|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
(b) Mary Anne.
(d) The doctor.
2. Why does Mary Anne give Abe the Rowen family watch in Play Seven?
(a) He is her long lost brother.
(b) To purchase more medicine for Joshua.
(c) To buy guns to fight the mining company.
(d) As a token of her esteem.
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
(a) His great height and strength.
(b) His father's position as a miner.
(c) The fake birth certificate the preacher makes for him.
(d) His age.
4. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
(b) A certain herb.
(c) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
(d) Keeping him warm.
5. How much does the preacher want for his services?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
2. When Mary Anne argues with Tommy over what he wants the preacher to do in Play Seven, how does Tommy respond?
3. In what year does Play Eight, Which Side Are You On, occur?
4. In Play Eight, what do the local union presidents want to discuss with Joshua about the contract with the mining company?
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)