|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) Poor intelligence.
(c) Failing economy.
(d) May Day.
2. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
3. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Kremlin.
(d) The Chinese.
4. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(a) East Germany.
5. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(c) Becasue of protestors.
(d) Because of a poor economy.
7. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
8. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
9. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(b) The Press Group.
(c) The Writers Guild.
10. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
(b) West Berlin.
(c) Nuclear energy.
(d) U-2 flights.
11. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(a) The 21st Congress.
(d) His own weaknesses.
12. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Stop trade with Russia.
(b) Create alliances with Poland.
(c) Start a revolution.
(d) Increase their military presence.
13. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
15. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(a) The Big Four.
(d) The Big Four plus India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
2. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
3. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
4. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
5. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)