|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Becasue of protestors.
(c) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(d) Because of a poor economy.
2. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Capital gains for the government.
(b) Increased wages for factory workers.
(c) Increased farming revenue.
(d) Labor strikes.
3. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(b) East Germany.
4. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Step down as party leader.
(b) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(c) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(d) End the War.
6. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(c) The 21st Congress.
(d) His own weaknesses.
7. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
(a) U-2 flights.
(c) West Berlin.
(d) Nuclear energy.
8. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
9. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
10. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Increase their military presence.
(b) Stop trade with Russia.
(c) Create alliances with Poland.
(d) Start a revolution.
11. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) Geneva Convention.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) America First.
12. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
13. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(b) The Kremlin.
(d) The Chinese.
14. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Makes various addendums.
(b) Accepts it.
(c) Reverses it.
(d) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
15. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(b) Community relations.
(d) Foreign Policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
2. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
3. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
4. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
5. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)