|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome regret about the people he encountered in his work?
(a) They were unable to talk with him
(b) He has not stayed in touch with them
(c) They were sad and he was unable to comfort them
(d) They were not pleased with his work
2. What name did Emma Lou and Jerome assign to Mrs. Grouch?
3. Who is Ben Eppy?
(a) Emma's father
(b) An uncle to Emma
(c) Emma's brother in law
(d) The Eppys' youngest son
4. Who is Emma Lou Eppy?
(a) A park ranger who keeps an eye on the property
(b) A college student who is studying Jerome Kildee
(c) The only girl in the neighboring Eppy family of nine
(d) A hunter who stops by to visit
5. Emma Lou has skills that Jerome does not have, including...
(a) Knowledge of how to get rid of skunk smell
(b) Spelling and grammar
(c) The ability to set up a camp
(d) Surviving through the winter
6. The cabin smells so bad, that Jerome decides to...
(a) Go into town
(b) Camp out for a while
(c) Wash everything down
(d) Burn a fire inside
7. Emma Lou probably gets her tough-guy attitude from...
(a) Having all brothers
(b) Going to a bad school
(c) Having mean parents
(d) Being raised in the woods
8. Why does Emma Lou's brother, Ben, pay a visit to Jerome?
(a) He wants to see the array of animals
(b) He wants to confront Jerome about hunting
(c) He is suspicious of Jerome's intentions
(d) His mother wonders why Emma Lou goes there
9. How did Charmine punish the runt of her litter?
(a) She whipped her with her tail
(b) She nipped at her and growled
(c) She left her behind when the family went to the spring
(d) She gave her less food than the others
10. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
(a) A wildlife lover
(b) A terrorist
(c) A good friend
(d) A murderer
11. Jerome thinks that Old Grouch is...
(a) Missing Emma Lou
(b) Pining for his wife
(c) Preparing to die
(d) Looking for Strong Heart
12. What are Mr. Grouch's least agreeable characteristics?
(a) He is selfish and lazy
(b) He is a slow mover
(c) He sleeps all day
(d) He is fat and hungry
13. The Eppys like to have...
(a) Light meals
(d) Heavy suppers
14. Strong Heart intends to eat Papa, however...
(a) Papa runs faster
(b) Papa tricks him
(c) Papa cowers under the bed
(d) Papa sprays him
15. How do Mr. and Mrs. Grouch respond to Jerome's talking?
(a) They quietly leave the house
(b) They become frightened
(c) They fall to sleep
(d) They begin to sing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of Mrs. Grouch?
2. Emma Lou has been helping her mother, Cilly, by...
3. On what side of the nest does Mr. Grouch sleep?
4. How does Emma Lou feel about Donald?
5. Why does Jerome take his tools out of the wall?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)