|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy want from the preacher in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Prayers for Joshua's recovery from the fever.
(b) A prayer for his eternal salvation.
(c) A baptismal service for Abe.
(d) A birth certificate to allow Joshua to work in the mines.
2. What does Mary Anne offer the doctor in lieu of cash?
(a) The Rowen family's gold pocket watch.
(b) Rowen land.
(c) Chickens and eggs.
(d) Her homemade preserves.
3. What does Mary Anne do when J.T. is attacked in Play Six?
(a) Runs for help.
(b) Helps his attacker.
(c) Runs away and hides.
(d) Helps him fend off his attacker.
4. What happens when J.T. tells a story about two feuding families and a man named Jack killing his rival, Thomas?
(a) The Rowens hate the story.
(b) Jed Rowen falls ill.
(c) The Rowens recognize it as Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Tommy attacks J.T..
5. Who promises Scotty to personally take care of the safety concerns at the mines in Play Eight?
(a) Franklin Biggs.
(d) James Talbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Joshua want to pull men out of the Blue Star mine in Play Eight?
2. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
3. Who is Mother Jones in Play Seven?
4. Who beats another miner in an informal boxing match in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
5. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)