Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
2. When a huge explosion occurs at the mine in Play Eight, what does James Talbert initially think causes it?
3. Who is Mother Jones in Play Seven?
4. What does J.T. talk Jed Rowen into doing in Play Six?
5. To whom does Joshua give a speech in the prologue of Play Eight?
Several murders occur in The Kentucky Cycle. Discuss Michael Rowen's murder of Sam, Patrick Rowen's murders of Michael Rowen and Joe Talbert, and Jed Rowen's murder of Richard Talbert. What motivates each of these killings and what theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Trace the relationship of the Talbert family with the Rowen family through The Kentucky Cycle, starting with Joe and Rebecca Talbert and ending with James Talbert Winston. Are the two families at peace by the end of the cycle? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in The Kentucky Cycle. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)