|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
2. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Defeat United States.
(b) Protect Castro.
(c) Defeat Castro.
(d) Protect United States.
3. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Makes various addendums.
(b) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(c) Reverses it.
(d) Accepts it.
4. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Peasant workers.
(b) International relations.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
5. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
6. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(b) United States.
7. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(b) The Press Group.
(d) The Writers Guild.
8. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
(a) Liberal intellectuals.
9. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(b) Following his plan.
10. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
11. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Create alliances with Poland.
(b) Start a revolution.
(c) Stop trade with Russia.
(d) Increase their military presence.
12. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(c) East Germany.
13. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) Geneva Convention.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) America First.
14. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(a) The Big Four.
(b) The Big Four plus India.
15. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) General Affairs.
(c) Culture and ideology.
(d) Foregin policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
2. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
3. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
4. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
5. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)