|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) Because they fear Khrushchev.
(b) Becasue of protestors.
(c) Because of a poor economy.
(d) The war continues.
2. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(c) Foreign Policy.
(d) Community relations.
3. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
5. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
6. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Political campaign.
(b) International relations.
(c) Peasant workers.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
7. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Increase their military presence.
(b) Start a revolution.
(c) Stop trade with Russia.
(d) Create alliances with Poland.
8. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Step down as party leader.
(b) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(c) End the War.
(d) Create an alliance with East Germany.
9. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(d) Chiang Kai-shek.
10. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) Failing economy.
(c) Poor intelligence.
(d) May Day.
11. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
12. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(a) The UN General Assembly.
(b) G8 summitt.
(c) United States.
13. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(c) East Germany.
14. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
15. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
5. What does every U-2 mission require?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)