|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is keeping Jerome awake at night?
(a) The sounds of the racoons
(b) The skunks crying for food
(c) Owls hooting overhead
(d) The noise from rats in the wall
2. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
(a) His monument
(b) His front steps
(c) His well
(d) The large fireplace in his house
3. Who is Mr. Grouch?
(a) A neighbor at the foot of the mountain
(b) A big rat in the wall
(c) The male raccoon who lives in the redwood tree
(d) A spotted skunk
4. Emma Lou does not tell Jerome that she and Ben..
(a) Saw the lion in town
(b) Sicced a hound on the lion
(c) Spent a long time hunting the lion
(d) Killed the mountain lion
5. Why does Emma Lou's brother, Ben, pay a visit to Jerome?
(a) His mother wonders why Emma Lou goes there
(b) He is suspicious of Jerome's intentions
(c) He wants to see the array of animals
(d) He wants to confront Jerome about hunting
6. Moving Runt's box requires Jerome to...
(a) Change the wiring of the cabinet
(b) Renovate the living room
(c) Rewire the room's lighting
(d) Move the wood stove
7. What is the fate of Mrs. Grouch?
(a) She leaves and never returns
(b) Stronheart kills her
(c) She has more children
(d) She finds a home on a different property
8. How is Jerome able to tolerate skunks in the house?
(a) They keep him warm at night
(b) They listen to him talk
(c) They do not use their weapons on him
(d) They are polite and do not want to stay
9. How did Charmine punish the runt of her litter?
(a) She nipped at her and growled
(b) She gave her less food than the others
(c) She left her behind when the family went to the spring
(d) She whipped her with her tail
10. Emma refers to her parents as...
(a) Her jailers
(b) The bosses
(c) Job and Cilly
(d) The old folks
11. Who takes up caring for Mrs. Grouch's babies?
(a) Old Grouch
12. What appeals to Jerome about Emma?
(a) Her demure nature
(b) Her laugh
(c) She is not a typical girl
(d) Her red hair
13. After coffee and a smoke, Ben tells Jerome...
(a) He wants to be part of the circus
(b) He will help him any time
(c) Thanks for watching his sister
(d) He has to leave for school
14. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
(a) Climbs up into the chimney
(b) Hides under the table
(c) Hides under Jerome's bed
(d) Runs out into the woods
15. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
(a) They do not own the woods
(b) They do not belong to him
(c) They are his private property
(d) They are unwanted guests
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa's reaction to the sound of barking is to...
2. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
3. Papa and Mama bring their baby skunks to Jerome for...
4. The Eppys like to have...
5. Jerome finds that the baby deer is a...
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)