|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Jerome's front wndow?
(a) It is the size of a storefront window
(b) It is a sliding glass door
(c) It is made of stained glass
(d) It is covered with draperies
2. What change does Jerome make in the presence of Mr. and Mrs. Grouch?
(a) He sleeps better when they are there
(b) He begins to talk about himself and his past
(c) He fixes better meals so he can share with them
(d) He learns how to sing like animals
3. What does Emma Lou use for a weapon?
(a) A peashooter
(b) A beany
(c) A pellet gun
(d) A bat
4. How does Jerome feel about carving a headstone for Charmine?
(a) He thinks it is unnecessary
(b) He is too sad to do much work on it
(c) He is frustrated over his diminishing skill
(d) He is eager, and happy to be working
5. To what does Jerome compare the pack rats' clumping noise?
(a) Kettle drums
(b) A thundercloud
(c) A small train
(d) A man on stilts
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Eppy family arrived in the redwood forest, they were a family of
2. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
3. Emma saves an orphaned deer from being killed by...
4. Jerome begins to be aware of the fact that...
5. Old Grouch's children arrive...
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)