|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome attempts to get the skunky smell out of the cabin by...
(a) Spraying ammonia
(b) Cooking a meal
(c) Leaving the door open
(d) Lighting a pipe
2. For Jerome, camping out proves to be...
(a) A peaceful break
(b) A risky adventure
(c) A trying experience
(d) A pleasure
3. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
(a) Jerome becomes excited
(b) Jerome hides
(c) Jerome is alarmed
(d) Jerome is relieved
4. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
(a) Hides under Jerome's bed
(b) Climbs up into the chimney
(c) Hides under the table
(d) Runs out into the woods
5. What is the history of Jerome's stonecutting business?
(a) His grandfather employed him
(b) He was employed by the funeral home
(c) He worked there as an apprentice for his uncle
(d) His grandfather and father had both owned it
6. Why does Emma Lou's brother, Ben, pay a visit to Jerome?
(a) He is suspicious of Jerome's intentions
(b) His mother wonders why Emma Lou goes there
(c) He wants to see the array of animals
(d) He wants to confront Jerome about hunting
7. What is the lifestyle change that Jerome makes when he moves to his hundred acres in the woods?
(a) He relies on others for food
(b) He no longer works
(c) He chops wood for a living
(d) He becomes a land realtor
8. Jerome finds that the baby deer is a...
(d) Food source
9. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
(a) They are his private property
(b) They are unwanted guests
(c) They do not own the woods
(d) They do not belong to him
10. How is Jerome able to tolerate skunks in the house?
(a) They listen to him talk
(b) They keep him warm at night
(c) They do not use their weapons on him
(d) They are polite and do not want to stay
11. The cabin smells so bad, that Jerome decides to...
(a) Go into town
(b) Wash everything down
(c) Camp out for a while
(d) Burn a fire inside
12. On what side of the nest does Mr. Grouch sleep?
(a) The side where the babies are
(b) The dry side
(c) The cushioned side
(d) The hard flat side
13. What is Emma's weapon of choice?
(a) A spear
(b) A rock
(c) A gun
(d) A beany
14. What is keeping Jerome awake at night?
(a) The skunks crying for food
(b) The sounds of the racoons
(c) Owls hooting overhead
(d) The noise from rats in the wall
15. Who is Mr. Grouch?
(a) A neighbor at the foot of the mountain
(b) A spotted skunk
(c) The male raccoon who lives in the redwood tree
(d) A big rat in the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. Emma Lou Eppy could be described as...
2. Emma Lou's intention is to use her rifle to...
3. By chewing up his letters, what do the mice accomplish for Jerome?
4. Papa's reaction to the sound of barking is to...
5. Why did Donald Roger pay a visit to Jerome?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)