|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the union meeting in Play Eight to pull the miners out of the unsafe mine?
(c) James Talbert.
(d) Franklin Biggs.
2. How does Tommy excuse his role in what happens at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He says it is an accident.
(b) He says he doesn't believe in the union.
(c) He says Andrew and the mining company threaten him.
(d) He says he does it to protect his family from the Army.
3. What does Mary Anne do at the end of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Leaves Howsen County.
(b) Abandons Tommy and becomes a union organizer.
(c) Becomes a coal miner.
(d) Gives up on the union.
4. Why don't the Rowens rip up the contract for the mineral rights?
(a) They don't want to believe J.T. tells the truth about lying.
(b) The contract is fake.
(c) A lawyer advises them not to destroy it.
(d) The contract is illegal.
5. To Joshua's shock in Play Eight, whose name is on the list of men who are in the mind when the explosion occurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the union presidents meet with Joshua in Play Eight, what does Calvin say he is complaining about for months at the Blue Star mine?
2. When a huge explosion occurs at the mine in Play Eight, what does James Talbert initially think causes it?
3. How many stories does J.T. tell over dinner in Play Six?
4. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Abe at the Treaty Oak?
5. Who arrives drunk at the Union Hall at the end of Play Eight?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)