|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(c) Comes clean.
(d) Demand the release of the pilot.
2. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
(d) Liberal intellectuals.
3. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
4. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(b) Sentenced to death.
(c) They give up.
(d) Sent to prison camps.
5. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
6. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 4.6 million.
7. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Step down as party leader.
(b) End the War.
(c) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(d) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
8. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
9. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
10. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) Playing chess in the dark.
(b) Children fighting.
(c) A rat race.
(d) The end of civilization.
11. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Five soldiers.
(b) A practice run.
(c) Presidential authorization.
(d) Khrushchev's approval.
12. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased wages for factory workers.
(b) Capital gains for the government.
(c) Increased farming revenue.
(d) Labor strikes.
13. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Signing any treaties.
(b) Talk of West Berlin.
(c) Idealogical arguments.
(d) Talk of Cuba.
14. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
15. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
4. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
5. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)