|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
(a) Hides under the table
(b) Hides under Jerome's bed
(c) Runs out into the woods
(d) Climbs up into the chimney
2. Jerome is happy to camp out, and it makes him feel...
3. What does Emma Lou do while she walks alone in the woods?
(a) She hunts for owls
(b) She thinks about things
(c) She makes up rhymes
(d) She cries
4. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
(a) They do not belong to him
(b) They are his private property
(c) They are unwanted guests
(d) They do not own the woods
5. How does Jerome feel about Emma arming herself with a rifle?
(a) He hopes it will help fend off Donald Roger
(b) He hopes she is a good shot
(c) It is worrisome to him
(d) He wants to see her hit her target
6. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
(a) His well
(b) His monument
(c) His front steps
(d) The large fireplace in his house
7. What are Mr. Grouch's least agreeable characteristics?
(a) He is fat and hungry
(b) He is selfish and lazy
(c) He sleeps all day
(d) He is a slow mover
8. Emma Lou has skills that Jerome does not have, including...
(a) Surviving through the winter
(b) Knowledge of how to get rid of skunk smell
(c) Spelling and grammar
(d) The ability to set up a camp
9. Emma Lou Eppy could be described as...
(a) A gang member
(b) A diva
(c) A tom boy
(d) A future fashion model
10. Why did Donald Roger pay a visit to Jerome?
(a) To look at the inside of the cabin
(b) To pay him for the racoon his dog killed
(c) To get some ideas for building a shack
(d) To discuss Emma Lou's rage toward him
11. Where are Jerome's stonecutting tools?
(a) In a knot in the redwood tree
(b) In a cupboard
(c) Buried nearby
(d) Behind the last stone in the fireplace
12. On what side of the nest does Mr. Grouch sleep?
(a) The hard flat side
(b) The cushioned side
(c) The dry side
(d) The side where the babies are
13. Emma Lou does not tell Jerome that she and Ben..
(a) Killed the mountain lion
(b) Spent a long time hunting the lion
(c) Sicced a hound on the lion
(d) Saw the lion in town
14. What breed is Strong-Heart?
(a) Pit bull
15. Emma saves an orphaned deer from being killed by...
(a) Strong Heart
(b) A cougar
(d) Roger Donald
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa and Mama bring their baby skunks to Jerome for...
2. Where did Emma go to visit her aunt?
3. What is the history of Jerome's stonecutting business?
4. How do Mr. and Mrs. Grouch respond to Jerome's talking?
5. To what strange place does Mrs. Grouch move her children?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)