|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
(a) A party.
(b) The Rowen family's gold pocket watch.
(c) A new car.
(d) A check for five hundred dollars.
2. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy in Play Seven?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are married.
3. What does Mary Anne do when J.T. is attacked in Play Six?
(a) Helps his attacker.
(b) Helps him fend off his attacker.
(c) Runs for help.
(d) Runs away and hides.
4. What does Sallie Rowen serve for dinner in Play Six?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Ham and red-eyed gravy.
(d) Pinto beans and turnip greens.
5. What is Abe's real reason for coming to Howsen County?
(a) He is a union organizer.
(b) He wants to buy land.
(c) He wants to preach.
(d) He wants to find a bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Anne offer the doctor in lieu of cash?
2. What does Tommy do when he sees what Joshua is reading aloud in Play Seven?
3. What happens to most of Mary Anne's children?
4. Who promises Scotty to personally take care of the safety concerns at the mines in Play Eight?
5. How does Abe respond when Mary Anne and Tommy argue in Play Seven?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)