|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Hinkle wants Jerome to...
(a) Take Monarch into the woods
(b) Keep Monarch penned up
(c) Bring Monarch into the house
(d) Leave Monarch's gate open
2. All of the Eppy men, including young Ben, decide to ...
(a) Enjoy the tree
(b) Rest for a while
(c) Interrogate Jerome
(d) Smoke a pipe
3. Donald apologizes to Jerome for having been...
4. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(b) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(c) Emma Lou is out of hand
(d) The neighbors have been complaining
5. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(a) Donald Roger's
(d) Emma Lou's
6. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
(a) Buy a winter coat
(b) Buy dresses and wear them
(c) Save the money
(d) Take the family on a trip
7. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome frets about their safety
(b) Jerome wishes they had stayed
(c) Jerome decides to check on them
(d) Jerome is not worried
8. The skunks are wanted by...
(a) Public parks
(b) Zoos and arboretums
(c) State recreation areas
(d) Zoos and estates
9. Officer Hinkle stays on at Jerome's...
(a) To protect Emma Lou from Donald
(b) To see if Jerome has secrets
(c) To look at the menagerie
(d) To share dinner with him and Emma
10. Jerome's house seems ...
(a) More crowded than usual
(b) Dark and dank
(c) Cold and unwelcoming
(d) Unusually messy
11. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She has made for him
(b) She traded her beany for
(c) She carved from stone
(d) She bought for him in town
12. When she arrives for dinner, Emma Lou...
(a) Seems more like her old self
(b) Is jolly and full of jokes
(c) Is moody and depressed
(d) Is cold and distant
13. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(b) Convince him the Eppys are good
(c) Get support for her circus
(d) Show him around the woods
14. At this point, Jerome is housing...
(a) Twenty-five pack rats
(b) Twenty-five raccoons
(c) Fifteen babies
(d) Twenty-five skunks
15. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
(a) Do homework together
(b) Make peace with one another
(c) Continue with their feuding
(d) Visit Jerome together
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome turns Monarch's corral into...
2. To make sure there are no fur farmers among the buyers who want the animals,...
3. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
4. Jerome emphasizes that it is not polite to fight when one is...
5. It worries Jerome that Donald might...
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)