|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Jerome make in the presence of Mr. and Mrs. Grouch?
(a) He learns how to sing like animals
(b) He sleeps better when they are there
(c) He begins to talk about himself and his past
(d) He fixes better meals so he can share with them
2. Why does Jerome take his tools out of the wall?
(a) To secure his home from Strong Heart
(b) To stabilize his front door
(c) To make a headstone for Charmine
(d) To fix the wall damaged by packrats
3. What does Jerome consider his last masterpiece as a stone cutter?
(a) His front steps
(b) His well
(c) The large fireplace in his house
(d) His monument
4. When Emma threatens to bring a rifle...
(a) Jerome is relieved
(b) Jerome hides
(c) Jerome is alarmed
(d) Jerome becomes excited
5. How does Mr. Grouch get in and out of the house?
(a) Jerome builds a small, swinging door for him
(b) He learns how to knock on the door
(c) Jerome lets him in and out
(d) He comes up from under the floor
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of foods does Jerome provide for the animals?
2. Jerome is a bit worried at the end of this chapter because...
3. Who is Ben Eppy?
4. How does Jerome feel about Emma arming herself with a rifle?
5. Who takes care of the noises in the wall?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)