|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
2. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) Culture and ideology.
(c) Foregin policy.
(d) General Affairs.
3. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) Failing economy.
(c) Poor intelligence.
(d) May Day.
4. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
5. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(c) Presidential team.
(d) The Kennedy team.
6. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(b) The Big Four.
(c) The Big Four plus India.
7. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
8. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
9. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Czechs.
(d) The Poles.
10. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
11. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Czech Republic.
(c) The Suez Canal.
12. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Sentenced to death.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) They give up.
(d) Sent to prison camps.
13. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(a) Chiang Kai-shek.
14. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
15. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
2. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
3. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
5. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)