|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Zhdanov and Voznesnsky in 1950?
(a) Sentenced to death.
(b) Raise in power.
(c) Rewarded by Stalin.
2. When does Hitler invade Poland?
3. What occurs on March 4, 1953?
(a) The war ends.
(b) Khrushchev falls in power.
(c) Khrushchev is assassinated.
(d) Stalin dies.
4. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
5. At what age does Khrushchev begin an apprenticeship with a fitter?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 20 years.
6. What is the population of the town Khrushchev lives in in 1908?
7. What is the economic climate of the Soviet Union in 1964?
(b) Beginning to decline.
(c) Beginning to pick up.
8. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
(c) Multiple broken bones.
(d) Yellow Fever.
9. What do Khrushchev's children warn him of?
(a) Losing the election.
(b) Unloyal friends.
(d) Staying in Moscow too long.
10. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
11. Why does Khrushchev walk everywhere he goes?
(a) He enjoys the exercise.
(b) He does not trust street cars.
(c) There is no transportation available.
(d) He cannot afford transportation.
12. What does education offer men during the time discussed in Chapter 3?
(b) A change for political office.
(c) A manager position.
(d) A job in a factory.
13. What is significant about the chemistry students that Khrushchev begins to work with?
(a) The student is Stalin.
(b) The student is Stalin's wife.
(c) The student will be Khrushchev's future wife.
(d) The student is a future Noble Prize winner.
14. How many congressional delegates are arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes?
15. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(a) Bolshevik Elite.
(c) Ninth Army Political Department.
(d) Red Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Trotsky exiled?
2. Who does Khrushchev side with in 1923, putting himself in danger with the party?
3. What does Khrushchev aim to improve with his career ambitions?
4. When does the Ukrainian Politburo authorize a final liquidation of the guerrillas?
5. What type of educational program does Khrushchev enroll in?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)