|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) November 10, 1958.
(b) September 14, 1958.
(c) November 27, 1958.
(d) October 1, 1958.
2. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
3. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
4. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(a) East Germany.
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) End the War.
(b) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(c) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(d) Step down as party leader.
6. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(b) United States.
7. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) They give up.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) Sent to prison camps.
(d) Sentenced to death.
8. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Start a revolution.
(b) Increase their military presence.
(c) Create alliances with Poland.
(d) Stop trade with Russia.
9. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
10. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
11. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
12. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(b) General Affairs.
(c) Culture and ideology.
(d) Foregin policy.
13. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Peasant workers.
(b) Astrakhan harvest.
(c) International relations.
(d) Political campaign.
14. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(b) Following his plan.
15. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
2. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
3. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
4. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
5. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)