|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(b) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(c) Step down as party leader.
(d) End the War.
2. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(b) 4.6 million.
(d) 2.5 million.
5. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) The President's approval of his plans.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(d) Invitation to visit.
6. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(b) The Suez Canal.
(d) The Czech Republic.
7. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
(a) Increase size.
(b) Cut in size.
(c) Train on nuclear weapons.
(d) Unite with Cuba.
8. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
9. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Comes clean.
(b) Demand the release of the pilot.
(d) They never find out the pilot was captured.
10. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(a) East Germany.
11. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) Failing economy.
(c) Poor intelligence.
(d) May Day.
12. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Talk of West Berlin.
(b) Idealogical arguments.
(c) Signing any treaties.
(d) Talk of Cuba.
13. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(c) United States.
14. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
15. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
2. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
3. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
4. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
5. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)