|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it's clear in Play Eight that miners are pulled out of the Blue Star mine, what does Joshua urge James Talbert to do?
(a) Expand the mine.
(b) Fire the old miners and hire new ones.
(c) Permanently close the mine.
(d) Shut the mine down temporarily and clean it out.
2. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
(a) He gets shot by mining company thugs.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He gets bit by a snake.
(d) He escapes.
3. When Mary Anne argues with Tommy over what he wants the preacher to do in Play Seven, how does Tommy respond?
(a) He agrees with Mary Anne.
(b) He hits Mary Anne hard enough to knock her down.
(c) He leaves Mary Anne.
(d) He threatens Mary Anne with his rifle.
4. After the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven, what does Tommy tell Andrew he wants?
(a) His job back and his family to be safe.
(c) To leave Howsen County.
(d) A promotion.
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason J.T. wants Mary Anne to ask her father to rip up the contract for the mineral rights to the Rowen farm at the end of Play Six?
(a) The mining company destroys the land.
(b) Everything he says about the mineral rights is a lie.
(c) The rights are worth a lot more than J.T. pays for them.
(d) He is afraid of Tommy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene Two of Play Eight, who does Joshua call "the Mother Jones of Howsen County"?
2. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
3. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
4. Why does Margaret Rowen mention drinking so much?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)