|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Khrushchev go in 1908 to join his father?
2. When are the Leningraders sentenced to death?
3. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
(d) A threat.
4. Why does Khrushchev walk everywhere he goes?
(a) He does not trust street cars.
(b) There is no transportation available.
(c) He cannot afford transportation.
(d) He enjoys the exercise.
5. What does Khrushchev become head of in 1944?
(a) Red Army.
(b) White Army.
(c) Ukrainian government.
(d) Soviet government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
2. What do Khrushchev's children warn him of?
3. What is Khrushchev accused of during the verbal assault in 1964?
4. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
5. Where does Khrushchev's family live in luxury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
2. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
3. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
4. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
5. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
6. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
7. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
8. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
9. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
10. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)