|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
2. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
4. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Capital gains for the government.
(b) Increased farming revenue.
(c) Labor strikes.
(d) Increased wages for factory workers.
5. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(a) Foreign Policy.
(b) Community relations.
6. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(a) G8 summitt.
(b) United States.
(c) The UN General Assembly.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Becasue of protestors.
(c) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(d) Because of a poor economy.
8. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Accepts it.
(b) Reverses it.
(c) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(d) Makes various addendums.
9. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
10. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(b) Culture and ideology.
(c) General Affairs.
(d) Foregin policy.
11. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Poles.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Czechs.
12. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) Poor intelligence.
(b) May Day.
(c) False hope for peace.
(d) Failing economy.
13. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
14. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) The end of civilization.
(b) A rat race.
(c) Children fighting.
(d) Playing chess in the dark.
15. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
(a) Liberal intellectuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
2. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
3. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
4. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
5. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)