|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
(a) Multiple broken bones.
(d) Yellow Fever.
2. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
3. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(a) Red Leader.
(b) Ninth Army Political Department.
(d) Bolshevik Elite.
4. What relatives of Khrushchev serve together in the army?
(d) Father and brother.
5. When does Khrushchev join the Bolsheviks?
6. When is Lyonia commissioned to the war?
7. Where does Stalin spend his time after his strokes?
(a) Black Sea.
(d) At home.
8. When does the Civil War end?
9. What is the goal of the academy discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) Teach liberal arts.
(b) Educate young children.
(c) Develop socialist executives.
(d) Serve as a military school.
10. How many Ukrainians die during WWII?
(a) 5.3 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 4.5 million.
(d) 8.6 million.
11. In 1912, why is Khrushchev fired from two different jobs?
(a) Bad attitude.
(b) His political activities.
(c) Sleeping on the job.
(d) Poor performance.
12. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
(a) Potential leaders.
(c) His best friends.
(d) Unloyal colleagues.
13. When is Trotsky exiled?
14. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
(a) Summons from Stalin.
(b) The birth of his son.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) Election into government position.
15. What is Khrushchev's socioeconomic status growing up?
(c) Middle class.
(d) Upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the economic climate of the Soviet Union in 1964?
2. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
3. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
4. When does Khrushchev know Stalin no longer trusts him?
5. What happens to Lenin in 1922 that leaves him an invalid until his death?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)