|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
(a) Carve a statue of his dog
(b) Sell his work at the market
(c) Carve a statue of himself
(d) Carve a statue of Monarch
2. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Gathering up corn cobs
(b) Mashing the potatoes
(c) Setting the table
(d) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
3. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
(a) A home for the skunks and their babies
(b) A shed for himself
(c) A new home for the raccoons
(d) A new home for the pack rats
4. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Selling the animals for hunting
(b) Selling the animals for fur
(c) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
(d) Penning all the animals together
5. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
6. Jerome appreciates that the Eppys...
(a) Are an outspoken bunch
(b) Like his animals
(c) Left their boots outside
(d) Walked a mile in the rain to his house
7. Donald and Emma Lou are...
(a) Set on training the animals
(b) Angry at Jerome for tricking them
(c) Surprised to see one another
(d) Jealous of Old Grouch's attentions
8. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
(a) Donald's father is having them checked out
(b) The Eppys are interviewing every one of them
(c) Ben Eppy will question them
(d) Emma will threaten them with her rifle
9. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
(b) Say she does not want a present
(c) Present him with a gift
(d) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
10. Jerome seems now to be needing...
(a) More food
(b) A housekeeper
(c) More sunshine
(d) More sleep
11. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(b) Give the skunks some stepping stones
(c) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(d) Draw a plan for another statute
12. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Puts him on a leash
(b) Withholds his food
(c) Scolds him loudly
(d) Builds a gate for the doorway
13. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) The two are actually in love
(b) His plan for peace between them has worked
(c) They are better kids than he thought
(d) His world is about to change
14. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She carved from stone
(b) She traded her beany for
(c) She has made for him
(d) She bought for him in town
15. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(b) Show him around the woods
(c) Get support for her circus
(d) Convince him the Eppys are good
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma asks Jerome if she can fix...
2. Jerome cleans up spots on the floor with...
3. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
4. Donald arrives at Jerome's house, carrying...
5. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)