|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
2. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Peasant workers.
(b) Political campaign.
(c) International relations.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
3. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
4. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
5. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(a) United States.
6. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(a) The 21st Congress.
(b) His own weaknesses.
7. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(b) The Kennedy team.
(c) Presidential team.
8. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
9. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased wages for factory workers.
(b) Capital gains for the government.
(c) Labor strikes.
(d) Increased farming revenue.
10. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Presidential authorization.
(b) Khrushchev's approval.
(c) A practice run.
(d) Five soldiers.
11. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
12. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Chinese.
(c) The Kremlin.
13. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) The end of civilization.
(b) Playing chess in the dark.
(c) A rat race.
(d) Children fighting.
14. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
15. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
2. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
3. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
4. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
5. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)