|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
2. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
(c) A threat.
3. Who takes over as Prime Minister after Khrushchev leaves office?
4. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
5. When does Zhdanov die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
2. Calling on a secure phone, what does Brezhnev request of Khrushchev?
3. What is the population of the town Khrushchev lives in in 1908?
4. What happens to Stalin on March 1, 1953?
5. Where does Khrushchev find work in 1914?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
2. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
3. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
4. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
5. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
6. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
7. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
8. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
9. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
10. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)