|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Draw a plan for another statute
(b) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(c) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
(d) Give the skunks some stepping stones
2. To keep Monarch out of the house, Jerome ...
(a) Withholds his food
(b) Scolds him loudly
(c) Puts him on a leash
(d) Builds a gate for the doorway
3. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Convince him the Eppys are good
(b) Get support for her circus
(c) Let him know about Donald's dogs
(d) Show him around the woods
4. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(b) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(c) He will want to work again
(d) He will need to move out
5. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Is left with cracks and holes
(b) Is severely damaged
(c) Settles back into place
(d) Is leaking water everywhere
6. Jerome seems now to be needing...
(a) More food
(b) More sleep
(c) A housekeeper
(d) More sunshine
7. The weather for Jerome's Christmas party is...
(a) Sunny and warm
(b) Clear and cold
8. Why does Donald not want to fight with Emma Lou?
(a) He doesn't want a scene
(b) He knows she is stronger than him
(c) He would never live it down
(d) He is afraid of hurting her
9. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(b) Emma Lou is out of hand
(c) The neighbors have been complaining
(d) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
10. Jerome is weary from...
(a) Visits from Emma Lou and Donald
(b) Working on stone projects
(c) The chaos of so many animals in the house
(d) Building new nests for the animals
11. As a team effort, Donald and Emma Lou share the task of...
(a) Husking the corn and feeding the raccoons
(b) Mashing the potatoes
(c) Setting the table
(d) Gathering up corn cobs
12. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Feels the Christmas spirit
(b) Wants to be alone
(c) Wishes for company
(d) Is depressed
13. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Cleaning under the bed
(b) Making sandwiches
(c) Warming the cabin
(d) Making punch
14. Jerome appreciates that the Eppys...
(a) Like his animals
(b) Walked a mile in the rain to his house
(c) Left their boots outside
(d) Are an outspoken bunch
15. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Donald Roger
(b) Skunks and raccoons
(c) Monarch and his family
(d) The entire Eppy family
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma asks Jerome if she can fix...
2. Emma Lou and Jerome decide to...
3. So far, Donald's magazine ads have...
4. Emma Lou has been eating quite a bit of...
5. Jerome knows now that he must do something about...
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)