|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner in Play Six, what does Sallie make Jed add to his whiskey?
(a) Ice water.
(b) Bicarbonate of soda.
2. What happens in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, when Tommy sets a fuse while working with Cassius Biggs and Mackie?
(a) Tommy gets injured in the resulting fire.
(b) Tommy sabotages the mine.
(c) The mine collapses, trapping Mackie.
(d) Tommy dies in a mine explosion.
3. How does Abe respond when Mary Anne and Tommy argue in Play Seven?
(a) He agrees with Tommy.
(b) He hits Tommy for hitting Mary Anne.
(c) He tells Mary Anne to be patient and not give up hope.
(d) He offers to run away with Mary Anne.
4. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
(a) Only people who need to know can know.
(b) It might cost him his life.
(c) He is working under cover for the FBI.
(d) He doesn't know what's gong on.
5. After the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven, what does Tommy tell Andrew he wants?
(b) A promotion.
(c) To leave Howsen County.
(d) His job back and his family to be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other miners tease Tommy and Joshua about when Joshua arrives at the mine in Play Seven?
2. What does Cassius Biggs do to make money in Play Seven?
3. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
4. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
5. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)