|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(b) Accepts it.
(c) Reverses it.
(d) Makes various addendums.
2. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
3. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(c) The Press Group.
(d) The Writers Guild.
4. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(b) Step down as party leader.
(c) End the War.
(d) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
5. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Kremlin.
(b) The Chinese.
6. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) A practice run.
(b) Khrushchev's approval.
(c) Five soldiers.
(d) Presidential authorization.
7. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
8. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
9. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(a) United States.
10. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
11. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(a) His own weaknesses.
(c) The 21st Congress.
12. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
13. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
14. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
15. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
Short Answer Questions
1. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
2. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
3. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
4. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
5. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)