|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
(a) Monarch was an orphan
(b) Monarch loves people
(c) Monarch's life was in danger
(d) Monarch's mother had left him
2. Jim Hinkle would like Jerome to ...
(a) Carve a statue of himself
(b) Carve a statue of Monarch
(c) Carve a statue of his dog
(d) Sell his work at the market
3. Donald agrees to think about...
(a) How to find Monarch
(b) A solution to the feuding
(c) How to fix Emma Lou
(d) How to solve Jerome's animal problem
4. Jerome is somewhat concerned when...
(a) The wind moves his redwood tree
(b) A hurricane approaches
(c) The animals become rowdy
(d) The rain drenches his yard
5. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will want to work again
(b) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(c) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(d) He will need to move out
6. Regarding the Eppys' long walk home,...
(a) Jerome decides to check on them
(b) Jerome is not worried
(c) Jerome frets about their safety
(d) Jerome wishes they had stayed
7. Jerome needs a walk, but he sits, instead, because...
(a) He cannot leave the baby skunks
(b) He is afraid the raccoons will eat his mattress
(c) He is too weary to walk
(d) He is waiting for company
8. When the children leave together, Jerome realizes that...
(a) His world is about to change
(b) They are better kids than he thought
(c) The two are actually in love
(d) His plan for peace between them has worked
9. Emma Lou and Donald...
(a) Are Jerome's caretakers
(b) Will always be angry at one another
(c) Can't let go of a grudge
(d) Have become good friends
10. Emma Lou promises to return at 7 p.m. to...
(a) Put the animals to bed
(b) Put candles on the tree and light them
(c) Eat Christmas dinner
(d) Finish decorating
11. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) Is afraid she will chase him
(b) Realizes she has won
(c) He wants to intimidate her
(d) He admires her yell
12. Donald is not proud of himself regarding...
(a) The death of Mrs. Grouch
(b) His mean dogs
(c) Officer Hinkle's visit
(d) His deer hunting
13. Jerome decides to give Emma...
(a) Ten dollars and Old Grouch
(b) Ten dollars and an ornament
(c) Ten dollars and his statue of Old Grouch
(d) Ten dollars and dinner
14. Emma Lou uses the visit with Hinkle to...
(a) Convince him the Eppys are good
(b) Show him around the woods
(c) Get support for her circus
(d) Let him know about Donald's dogs
15. When the storm dies down, Jerome's house...
(a) Settles back into place
(b) Is left with cracks and holes
(c) Is leaking water everywhere
(d) Is severely damaged
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma Lou has been eating quite a bit of...
2. Jerome seems now to be needing...
3. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
4. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
5. At the table, Emma Lou and Donald gently argue about...
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)