|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
(a) 1 billion.
(b) 1 million.
(d) 2.5 million.
2. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
3. When does the Ukrainian Politburo authorize a final liquidation of the guerrillas?
4. How many congressional delegates are arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes?
5. What is significant about the chemistry students that Khrushchev begins to work with?
(a) The student is a future Noble Prize winner.
(b) The student is Stalin.
(c) The student is Stalin's wife.
(d) The student will be Khrushchev's future wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1953, where is Khrushchev in the Kremlin hierarchy?
2. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
3. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
4. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
5. What does Khrushchev aim to improve with his career ambitions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
2. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
3. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
4. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
5. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
6. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
7. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
8. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
9. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
10. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)