Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The skunks and Emma Lou are...
(c) Very close friends
(d) Afraid of one another
2. The Eppy house was located...
(a) In the local suburbs
(b) Closer to town
(c) In a grove of redwoods
(d) In a pasture below the mountains
3. How does Jerome feel about carving a headstone for Charmine?
(a) He is frustrated over his diminishing skill
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary
(c) He is eager, and happy to be working
(d) He is too sad to do much work on it
4. Moving Runt's box requires Jerome to...
(a) Rewire the room's lighting
(b) Renovate the living room
(c) Change the wiring of the cabinet
(d) Move the wood stove
5. Who is Emma Lou Eppy?
(a) A college student who is studying Jerome Kildee
(b) A park ranger who keeps an eye on the property
(c) A hunter who stops by to visit
(d) The only girl in the neighboring Eppy family of nine
6. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
(a) Cakes and cereal
(b) Fruit and vegetables
(c) Raw potatoes and carrots
(d) Eggs and Spam
7. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
(a) Jerome hides
(b) Jerome is relieved
(c) Jerome becomes excited
(d) Jerome is alarmed
8. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
(a) Being raised in the woods
(b) Having all brothers
(c) Going to a bad school
(d) Having mean parents
9. What tasty dessert did Jerome make for Emma Lou?
(a) Berry scones
(d) Fresh bread
10. Emma Lou's intention is to use her rifle to...
(a) Protect Jerome from Donald Roger
(b) Frighten Donald Roger away for good
(c) Poach deer for her family
(d) Shoot Donald Roger's dog
11. What characteristic makes Jerome Kildee want to live in the middle of the forest?
(a) He is a silent man
(b) He is a forager
(c) He is afraid of people
(d) He is speech impaired
12. Jerome finds that the baby deer is a...
(c) Food source
13. What is Emma's weapon of choice?
(a) A spear
(b) A beany
(c) A rock
(d) A gun
14. Why does Jerome check his fireplace before lighting a fire?
(a) He wants to be sure the draft is right
(b) A rat resides in the chimney
(c) He wants to be sure he has used up the wood from the last fire
(d) The family of spotted skunks may be hiding there
15. What is unique about Jerome's front wndow?
(a) It is a sliding glass door
(b) It is covered with draperies
(c) It is the size of a storefront window
(d) It is made of stained glass
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma is teaching the young skunks to...
2. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
3. Why does Jerome take his tools out of the wall?
4. Jerome decides to use his stonecutter's tools to make...
5. Emma saves an orphaned deer from being killed by...
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)