|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the union presidents meet with Joshua in Play Eight, what does Calvin say he is complaining about for months at the Blue Star mine?
(b) Poor wages.
(c) Not enough miners working each shift.
(d) Dust, which is a safety issue.
2. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) Keeping him warm.
(b) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
(c) A certain herb.
(d) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
3. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
(a) Moonshine whiskey.
(b) A bribe.
(c) The names of the union organizers.
4. What does Mary Anne do at the end of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Gives up on the union.
(b) Leaves Howsen County.
(c) Abandons Tommy and becomes a union organizer.
(d) Becomes a coal miner.
5. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
(a) He doesn't know what's gong on.
(b) It might cost him his life.
(c) He is working under cover for the FBI.
(d) Only people who need to know can know.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
2. Why doesn't Joshua want to pull men out of the Blue Star mine in Play Eight?
3. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
5. In Play Eight, who is Margaret Rowen?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)