|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) Geneva Convention.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) America First.
2. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(c) The Czech Republic.
(d) The Suez Canal.
3. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(a) The Writers Guild.
(d) The Press Group.
4. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Idealogical arguments.
(b) Talk of Cuba.
(c) Talk of West Berlin.
(d) Signing any treaties.
5. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(a) G8 summitt.
(c) The UN General Assembly.
(d) United States.
6. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Khrushchev's approval.
(b) Presidential authorization.
(c) A practice run.
(d) Five soldiers.
7. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Protect Castro.
(b) Defeat Castro.
(c) Defeat United States.
(d) Protect United States.
8. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
9. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
10. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
11. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(a) East Germany.
12. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
13. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(b) The Kremlin.
(d) The Chinese.
14. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
15. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
2. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
3. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
4. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
5. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)