|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) Keeping him warm.
(b) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
(c) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
(d) A certain herb.
2. Who responds when Cassius whistles at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(c) Thugs who work for the mine.
(d) The gun sellers he is expecting.
3. Why does Margaret Rowen mention drinking so much?
(a) It is the holiday season and she is having a party.
(b) She owns the local bar.
(c) She likes to drink socially.
(d) She is an alcoholic.
4. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
(a) Andrew is leaving Howsen County.
(b) The mining company intends to fire Tommy.
(c) Andrew calls in the Army.
(d) Someone else already has the promotion.
5. What does Mary Anne do at the end of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Abandons Tommy and becomes a union organizer.
(b) Gives up on the union.
(c) Leaves Howsen County.
(d) Becomes a coal miner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
2. What happens to most of Mary Anne's children?
3. In Play Seven, what advice does Tommy give Joshua about his coat on Joshua's first day at the mines?
4. Who attacks J.T. in Play Six upon seeing him kiss Mary Anne?
5. At the beginning of Play Eight, from what branch of the military is Scotty discharged?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)