|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other miners tease Tommy and Joshua about when Joshua arrives at the mine in Play Seven?
(a) Their clumsiness at mining.
(b) Joshua's blonde hair.
(c) Their stuttering.
(d) Joshua's shortness.
2. What proof does Joshua offer in Play Seven that Tommy is the one who has betrayed the miners?
(a) The Rowen gold pocket watch in Tommy's pocket.
(b) The blood on Tommy's hands.
(c) The gun in Tommy's arms.
(d) Testimony of other miners.
3. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
(b) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
(c) Keeping him warm.
(d) A certain herb.
4. Who beats another miner in an informal boxing match in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
5. After the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven, what does Tommy tell Andrew he wants?
(b) His job back and his family to be safe.
(c) To leave Howsen County.
(d) A promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joshua think the water tastes funny in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
2. What brings Abe Steinman to Mary Anne's door?
3. In Play Eight, who is Margaret Rowen?
4. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
5. At the beginning of Play Eight, from what branch of the military is Scotty discharged?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)