|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
2. How long do students study at the academy, as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. In 1953, where is Khrushchev in the Kremlin hierarchy?
(b) Middle management.
(d) 2nd or 3rd.
4. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
5. Due to short food supplies, what does Khrushchev propose?
(a) Government control of farms.
(b) Ration cards.
(c) Increase farm production.
(d) More police in the cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lenin in 1922 that leaves him an invalid until his death?
2. How many communist officials and sympathizers are killed by the underground?
3. How much of the USSR's wealth does WWII claim?
4. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
5. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
2. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
3. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
4. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
5. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
6. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
7. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
8. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
9. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
10. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)