|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of Mrs. Grouch?
(a) Stronheart kills her
(b) She leaves and never returns
(c) She has more children
(d) She finds a home on a different property
2. Who is Emma Lou Eppy?
(a) A park ranger who keeps an eye on the property
(b) A hunter who stops by to visit
(c) A college student who is studying Jerome Kildee
(d) The only girl in the neighboring Eppy family of nine
3. Emma Lou does not tell Jerome that she and Ben..
(a) Sicced a hound on the lion
(b) Killed the mountain lion
(c) Spent a long time hunting the lion
(d) Saw the lion in town
4. The Eppys like to have...
(a) Heavy suppers
(b) Light meals
5. Papa and Mama bring their baby skunks to Jerome for...
6. Emma Lou has moved away from her childhood dreams of...
(a) Running a campground
(b) Being a farmer
(c) A knight on a white horse
(d) Owning a veterinary hospital
7. What are the raccoons doing that keeps Jerome awake all night?
(b) Going in and out
8. Emma's choice of clothing, instead of frilly dresses, was...
(a) Hooded raincoats
(b) Rolled up jeans
(c) Long black pants
(d) Tights and boots
9. The hungry fawn is very attracted to...
(a) Jerome's feet
(b) The baby skunks
(c) Jerome's coat
(d) The outside
10. Jerome thinks that Old Grouch is...
(a) Looking for Strong Heart
(b) Missing Emma Lou
(c) Preparing to die
(d) Pining for his wife
11. How does Jerome feel about carving a headstone for Charmine?
(a) He thinks it is unnecessary
(b) He is too sad to do much work on it
(c) He is eager, and happy to be working
(d) He is frustrated over his diminishing skill
12. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
(a) Having mean parents
(b) Having all brothers
(c) Going to a bad school
(d) Being raised in the woods
13. Jerome is happy to camp out, and it makes him feel...
14. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
(a) A terrorist
(b) A good friend
(c) A wildlife lover
(d) A murderer
15. Mama and Papa are taking their babies out at night to...
(a) Teach them to hunt
(b) Help them learn to see in the dark
(c) Play freely
(d) Teach them defense skills
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Eppy family arrived in the redwood forest, they were a family of
2. During this first visit with Jerome, Emma Lou...
3. Who is Amby?
4. Emma saves an orphaned deer from being killed by...
5. Jerome decides to use his stonecutter's tools to make...
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)