|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the party test Khrushchev's loyalty in 1930?
(a) Swears him into the party.
(b) Asks him to act as a spy.
(c) Makes him sign a letter to Pravda.
(d) Forces him to manipulate others.
2. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
3. What happens to Zhdanov and Voznesnsky in 1950?
(a) Sentenced to death.
(c) Raise in power.
(d) Rewarded by Stalin.
4. What is Khrushchev's socioeconomic status growing up?
(b) Upper class.
(d) Middle class.
5. When does Sergei die?
6. Where does Khrushchev go in 1908 to join his father?
7. Where is Khrushchev born?
8. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
(a) Ineffective and rude.
(b) Effective and strong.
(c) Effective and rude.
(d) Indecisive but pleasant.
9. How many citizens does the Great Patriotic War take from the Soviet?
(b) 1 million.
(c) 27 million.
(d) 45 million.
10. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
(a) Alcoholism and crime.
(b) Disease and crime.
(c) Drug abuse and crime.
(d) Alcoholism and disease.
11. What occurs on March 4, 1953?
(a) Khrushchev falls in power.
(b) Stalin dies.
(c) Khrushchev is assassinated.
(d) The war ends.
12. What reason does the government give for Khrushchev's leaving office?
(a) Health reasons.
(b) He was of retirement age.
(d) Voted out.
13. In Chapter 9, how do the Politburo colleagues perceive Malenkov?
(c) A threat.
14. As Kaganovich's deputy, what is Khrushchev's largest project?
(c) The metro.
15. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
(a) Potential leaders.
(b) Unloyal colleagues.
(c) His best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stalin determine is a Western Spy in 1952?
2. Due to short food supplies, what does Khrushchev propose?
3. When does Zhdanov die?
4. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
5. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)