|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the animals are taken away, Jerome will...
(a) Only keep Mama skunk
(b) Give them all away gladly
(c) Give Old Grouch to Emma
(d) Hold on to Papa, Mama and Old Grouch
2. Emma Lou gives Jerome a present for Christmas that...
(a) She carved from stone
(b) She traded her beany for
(c) She bought for him in town
(d) She has made for him
3. For the first time in many years, Jerome...
(a) Wants to be alone
(b) Feels the Christmas spirit
(c) Is depressed
(d) Wishes for company
4. Jerome realizes that, secretly, that...
(a) He is very lonely
(b) He wants the deer in the house
(c) He likes Donald Roger
(d) He needs some quiet time
5. During the school year, Emma Lou and Donald Roger...
(a) Do homework together
(b) Make peace with one another
(c) Continue with their feuding
(d) Visit Jerome together
6. Jerome wants to consider...
(a) Separating the skunks and raccoons
(b) Starting up the circus
(c) Teaching the animals some manners
(d) Showing the animals the door
7. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Does not mention them
(b) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(c) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
(d) Cleans them up
8. The Eppys have brought with them to Jerome's house...
(a) A side of venison
(c) Large baskets of food
9. Donald shares his idea about...
(a) Penning all the animals together
(b) Selling the animals for hunting
(c) Selling the animals for fur
(d) Selling the animals to replenish wildlife
10. The original idea to pen the deer was that of ...
(c) Emma Lou's
(d) Donald Roger's
11. Officer Hinkle pays Jerome a visit because...
(a) The neighbors have been complaining
(b) Donald Roger called him about Monarch
(c) Donald Roger suspects Jerome of criminal behavior
(d) Emma Lou is out of hand
12. All of the Eppy men, including young Ben, decide to ...
(a) Interrogate Jerome
(b) Enjoy the tree
(c) Smoke a pipe
(d) Rest for a while
13. Jerome's house seems ...
(a) Dark and dank
(b) Cold and unwelcoming
(c) Unusually messy
(d) More crowded than usual
14. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Say she does not want a present
(b) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
(c) Present him with a gift
(d) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
15. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(b) He will need to move out
(c) The raccoons and skunks will fight
(d) He will want to work again
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerome seems now to be needing...
2. Responses to Donald's ads have resulted in...
3. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
4. The Eppys include the parents, Emma Lou and...
5. Jerome is weary from...
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)