|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
2. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Because of a poor economy.
(c) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(d) Becasue of protestors.
4. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
5. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
6. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(b) Chiang Kai-shek.
7. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
8. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Stop trade with Russia.
(b) Start a revolution.
(c) Increase their military presence.
(d) Create alliances with Poland.
9. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
11. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 4 hours.
12. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Makes various addendums.
(b) Accepts it.
(c) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(d) Reverses it.
13. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Czech Republic.
(d) The Suez Canal.
14. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
15. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(a) Following his plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
2. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
3. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
4. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
5. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)