|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
(b) James Talbert.
2. How old do you have to be to work in the mines?
3. At the end of Play Eight, what does Joshua want to tell the press about the explosion?
(a) That it is a bomb.
(b) That it is an earthquake.
(c) The truth, that the company ignores safety concerns.
(d) That it is an accident.
4. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
5. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
(a) Get some guns and fight the mining company.
(b) Leave Mary Anne.
(c) Work more hours in the mine.
(d) Leave Howsen County.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Joshua's shock in Play Eight, whose name is on the list of men who are in the mind when the explosion occurs?
2. Why does Joshua think the water tastes funny in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
3. How does Abe respond when Mary Anne and Tommy argue in Play Seven?
4. At the beginning of Play Eight, from what branch of the military is Scotty discharged?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)