|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 0 years.
(d) 8 years.
2. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
(c) Multiple broken bones.
(d) Yellow Fever.
3. When does Khrushchev become a full member of the Central Committee?
4. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
(a) A loyal supporter.
(b) No longer useful.
(c) A Western spy.
(d) Worthy of a higher office.
5. How many Ukrainians die during WWII?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 4.5 million.
(c) 8.6 million.
(d) 5.3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev walk everywhere he goes?
2. Why does Stalin force his company to drink excessively?
3. At what age does Khrushchev begin an apprenticeship with a fitter?
4. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
5. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
2. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
3. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
4. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
5. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
6. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
7. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
8. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
9. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
10. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)