Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
2. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
3. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
4. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
6. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
7. Why does Khrushchev demand...
This section contains 747 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)