|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven, what does Tommy tell Andrew he wants?
(b) A promotion.
(c) His job back and his family to be safe.
(d) To leave Howsen County.
2. In Scene Two of Play Eight, who does Joshua call "the Mother Jones of Howsen County"?
(a) His mother, Mary Anne.
(b) James Talbert's wife.
(c) Sureta Biggs.
3. Why doesn't Joshua want to pull men out of the Blue Star mine in Play Eight?
(a) It is a wildcat strike which violates the union contract.
(b) He is paid a bribe not to pull them out.
(c) He doesn't think the issue poses an imediate danger.
(d) He doesn't think there is a safety issue.
4. Who arrives drunk at the Union Hall at the end of Play Eight?
(a) Franklin Biggs.
5. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
2. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
4. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
5. Who leaves the union meeting in Play Eight to pull the miners out of the unsafe mine?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)