|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the party test Khrushchev's loyalty in 1930?
(a) Makes him sign a letter to Pravda.
(b) Forces him to manipulate others.
(c) Swears him into the party.
(d) Asks him to act as a spy.
2. What happens to Lenin in 1922 that leaves him an invalid until his death?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
3. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
(d) Stand trial.
4. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
(a) He was of retirement age.
(b) Voted out.
(c) Health reasons.
5. When is Trotsky exiled?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Khrushchev know Stalin no longer trusts him?
2. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
3. How many citizens does the Great Patriotic War take from the Soviet?
4. When is Khrushchev dispatched to the head of the Ukrainian Party?
5. How much of the USSR's wealth does WWII claim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
2. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
3. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
4. What is the purpose of camp literature?
5. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
6. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
7. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
8. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
9. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
10. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)