|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason J.T. wants Mary Anne to ask her father to rip up the contract for the mineral rights to the Rowen farm at the end of Play Six?
(a) The rights are worth a lot more than J.T. pays for them.
(b) He is afraid of Tommy.
(c) Everything he says about the mineral rights is a lie.
(d) The mining company destroys the land.
3. At the beginning of Play Eight, from what branch of the military is Scotty discharged?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Coast Guard.
4. Who leaves the union meeting in Play Eight to pull the miners out of the unsafe mine?
(a) James Talbert.
(c) Franklin Biggs.
5. Why does Mary Anne give Abe the Rowen family watch in Play Seven?
(a) To buy guns to fight the mining company.
(b) He is her long lost brother.
(c) To purchase more medicine for Joshua.
(d) As a token of her esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
2. What does Mary Anne offer to do when J.T. is ready to leave the Rowen home?
3. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
4. Why does Joshua think the water tastes funny in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
5. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)