|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many communist officials and sympathizers are killed by the underground?
2. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
(c) Stand trial.
3. When does the Ukrainian Politburo authorize a final liquidation of the guerrillas?
4. Where is Khrushchev born?
5. What does the spetsgurppy refer to?
(a) The Politburo.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) Black operation units.
(d) Communist sympathizers
Short Answer Questions
1. How many citizens does the Great Patriotic War take from the Soviet?
2. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
3. What does education offer men during the time discussed in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
5. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
2. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
3. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
4. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
5. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
6. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
7. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
8. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
9. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
10. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)