|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this first visit with Jerome, Emma Lou...
(a) Brings her dog, Ma Grady
(b) Remains quiet and withdrawn
(c) Ridicules Jerome for having animals
(d) Demonstrates her large appetite
2. Papa's reaction to the sound of barking is to...
(a) Run to meet the dog
(b) Hide under the bed
(c) Bare his teeth
(d) Lift his tail
3. To what does Jerome compare the pack rats' clumping noise?
(a) A thundercloud
(b) Kettle drums
(c) A small train
(d) A man on stilts
4. How does Emma Lou feel about Donald?
(a) She feels rage toward him for letting his dog kill animals
(b) She wants to bump into him in the woods
(c) She has a heartfelt desire to see him move away
(d) She is fascinated by him
5. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
(a) A beany
(b) A pellet gun
(c) A bat
(d) A peashooter
6. After coffee and a smoke, Ben tells Jerome...
(a) He wants to be part of the circus
(b) Thanks for watching his sister
(c) He will help him any time
(d) He has to leave for school
7. Emma's choice of clothing, instead of frilly dresses, was...
(a) Tights and boots
(b) Hooded raincoats
(c) Rolled up jeans
(d) Long black pants
8. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
(a) Jerome becomes excited
(b) Jerome is alarmed
(c) Jerome is relieved
(d) Jerome hides
9. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
(a) A good friend
(b) A wildlife lover
(c) A terrorist
(d) A murderer
10. Runt's new partner is...
(a) Mean and snappish
(b) Lazy and slow
(c) Very hungry
(d) As big as Old Grouch
11. Emma Lou has skills that Jerome does not have, including...
(a) Surviving through the winter
(b) Knowledge of how to get rid of skunk smell
(c) Spelling and grammar
(d) The ability to set up a camp
12. What characteristic makes Jerome Kildee want to live in the middle of the forest?
(a) He is speech impaired
(b) He is afraid of people
(c) He is a silent man
(d) He is a forager
13. The Eppy house was located...
(a) In a pasture below the mountains
(b) In a grove of redwoods
(c) Closer to town
(d) In the local suburbs
14. How does Old Grouch demonstrate his indifference as a parent?
(a) He eats the babies' food
(b) He takes over the babies' nest for himself
(c) He chooses to care for Ma and Pa's babies
(d) He leaves the cabin
15. What breed is Strong-Heart?
(d) Pit bull
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of the noises in the wall?
2. Emma is teaching the young skunks to...
3. How did Charmine punish the runt of her litter?
4. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
5. Strong Heart intends to eat Papa, however...
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)