|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased wages for factory workers.
(b) Capital gains for the government.
(c) Increased farming revenue.
(d) Labor strikes.
2. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
4. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(b) His own weaknesses.
(d) The 21st Congress.
5. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Create alliances with Poland.
(b) Stop trade with Russia.
(c) Increase their military presence.
(d) Start a revolution.
6. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Fall of Stalin.
(b) Financial decline.
(c) Overturned government.
(d) Agricultural crisis.
7. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Kremlin.
8. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(a) Community relations.
(c) Foreign Policy.
9. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) Poor intelligence.
(b) False hope for peace.
(c) May Day.
(d) Failing economy.
10. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
(b) International relations.
(d) Political power.
11. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(d) United States.
12. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Czechs.
(d) The Poles.
13. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
14. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
15. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
(a) The fall of Berlin.
(b) The freeing for the people in Berlin.
(c) Status of Berlin be normalized.
(d) Take over of Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
2. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
3. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
4. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
5. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)