Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
(a) The Kennedy team.
(d) Presidential team.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 2.5 million.
(d) 4.6 million.
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(b) Step down as party leader.
(c) End the War.
(d) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
6. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) America First.
(b) East-West Peace treaty.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) Geneva Convention.
7. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) November 10, 1958.
(b) September 14, 1958.
(c) November 27, 1958.
(d) October 1, 1958.
8. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
9. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) Playing chess in the dark.
(b) Children fighting.
(c) A rat race.
(d) The end of civilization.
10. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Political campaign.
(c) Peasant workers.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
11. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
12. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Idealogical arguments.
(b) Signing any treaties.
(c) Talk of Cuba.
(d) Talk of West Berlin.
13. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(b) The Press Group.
(d) The Writers Guild.
14. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(b) The Kremlin.
(c) The Chinese.
15. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
4. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
5. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)