|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over as party leader after Khrushchev leaves office?
2. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
(a) Election into government position.
(b) Summons from Stalin.
(c) The birth of his son.
(d) The end of the war.
3. As Kaganovich's deputy, what is Khrushchev's largest project?
(d) The metro.
4. Who does Khrushchev side with in 1923, putting himself in danger with the party?
5. When does the Civil War end?
6. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(b) Red Leader.
(c) Bolshevik Elite.
(d) Ninth Army Political Department.
7. When does Hitler invade Poland?
8. Who is the Great Patriotic War against?
(b) Great Britain.
9. What is the average number of people per hut in Khrushchev's home town?
10. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
(a) Voted out.
(b) Health reasons.
(d) He was of retirement age.
11. Where does Stalin spend his time after his strokes?
(a) Black Sea.
(c) At home.
12. How many congressional delegates are arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes?
13. As party secretary for the school, what group does Khrushchev join?
(c) Ninth Army Political Department.
(d) Bolshevik elite.
14. How long do students study at the academy, as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
15. What does Khrushchev take full credit for in 1939?
(a) Lowered taxes.
(c) Winning War.
(d) Decreased unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sergei die?
2. When does Zhdanov die?
3. What type of educational program does Khrushchev enroll in?
4. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
5. When does Khrushchev become a full member of the Central Committee?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)