|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Khrushchev born?
(a) April 15, 1894.
(b) June 23, 1884.
(c) April 15, 1908.
(d) October 1, 1921.
2. What do Zhdanov and Voznesnsky form after the Old Guard falls?
(a) Leningrad faction.
(b) The New Faction.
(c) The New Party.
(d) The Red Party.
3. What is the economic climate of the Soviet Union in 1964?
(b) Beginning to pick up.
(c) Beginning to decline.
4. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
(a) 1 million.
(c) 1 billion.
(d) 2.5 million.
5. When does Lyonia die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the party test Khrushchev's loyalty in 1930?
2. How many hours per day does Khrushchev work as an apprentice?
3. When are the Leningraders sentenced to death?
4. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
5. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
2. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
3. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
4. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
5. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
6. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
7. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
8. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
9. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
10. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)