|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
2. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) America First.
(b) U.N Relations Policies.
(c) Geneva Convention.
(d) East-West Peace treaty.
3. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Comes clean.
(c) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(d) Demand the release of the pilot.
4. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
5. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(c) United States.
6. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Khrushchev's approval.
(b) Presidential authorization.
(c) A practice run.
(d) Five soldiers.
7. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Start a revolution.
(b) Increase their military presence.
(c) Create alliances with Poland.
(d) Stop trade with Russia.
8. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
(b) East Germany.
9. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
10. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
(a) U-2 flights.
(b) West Berlin.
(d) Nuclear energy.
11. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Agricultural crisis.
(b) Fall of Stalin.
(c) Financial decline.
(d) Overturned government.
12. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(c) The Big Four plus India.
(d) The Big Four.
13. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
(b) Political power.
(d) International relations.
14. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(d) Following his plan.
15. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
(a) November 10, 1958.
(b) September 14, 1958.
(c) October 1, 1958.
(d) November 27, 1958.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
2. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
3. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
4. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
5. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)