|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Eight, who is Margaret Rowen?
(a) A mining company executive.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A miner.
(d) Joshua's wife and Scotty's mother.
2. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
(a) His great height and strength.
(b) The fake birth certificate the preacher makes for him.
(c) His father's position as a miner.
(d) His age.
4. When it's clear in Play Eight that miners are pulled out of the Blue Star mine, what does Joshua urge James Talbert to do?
(a) Shut the mine down temporarily and clean it out.
(b) Expand the mine.
(c) Fire the old miners and hire new ones.
(d) Permanently close the mine.
5. What is the cause of the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
(a) The miners hit a gas pocket in the mine.
(b) A miner started a fire in the mine.
(c) Union organizers sabotage the mine with a bomb.
(d) The company doesn't cut support beams strong enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
2. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
3. At the end of Play Eight, what does James Talbert want to tell the press about the explosion?
4. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Abe at the Treaty Oak?
5. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)