|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the chemistry students that Khrushchev begins to work with?
(a) The student is a future Noble Prize winner.
(b) The student is Stalin's wife.
(c) The student is Stalin.
(d) The student will be Khrushchev's future wife.
2. In 1953, where is Khrushchev in the Kremlin hierarchy?
(a) Middle management.
(b) 2nd or 3rd.
3. Who is assassinated in Leningrad in 1934?
4. When is Khrushchev named lieutenant general?
5. When is Lyonia commissioned to the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
2. When does Lyonia die?
3. What is the goal of the academy discussed in Chapter 5?
4. How many hours per day does Khrushchev work as an apprentice?
5. What does starvation around the country lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
2. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
3. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
4. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
5. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
6. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
7. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
8. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
9. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
10. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)