|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Signing any treaties.
(b) Idealogical arguments.
(c) Talk of Cuba.
(d) Talk of West Berlin.
2. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(c) The Kremlin.
(d) The Chinese.
3. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
(c) Political power.
(d) International relations.
4. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Suez Canal.
(d) The Czech Republic.
5. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
6. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
7. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased farming revenue.
(b) Increased wages for factory workers.
(c) Capital gains for the government.
(d) Labor strikes.
8. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) East-West Peace treaty.
(b) America First.
(c) Geneva Convention.
(d) U.N Relations Policies.
9. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(b) The UN General Assembly.
(c) United States.
(d) G8 summitt.
10. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) November 27, 1958.
(b) November 10, 1958.
(c) October 1, 1958.
(d) September 14, 1958.
11. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) Culture and ideology.
(b) Foregin policy.
(d) General Affairs.
12. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Sent to prison camps.
(b) They give up.
(c) Sentenced to death.
(d) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
13. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(b) The Big Four plus India.
(d) The Big Four.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) Becasue of protestors.
(b) Because of a poor economy.
(c) The war continues.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
15. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Reverses it.
(b) Makes various addendums.
(c) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(d) Accepts it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
4. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
5. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)