|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of Mrs. Grouch?
(a) She finds a home on a different property
(b) Stronheart kills her
(c) She has more children
(d) She leaves and never returns
2. What breed is Strong-Heart?
(d) Pit bull
3. The Eppys like to have...
(b) Heavy suppers
(c) Light meals
4. What are Mr. Grouch's least agreeable characteristics?
(a) He sleeps all day
(b) He is a slow mover
(c) He is fat and hungry
(d) He is selfish and lazy
5. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
(a) Being raised in the woods
(b) Going to a bad school
(c) Having all brothers
(d) Having mean parents
6. Jerome decides to use his stonecutter's tools to make...
(a) A headstone
(b) An obelisk
(c) A statue
(d) A pyramid
7. What made Emma Lou finally decide to go to Jerome's door?
(a) He smiled at her in the post office
(b) She liked the look of his front window
(c) He invited her for lunch
(d) Her anger gave her the courage to go
8. What are the raccoons doing that keeps Jerome awake all night?
(d) Going in and out
9. What do we know about Jerome's past?
(a) He was married for years
(b) He was a happy man
(c) He has been a mediocre stone cutter
(d) He has not been able to connect with people
10. What name did Emma Lou and Jerome assign to Mrs. Grouch?
11. Donald Roger has made a habit of...
(a) Stalking the fawn
(b) Stalking Emma Lou
(c) Watching the Kildee house
(d) Counting the pets at the Kildee house
12. Papa's reaction to the sound of barking is to...
(a) Run to meet the dog
(b) Lift his tail
(c) Hide under the bed
(d) Bare his teeth
13. How does Jerome feel about Emma arming herself with a rifle?
(a) He wants to see her hit her target
(b) He hopes she is a good shot
(c) It is worrisome to him
(d) He hopes it will help fend off Donald Roger
14. How does Old Grouch demonstrate his indifference as a parent?
(a) He eats the babies' food
(b) He leaves the cabin
(c) He takes over the babies' nest for himself
(d) He chooses to care for Ma and Pa's babies
15. What does Jerome regret about the people he encountered in his work?
(a) They were not pleased with his work
(b) They were unable to talk with him
(c) They were sad and he was unable to comfort them
(d) He has not stayed in touch with them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ben Eppy?
2. Emma's choice of clothing, instead of frilly dresses, was...
3. During this first visit with Jerome, Emma Lou...
4. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
5. Emma Lou's intention is to use her rifle to...
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)