Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many communist officials and sympathizers are killed by the underground?
2. When does Zhdanov die?
3. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(a) Red Leader.
(b) Ninth Army Political Department.
(d) Bolshevik Elite.
4. Who takes over as party leader after Khrushchev leaves office?
5. What does Khrushchev become head of in 1944?
(a) White Army.
(b) Soviet government.
(c) Ukrainian government.
(d) Red Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does starvation around the country lead to?
2. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
3. How many Ukrainians die during WWII?
4. In 1912, why is Khrushchev fired from two different jobs?
5. In what years does Stalin suffer strokes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
2. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
3. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
4. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
5. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
6. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
7. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
8. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
9. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
10. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)