Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
3. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
The Kentucky Cycle contains a number of instances of irony. Cite three examples of irony in the plays and discuss what you think the author intends to convey with each example.
The Rowen family's gold pocket watch is a recurring motif throughout The Kentucky Cycle. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think it represents in each example.
Trace Mary Anne Rowen's journey of transformation from downtrodden miner's wife to union activist and mythic figure. Is her role typical or atypical for women of her rural background in her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)