|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many communist officials and sympathizers are killed by the underground?
2. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
3. What is Khrushchev's socioeconomic status growing up?
(b) Upper class.
(c) Middle class.
4. At dinners with Stalin, what must everyone do before Stalin will eat?
(a) Sample the dishes.
(b) Praise him.
(c) Wash their hands.
(d) Say a blessing.
5. Who becomes Khrushchev's assistant while head of the Ukrainian Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Lyonia commissioned to the war?
2. Calling on a secure phone, what does Brezhnev request of Khrushchev?
3. Who is the Great Patriotic War against?
4. When is Trotsky exiled?
5. When does Khrushchev become a full member of the Central Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
2. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
3. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
4. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
5. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
6. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
7. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
8. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
9. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
10. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)