|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene Two of Play Eight, who does Joshua call "the Mother Jones of Howsen County"?
(b) His mother, Mary Anne.
(c) Sureta Biggs.
(d) James Talbert's wife.
2. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
(a) Payment of the doctor's fee for Joshua.
(b) A horse.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) Medicine for Joshua.
3. What does Tommy want from the preacher in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) A baptismal service for Abe.
(b) A birth certificate to allow Joshua to work in the mines.
(c) A prayer for his eternal salvation.
(d) Prayers for Joshua's recovery from the fever.
4. Who is Mother Jones in Play Seven?
(a) A character in a fictional story.
(b) A woman in Howsen County who has lots of children.
(c) A West Virginia union organizer Abe talks about.
(d) A nurse.
5. In what year does Play Eight, Which Side Are You On, occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
3. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy in Play Seven?
4. When the union presidents meet with Joshua in Play Eight, what does Calvin say he is complaining about for months at the Blue Star mine?
5. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)