|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of city does Khrushchev move to in 1908?
2. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
(b) Stand trial.
3. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
4. Stalin becomes nervous and paranoid after the fall of what country?
5. What happens to Stalin on March 1, 1953?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Summons Khrushchev.
(d) Is assassinated.
6. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
7. Due to short food supplies, what does Khrushchev propose?
(a) More police in the cities.
(b) Government control of farms.
(c) Increase farm production.
(d) Ration cards.
8. When does Lyonia die?
9. In 1953, where is Khrushchev in the Kremlin hierarchy?
(a) Middle management.
(b) 2nd or 3rd.
10. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
(a) Effective and strong.
(b) Indecisive but pleasant.
(c) Effective and rude.
(d) Ineffective and rude.
11. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
(a) Health reasons.
(b) Voted out.
(c) He was of retirement age.
12. What is Khrushchev accused of during the verbal assault in 1964?
(a) Communist views.
(b) Contradicting Leninist doctrines.
(c) Voting against Stalin.
(d) Accepting bribes.
13. When is Khrushchev born?
(a) April 15, 1894.
(b) June 23, 1884.
(c) October 1, 1921.
(d) April 15, 1908.
14. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
(a) 1 million.
(c) 1 billion.
(d) 2.5 million.
15. What type of educational program does Khrushchev enroll in?
(a) Adult learners program.
(b) Bolshevik program.
(c) Rabfak Program.
(d) University program.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what years does Stalin suffer strokes?
2. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
3. As party secretary for the school, what group does Khrushchev join?
4. What is Stalin's mental state following his strokes?
5. At what age does Khrushchev begin an apprenticeship with a fitter?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)