|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
(a) The freeing for the people in Berlin.
(b) The fall of Berlin.
(c) Status of Berlin be normalized.
(d) Take over of Berlin.
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(b) Comes clean.
(c) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(d) Demand the release of the pilot.
3. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(c) United States.
4. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Kremlin.
(b) The Chinese.
5. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Agricultural crisis.
(b) Overturned government.
(c) Fall of Stalin.
(d) Financial decline.
6. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
7. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
8. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
9. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
10. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) America First.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) Geneva Convention.
11. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) Invitation to visit.
(d) The President's approval of his plans.
12. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
13. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) May Day.
(c) Poor intelligence.
(d) Failing economy.
14. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(a) East Germany.
15. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
2. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
3. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
4. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
5. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)