|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the academy discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) Teach liberal arts.
(b) Develop socialist executives.
(c) Serve as a military school.
(d) Educate young children.
2. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
3. What political positions does Khrushchev hold?
(a) Secretary of State and Prime Minister.
(b) President and party leader.
(c) Party leader and Secretary of State.
(d) Prime Minister and party leader.
4. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
(a) A threat.
5. What does starvation around the country lead to?
6. What is the population of the town Khrushchev lives in in 1908?
7. Where does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
8. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
9. How many communist officials and sympathizers are killed by the underground?
10. What type of educational program does Khrushchev enroll in?
(a) University program.
(b) Rabfak Program.
(c) Bolshevik program.
(d) Adult learners program.
11. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
12. How long do students study at the academy, as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
(a) Disease and crime.
(b) Alcoholism and disease.
(c) Drug abuse and crime.
(d) Alcoholism and crime.
14. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
15. How many citizens does the Great Patriotic War take from the Soviet?
(a) 27 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 45 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
2. What happens to Lenin in 1922 that leaves him an invalid until his death?
3. When is Khrushchev born?
4. Who are Khrushchev's parents?
5. In October 1964, who is Khrushchev's chief ally?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)