. Jerome's house seems ...
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)