|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed is Strong-Heart?
(a) Pit bull
2. Emma Lou's mother is...
3. The Eppys like to have...
(b) Light meals
(d) Heavy suppers
4. Another food source for the skunks is...
(a) Baby raccoons
5. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
(a) A beany
(b) A pellet gun
(c) A peashooter
(d) A bat
6. The figure of Charmine on the stone looks like Charmine when she...
(a) Peeked over the edge of her box at Jerome
(b) Went on guard to protect her babies
(c) Stalked prey for food
(d) Tried to wake Jerome in the morning for breakfast
7. The hungry fawn is very attracted to...
(a) The outside
(b) The baby skunks
(c) Jerome's coat
(d) Jerome's feet
8. After coffee and a smoke, Ben tells Jerome...
(a) He wants to be part of the circus
(b) Thanks for watching his sister
(c) He will help him any time
(d) He has to leave for school
9. Donald Roger has made a habit of...
(a) Watching the Kildee house
(b) Stalking Emma Lou
(c) Counting the pets at the Kildee house
(d) Stalking the fawn
10. What is the history of Jerome's stonecutting business?
(a) His grandfather employed him
(b) He worked there as an apprentice for his uncle
(c) His grandfather and father had both owned it
(d) He was employed by the funeral home
11. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
(a) A terrorist
(b) A murderer
(c) A wildlife lover
(d) A good friend
12. What does Emma Lou discover in the blackberry patch?
(a) A raccoon
(b) A bobcat
(c) A small fawn
(d) A skunk
13. To what does Jerome compare the pack rats' clumping noise?
(a) A man on stilts
(b) Kettle drums
(c) A thundercloud
(d) A small train
14. For Jerome, camping out proves to be...
(a) A peaceful break
(b) A risky adventure
(c) A trying experience
(d) A pleasure
15. What made Emma Lou finally decide to go to Jerome's door?
(a) She liked the look of his front window
(b) Her anger gave her the courage to go
(c) He smiled at her in the post office
(d) He invited her for lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. The skunks and Emma Lou are...
2. How does Mr. Grouch get in and out of the house?
3. What tasty dessert did Jerome make for Emma Lou?
4. On what side of the nest does Mr. Grouch sleep?
5. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)