|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) They give up.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) Sent to prison camps.
(d) Sentenced to death.
2. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 4.6 million.
3. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
4. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(b) The Writers Guild.
(d) The Press Group.
5. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(a) Presidential team.
(c) The Kennedy team.
6. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) Poor intelligence.
(b) False hope for peace.
(c) May Day.
(d) Failing economy.
7. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
8. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
9. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
10. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Comes clean.
(b) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(c) Demand the release of the pilot.
11. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
12. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
13. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
14. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
15. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Presidential authorization.
(b) A practice run.
(c) Five soldiers.
(d) Khrushchev's approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
2. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
3. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
4. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
5. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)