Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
3. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
Essay Topic 1
Pick three of the following marriages and compare and contrast the relationships: Lallie and Jed Rowen, Michael Rowen and Morning Star, Joshua and Margaret Rowen, and Mary Anne Rowen and Tommy Jackson. Do any of these relationships seem happy? What historical events or conflicts do some of these marriages reflect? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Morning Star, Sallie Biggs, and Mary Anne Rowen in The Kentucky Cycle. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
The land motivates members of the Rowen family from Michael Rowen in Play One to Joshua Rowen in Play Nine. Discuss the relationship of the Rowens and their land and how this relationship parallels the history of the coal industry in the state of Kentucky. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)