|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma Lou discover in the blackberry patch?
(a) A skunk
(b) A raccoon
(c) A bobcat
(d) A small fawn
2. Emma Lou has been helping her mother, Cilly, by...
(a) Turning the washer ringer
(b) Cooking breakfast
(c) Hanging out clothes
(d) Scrubbing floors
3. What characteristic makes Jerome Kildee want to live in the middle of the forest?
(a) He is a silent man
(b) He is speech impaired
(c) He is afraid of people
(d) He is a forager
4. Who is Ben Eppy?
(a) Emma's father
(b) An uncle to Emma
(c) Emma's brother in law
(d) The Eppys' youngest son
5. What appeals to Jerome about Emma?
(a) Her laugh
(b) She is not a typical girl
(c) Her red hair
(d) Her demure nature
6. After coffee and a smoke, Ben tells Jerome...
(a) He will help him any time
(b) Thanks for watching his sister
(c) He has to leave for school
(d) He wants to be part of the circus
7. Old Grouch's children arrive...
(a) With a couple of new children
(b) With new spouses
(c) With more aggressive attitude
(d) With a supply of food
8. What are Mr. Grouch's least agreeable characteristics?
(a) He is fat and hungry
(b) He is a slow mover
(c) He sleeps all day
(d) He is selfish and lazy
9. Papa's reaction to the sound of barking is to...
(a) Bare his teeth
(b) Hide under the bed
(c) Lift his tail
(d) Run to meet the dog
10. To what does Jerome compare the pack rats' clumping noise?
(a) A thundercloud
(b) A small train
(c) Kettle drums
(d) A man on stilts
11. What is Emma's weapon of choice?
(a) A beany
(b) A gun
(c) A spear
(d) A rock
12. When Donald Roger hears Emma Lou approaching the cabin, he...
(a) Hides under Jerome's bed
(b) Hides under the table
(c) Climbs up into the chimney
(d) Runs out into the woods
13. The skunks and Emma Lou are...
(a) Very close friends
(d) Afraid of one another
14. Emma Lou has moved away from her childhood dreams of...
(a) Owning a veterinary hospital
(b) A knight on a white horse
(c) Being a farmer
(d) Running a campground
15. How did Charmine punish the runt of her litter?
(a) She whipped her with her tail
(b) She gave her less food than the others
(c) She nipped at her and growled
(d) She left her behind when the family went to the spring
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we know about Jerome's past?
2. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
3. What is unique about Jerome's front wndow?
4. How does Jerome feel about the woodland animals?
5. Emma is teaching the young skunks to...
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)