|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
2. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(c) East Germany.
3. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(b) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
(c) Step down as party leader.
(d) End the War.
4. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The Kremlin.
5. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
6. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) May Day.
(b) False hope for peace.
(c) Failing economy.
(d) Poor intelligence.
7. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
(b) Chiang Kai-shek.
8. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Czech Republic.
(d) The Suez Canal.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
10. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(a) The Kennedy team.
(b) Presidential team.
11. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
12. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
13. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(b) The UN General Assembly.
(c) United States.
(d) G8 summitt.
14. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(a) His own weaknesses.
(c) The 21st Congress.
15. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 4.6 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
2. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
3. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
4. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
5. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)