|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tommy excuse his role in what happens at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He says he doesn't believe in the union.
(b) He says Andrew and the mining company threaten him.
(c) He says it is an accident.
(d) He says he does it to protect his family from the Army.
2. Why don't the Rowens rip up the contract for the mineral rights?
(a) A lawyer advises them not to destroy it.
(b) The contract is fake.
(c) The contract is illegal.
(d) They don't want to believe J.T. tells the truth about lying.
3. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
(c) Cassius Biggs.
4. What does Mary Anne offer to do when J.T. is ready to leave the Rowen home?
(a) Guide J.T. back to the road.
(b) Pack J.T. some leftovers to take with him.
(c) Introduce J.T. to the neighbors.
(d) Loan him a horse.
5. What does Tommy do when he sees what Joshua is reading aloud in Play Seven?
(a) Reads the pamphlet for himself.
(b) Punches Abe in the face.
(c) Asks the boy to read the pamphlet to him.
(d) Rips the pamphlet out of Joshua's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
2. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
3. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
4. In Play Eight, what do the local union presidents want to discuss with Joshua about the contract with the mining company?
5. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)