|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) America First.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) Geneva Convention.
2. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Sentenced to death.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) Sent to prison camps.
(d) They give up.
3. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
(a) The draft.
(b) Military aid to Cuba.
(c) Military aid to the Ukraine.
(d) Increasing taxes to support war.
4. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) November 27, 1958.
(b) November 10, 1958.
(c) September 14, 1958.
(d) October 1, 1958.
5. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 2.5 million.
(c) 4.6 million.
6. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(a) The Big Four plus India.
(d) The Big Four.
7. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) The end of civilization.
(b) Playing chess in the dark.
(c) Children fighting.
(d) A rat race.
8. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
9. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(d) East Germany.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Because of a poor economy.
(c) Becasue of protestors.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
11. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
12. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) Failing economy.
(b) Poor intelligence.
(c) False hope for peace.
(d) May Day.
13. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(b) Step down as party leader.
(c) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(d) End the War.
14. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(c) The Writers Guild.
(d) The Press Group.
15. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
(b) Political power.
(d) International relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
2. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
3. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
4. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
5. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)