|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Khrushchev named lieutenant general?
2. What political positions does Khrushchev hold?
(a) Prime Minister and party leader.
(b) President and party leader.
(c) Party leader and Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of State and Prime Minister.
3. What does Khrushchev become head of in 1944?
(a) White Army.
(b) Ukrainian government.
(c) Soviet government.
(d) Red Army.
4. When does Khrushchev become a full member of the Central Committee?
5. How long do students study at the academy, as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does starvation around the country lead to?
2. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
3. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
4. What is life like for Khrushchev and the other men in the barracks?
5. Due to short food supplies, what does Khrushchev propose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
2. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
3. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
4. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
5. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
6. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
7. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
8. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
9. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
10. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)