|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
2. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
3. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
4. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) They give up.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) Sentenced to death.
(d) Sent to prison camps.
5. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
6. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(a) United States.
7. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
8. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) The President's approval of his plans.
(c) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(d) Invitation to visit.
9. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
(a) Military aid to the Ukraine.
(b) Military aid to Cuba.
(c) Increasing taxes to support war.
(d) The draft.
10. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
11. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Astrakhan harvest.
(d) Political campaign.
12. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) Culture and ideology.
(b) General Affairs.
(c) Foregin policy.
13. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
14. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
15. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
4. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
5. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)