|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(c) The Press Group.
(d) The Writers Guild.
2. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Czech Republic.
(c) The Suez Canal.
3. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
4. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
5. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) Invitation to visit.
(c) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(d) The President's approval of his plans.
6. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
(a) Increase size.
(b) Unite with Cuba.
(c) Train on nuclear weapons.
(d) Cut in size.
7. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(b) Step down as party leader.
(c) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(d) End the War.
8. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(c) United States.
9. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(b) Following his plan.
10. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
11. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
12. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
13. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(b) Foreign Policy.
(d) Community relations.
14. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Astrakhan harvest.
(d) Political campaign.
15. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 4.6 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
2. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
3. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
4. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
5. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)