|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 1 billion.
2. When does Khrushchev join the Bolsheviks?
3. Who is assassinated in Leningrad in 1934?
4. In what years does Stalin suffer strokes?
(a) 1947 and 1951.
(b) 1948 and 1948.
(c) 1945 and 1947.
(d) 1943 and 1945.
5. When does Hitler invade Poland?
6. As Kaganovich's deputy, what is Khrushchev's largest project?
(d) The metro.
7. What political positions does Khrushchev hold?
(a) Prime Minister and party leader.
(b) Party leader and Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of State and Prime Minister.
(d) President and party leader.
8. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
9. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
(a) Multiple broken bones.
(d) Yellow Fever.
10. What does Khrushchev aim to improve with his career ambitions?
(b) Worker conditions.
(c) Peasant life.
11. What does education offer men during the time discussed in Chapter 3?
(a) A job in a factory.
(c) A change for political office.
(d) A manager position.
12. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(a) Ninth Army Political Department.
(c) Red Leader.
(d) Bolshevik Elite.
13. What do Khrushchev's children warn him of?
(a) Unloyal friends.
(b) Losing the election.
(c) Staying in Moscow too long.
14. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
15. What relatives of Khrushchev serve together in the army?
(c) Father and brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
2. At dinners with Stalin, what must everyone do before Stalin will eat?
3. What is the population of the town Khrushchev lives in in 1908?
4. When does Zhdanov die?
5. What, concerning peasants, does Khrushchev reject?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)