|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
2. Why don't the Rowens rip up the contract for the mineral rights?
(a) The contract is illegal.
(b) They don't want to believe J.T. tells the truth about lying.
(c) The contract is fake.
(d) A lawyer advises them not to destroy it.
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
(a) His father's position as a miner.
(b) The fake birth certificate the preacher makes for him.
(c) His great height and strength.
(d) His age.
4. Who beats another miner in an informal boxing match in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
5. Which of the following is not a point that Joshua raises with James Talbert when discussing the union contract with the mining company in Play Eight?
(a) The number of layoffs, the majority of which are blacks.
(b) The union backing off of safety concerns.
(c) The wages paid to miners.
(d) The opening of a hospital for miners that accepts blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
2. Who arrives drunk at the Union Hall at the end of Play Eight?
3. What is Abe mending in Scene Five of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
4. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
5. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)