|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
(a) His best friends.
(b) Unloyal colleagues.
(d) Potential leaders.
2. How long do students study at the academy, as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
3. What does Khrushchev aim to improve with his career ambitions?
(a) Peasant life.
(b) Worker conditions.
4. At the academy, how many words of a foreign language are students supposed to learn?
5. When does the Ukrainian Politburo authorize a final liquidation of the guerrillas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, concerning peasants, does Khrushchev reject?
2. Who does Khrushchev side with in 1923, putting himself in danger with the party?
3. What political positions does Khrushchev hold?
4. What is Stalin's mental state following his strokes?
5. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
Short Essay Questions
1. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
2. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
3. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
4. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
5. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
6. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
7. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
8. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
9. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
10. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)