|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(b) Following his plan.
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
4. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
5. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
(b) Liberal intellectuals.
6. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(b) Presidential team.
(c) The Kennedy team.
7. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
8. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Suez Canal.
(c) The Czech Republic.
9. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Five soldiers.
(b) Khrushchev's approval.
(c) Presidential authorization.
(d) A practice run.
10. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
11. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
12. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
13. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
14. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(a) The Writers Guild.
(b) The Press Group.
15. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(a) United States.
(b) G8 summitt.
(c) The UN General Assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
2. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
3. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
4. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
5. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)