|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the union presidents meet with Joshua in Play Eight, what does Calvin say he is complaining about for months at the Blue Star mine?
(a) Poor wages.
(c) Dust, which is a safety issue.
(d) Not enough miners working each shift.
2. How much does the preacher want for his services?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
(a) His age.
(b) His great height and strength.
(c) The fake birth certificate the preacher makes for him.
(d) His father's position as a miner.
4. To whom does Joshua give a speech in the prologue of Play Eight?
(a) Howsen County voters.
(b) Franklin Biggs and James Talbert.
(c) His family.
(d) Out of work miners.
5. Why does Mary Anne give Abe the Rowen family watch in Play Seven?
(a) As a token of her esteem.
(b) To buy guns to fight the mining company.
(c) To purchase more medicine for Joshua.
(d) He is her long lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
2. Why does Margaret Rowen mention drinking so much?
3. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
4. When Tommy relates some of the family history to Joshua in Play Seven, what does he say is the only thing he ever wants?
5. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)