|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Khrushchev's family live in luxury?
2. When does Zhdanov die?
3. When does Hitler invade Poland?
4. Who is the Great Patriotic War against?
(d) Great Britain.
5. What is life like for Khrushchev and the other men in the barracks?
(d) Constant fear.
6. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
(a) Voted out.
(c) Health reasons.
(d) He was of retirement age.
7. What does Stalin demand the Russification of?
8. Where does Stalin spend his time after his strokes?
(a) Black Sea.
(d) At home.
9. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
(a) Summons from Stalin.
(b) Election into government position.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) The birth of his son.
10. When does Khrushchev know Stalin no longer trusts him?
(a) Stalin calls him soft-bellied.
(b) Stalin has him arrested.
(c) Stalin no longer speaks to him.
(d) Stalin demotes him.
11. When is Trotsky exiled?
12. By Kremlin standards, how is Khrushchev regarded?
(a) A nice guy.
13. What position does Khrushchev hold at a Red Square funeral?
(c) Ex officio.
14. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
(b) Multiple broken bones.
(d) Yellow Fever.
15. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
(a) A loyal supporter.
(b) Worthy of a higher office.
(c) A Western spy.
(d) No longer useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many missions does Lyonia fly before being shot down?
2. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
3. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
4. When does the Civil War end?
5. Why does Khrushchev walk everywhere he goes?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)