|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mr. Grouch's least agreeable characteristics?
(a) He sleeps all day
(b) He is fat and hungry
(c) He is a slow mover
(d) He is selfish and lazy
2. Who is Mr. Grouch?
(a) The male raccoon who lives in the redwood tree
(b) A neighbor at the foot of the mountain
(c) A spotted skunk
(d) A big rat in the wall
3. Strong Heart intends to eat Papa, however...
(a) Papa runs faster
(b) Papa tricks him
(c) Papa cowers under the bed
(d) Papa sprays him
4. What tasty dessert did Jerome make for Emma Lou?
(a) Fresh bread
(b) Berry scones
5. Who is Ben Eppy?
(a) Emma's father
(b) Emma's brother in law
(c) An uncle to Emma
(d) The Eppys' youngest son
6. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
(a) A murderer
(b) A wildlife lover
(c) A good friend
(d) A terrorist
7. What does Jerome regret about the people he encountered in his work?
(a) He has not stayed in touch with them
(b) They were sad and he was unable to comfort them
(c) They were not pleased with his work
(d) They were unable to talk with him
8. How does Mr. Grouch get in and out of the house?
(a) Jerome lets him in and out
(b) He comes up from under the floor
(c) He learns how to knock on the door
(d) Jerome builds a small, swinging door for him
9. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
(a) A beany
(b) A bat
(c) A peashooter
(d) A pellet gun
10. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
(a) Raw potatoes and carrots
(b) Fruit and vegetables
(c) Eggs and Spam
(d) Cakes and cereal
11. Emma Lou has been helping her mother, Cilly, by...
(a) Hanging out clothes
(b) Turning the washer ringer
(c) Scrubbing floors
(d) Cooking breakfast
12. Emma Lou Eppy could be described as...
(a) A tom boy
(b) A future fashion model
(c) A diva
(d) A gang member
13. Moving Runt's box requires Jerome to...
(a) Move the wood stove
(b) Renovate the living room
(c) Change the wiring of the cabinet
(d) Rewire the room's lighting
14. When the Eppy family arrived in the redwood forest, they were a family of
15. Who is Emma Lou Eppy?
(a) A hunter who stops by to visit
(b) The only girl in the neighboring Eppy family of nine
(c) A college student who is studying Jerome Kildee
(d) A park ranger who keeps an eye on the property
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Old Grouch demonstrate his indifference as a parent?
2. What does Emma Lou discover in the blackberry patch?
3. Emma Lou's mother is...
4. What name did Emma Lou and Jerome assign to Mrs. Grouch?
5. What is the lifestyle change that Jerome makes when he moves to his hundred acres in the woods?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)