|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a huge explosion occurs at the mine in Play Eight, what does James Talbert initially think causes it?
(a) The safety problems at the mine.
(b) A bomb.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A mining accident.
2. During dinner in Play Six, what does Sallie make Jed add to his whiskey?
(c) Bicarbonate of soda.
(d) Ice water.
3. In Scene Two of Play Eight, who does Joshua call "the Mother Jones of Howsen County"?
(a) Sureta Biggs.
(b) His mother, Mary Anne.
(d) James Talbert's wife.
4. How old do you have to be to work in the mines?
5. In Play Eight, what do the local union presidents want to discuss with Joshua about the contract with the mining company?
(a) The pensions.
(b) The work hours.
(c) The wages.
(d) The layoffs and safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
2. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
3. What does Mary Anne offer the doctor in lieu of cash?
4. To Joshua's shock in Play Eight, whose name is on the list of men who are in the mind when the explosion occurs?
5. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)