|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds when Cassius whistles at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(b) The gun sellers he is expecting.
(d) Thugs who work for the mine.
2. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
(a) A party.
(b) A new car.
(c) The Rowen family's gold pocket watch.
(d) A check for five hundred dollars.
3. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
(a) The names of the union organizers.
(b) Moonshine whiskey.
(d) A bribe.
4. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
(a) J.T. and Tommy.
(c) Richard Talbert.
5. When a huge explosion occurs at the mine in Play Eight, what does James Talbert initially think causes it?
(a) A mining accident.
(b) The safety problems at the mine.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tommy relates some of the family history to Joshua in Play Seven, what does he say is the only thing he ever wants?
2. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
3. Who is Mother Jones in Play Seven?
4. What happens when J.T. tells a story about two feuding families and a man named Jack killing his rival, Thomas?
5. What does Sallie Rowen serve for dinner in Play Six?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)