Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
3. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
Several murders occur in The Kentucky Cycle. Discuss Michael Rowen's murder of Sam, Patrick Rowen's murders of Michael Rowen and Joe Talbert, and Jed Rowen's murder of Richard Talbert. What motivates each of these killings and what theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Discuss the treatment of women in The Kentucky Cycle. Do the men in the plays treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Does the treatment of women change over the course of the cycles? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Revenge is one of the themes in The Kentucky Cycle. Pick any three of the plays in the book and discuss what you think the author is trying to say about revenge in each one. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)