|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(b) The Kremlin.
(c) The Chinese.
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Talk of Cuba.
(b) Signing any treaties.
(c) Idealogical arguments.
(d) Talk of West Berlin.
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(b) 2.5 million.
(d) 4.6 million.
5. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
6. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
(b) U-2 flights.
(c) Nuclear energy.
(d) West Berlin.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(b) The war continues.
(c) Becasue of protestors.
(d) Because of a poor economy.
8. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
9. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Labor strikes.
(b) Capital gains for the government.
(c) Increased farming revenue.
(d) Increased wages for factory workers.
10. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(b) East Germany.
11. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
(a) Cut in size.
(b) Train on nuclear weapons.
(c) Increase size.
(d) Unite with Cuba.
12. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Peasant workers.
(b) International relations.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
13. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(d) United States.
14. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
15. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
2. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
3. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
4. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
5. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)