|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
(a) Status of Berlin be normalized.
(b) Take over of Berlin.
(c) The fall of Berlin.
(d) The freeing for the people in Berlin.
4. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) Playing chess in the dark.
(b) Children fighting.
(c) The end of civilization.
(d) A rat race.
5. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
(a) Military aid to the Ukraine.
(b) Military aid to Cuba.
(c) Increasing taxes to support war.
(d) The draft.
6. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(b) Comes clean.
(c) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(d) Demand the release of the pilot.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) Becasue of protestors.
(b) The war continues.
(c) Because of a poor economy.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
8. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(b) 4.6 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
9. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) September 14, 1958.
(b) November 10, 1958.
(c) October 1, 1958.
(d) November 27, 1958.
10. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
11. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
12. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(b) Community relations.
(d) Foreign Policy.
13. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
(a) West Berlin.
(b) U-2 flights.
(c) Nuclear energy.
14. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) U.N Relations Policies.
(b) America First.
(c) East-West Peace treaty.
(d) Geneva Convention.
15. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
2. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
3. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
4. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
5. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)