|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moving Runt's box requires Jerome to...
(a) Change the wiring of the cabinet
(b) Move the wood stove
(c) Renovate the living room
(d) Rewire the room's lighting
2. How did Charmine punish the runt of her litter?
(a) She nipped at her and growled
(b) She gave her less food than the others
(c) She whipped her with her tail
(d) She left her behind when the family went to the spring
3. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
(a) Cakes and cereal
(b) Raw potatoes and carrots
(c) Eggs and Spam
(d) Fruit and vegetables
4. Strong Heart intends to eat Papa, however...
(a) Papa runs faster
(b) Papa tricks him
(c) Papa cowers under the bed
(d) Papa sprays him
5. Another food source for the skunks is...
(c) Baby raccoons
6. How does Jerome feel about carving a headstone for Charmine?
(a) He is too sad to do much work on it
(b) He is frustrated over his diminishing skill
(c) He is eager, and happy to be working
(d) He thinks it is unnecessary
7. Jerome thinks that Old Grouch is...
(a) Looking for Strong Heart
(b) Missing Emma Lou
(c) Pining for his wife
(d) Preparing to die
8. Where did Emma go to visit her aunt?
(a) Santa Clara
(b) Santa Rita
(c) San Ramon
(d) Santa Cruz
9. How do Mr. and Mrs. Grouch respond to Jerome's talking?
(a) They quietly leave the house
(b) They become frightened
(c) They begin to sing
(d) They fall to sleep
10. How does Old Grouch demonstrate his indifference as a parent?
(a) He chooses to care for Ma and Pa's babies
(b) He leaves the cabin
(c) He eats the babies' food
(d) He takes over the babies' nest for himself
11. What do we know about Jerome's past?
(a) He was a happy man
(b) He has been a mediocre stone cutter
(c) He has not been able to connect with people
(d) He was married for years
12. Jerome attempts to get the skunky smell out of the cabin by...
(a) Leaving the door open
(b) Spraying ammonia
(c) Lighting a pipe
(d) Cooking a meal
13. Runt's new partner is...
(a) Lazy and slow
(b) Very hungry
(c) Mean and snappish
(d) As big as Old Grouch
14. For Jerome, camping out proves to be...
(a) A peaceful break
(b) A trying experience
(c) A pleasure
(d) A risky adventure
15. Emma Lou has skills that Jerome does not have, including...
(a) Surviving through the winter
(b) Knowledge of how to get rid of skunk smell
(c) The ability to set up a camp
(d) Spelling and grammar
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa and Mama bring their baby skunks to Jerome for...
2. What is the fate of Mrs. Grouch?
3. Emma feels that Roger Donald is...
4. Jerome is a bit worried at the end of this chapter because...
5. How does Emma Lou feel about Donald?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)