|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
2. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
3. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Khrushchev's approval.
(b) Five soldiers.
(c) A practice run.
(d) Presidential authorization.
4. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Political campaign.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) International relations.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
5. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
6. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Sentenced to death.
(b) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(c) Sent to prison camps.
(d) They give up.
7. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(a) The Press Group.
(c) The Writers Guild.
8. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
9. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) September 14, 1958.
(b) November 27, 1958.
(c) November 10, 1958.
(d) October 1, 1958.
10. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(a) Culture and ideology.
(b) Foregin policy.
(d) General Affairs.
11. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
12. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
13. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
15. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased wages for factory workers.
(b) Increased farming revenue.
(c) Capital gains for the government.
(d) Labor strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
4. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
5. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)