|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(b) Foreign Policy.
(d) Community relations.
2. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) Foregin policy.
(b) Culture and ideology.
(d) General Affairs.
3. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) A rat race.
(b) Children fighting.
(c) Playing chess in the dark.
(d) The end of civilization.
4. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
5. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(d) East Germany.
6. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Suez Canal.
(c) The Czech Republic.
7. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Overturned government.
(b) Fall of Stalin.
(c) Financial decline.
(d) Agricultural crisis.
8. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
9. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
10. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
11. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
(a) Military aid to Cuba.
(b) Military aid to the Ukraine.
(c) The draft.
(d) Increasing taxes to support war.
12. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Capital gains for the government.
(b) Labor strikes.
(c) Increased wages for factory workers.
(d) Increased farming revenue.
13. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(b) East Germany.
14. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(a) The Kennedy team.
(c) Presidential team.
15. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
4. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
5. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)