|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome prepares for the party by...
(a) Cleaning under the bed
(b) Making sandwiches
(c) Warming the cabin
(d) Making punch
2. For the Christmas party, Jerome is expecting...
(a) Monarch and his family
(b) Donald Roger
(c) The entire Eppy family
(d) Skunks and raccoons
3. Jerome thinks Emma may suspect that...
(a) Monarch has left the area
(b) Ben and Donald have killed Monarch
(c) Ben has reported the Eppys'
(d) Donald and his dog found Monarch
4. Emma has to convince Officer Hinkle that...
(a) Monarch was an orphan
(b) Monarch's mother had left him
(c) Monarch's life was in danger
(d) Monarch loves people
5. Emma Lou and Jerome decide to...
(a) Make sandwiches
(b) Clear out the animals
(c) Clean the house
(d) Make popcorn
6. Emma Lou wants Jerome to think that the Christmas party...
(a) Is the only one she will attend
(b) Will be no trouble
(c) Is just for the animals
(d) Will be small and cozy
7. As food for the raccoons, Donald has brought...
(a) Canned corn
(b) Chicken scraps
(c) Fresh eggs
(d) Green corn
8. Donald stops in a thicket to stare at Emma Lou because...
(a) He admires her yell
(b) Realizes she has won
(c) He wants to intimidate her
(d) Is afraid she will chase him
9. Emma sees the corn cobs on the floor and...
(a) Does not mention them
(b) Is disgusted with poor housekeeping
(c) Cleans them up
(d) Wonders why Jerome has not swept
10. Jerome knows it is possible that, at some point...
(a) He will want to work again
(b) He will be too tired to feed the animals
(c) He will need to move out
(d) The raccoons and skunks will fight
11. Jerome is waiting for Emma Lou to...
(a) Hint about what she wants for Christmas
(b) Present him with a gift
(c) Tell him what she has gotten him for Christmas
(d) Say she does not want a present
12. Emma Lou wants to take her statue of Old Grouch...
(a) To put in her bedroom
(b) Because she is leaving for good
(c) To take to school with her
(d) Because she misses him
13. Jerome seems now to be needing...
(a) More sunshine
(b) More sleep
(c) A housekeeper
(d) More food
14. Donald agrees to think about...
(a) A solution to the feuding
(b) How to solve Jerome's animal problem
(c) How to fix Emma Lou
(d) How to find Monarch
15. Emma Lou gets out her pencil and seven cylinders to...
(a) Give the skunks some stepping stones
(b) Draw perfect circles on the floor
(c) Draw a plan for another statute
(d) Show off the tricks she has taught to the skunks
Short Answer Questions
1. The weather for Jerome's Christmas party is...
2. Although Emma Lou wants to buy boots with her money, her mother wants her to...
3. The skunks are wanted by...
4. Through responses to his ads, Donald has learned that...
5. Jerome wants to consider...
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)