|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
(b) A certain herb.
(c) Keeping him warm.
(d) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
2. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Abe at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He falls and breaks his arm.
(b) The mining company thugs shoot him.
(c) He meets a woman.
(d) He gets bit by a snake.
3. Who beats another miner in an informal boxing match in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
4. At the beginning of Play Eight, from what branch of the military is Scotty discharged?
(a) The Coast Guard.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Navy.
5. What does Mary Anne offer to do when J.T. is ready to leave the Rowen home?
(a) Guide J.T. back to the road.
(b) Introduce J.T. to the neighbors.
(c) Loan him a horse.
(d) Pack J.T. some leftovers to take with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
2. How many children does Mary Anne have in Play Seven?
3. Who arrives drunk at the Union Hall at the end of Play Eight?
4. In Play Eight, what issue does Scotty tell Joshua the miners are upset about in the new contract with the mining company?
5. What proof does Joshua offer in Play Seven that Tommy is the one who has betrayed the miners?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)