Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
3. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
Essay Topic 1
The Rowen family's gold pocket watch is a recurring motif throughout The Kentucky Cycle. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think it represents in each example.
Essay Topic 2
Select three plays from The Kentucky Cycle. Discuss how the titles of the plays relate to the plots and characters in each play. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the relationship of the Talbert family with the Rowen family through The Kentucky Cycle, starting with Joe and Rebecca Talbert and ending with James Talbert Winston. Are the two families at peace by the end of the cycle? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)