|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene Two of Play Eight, who does Joshua call "the Mother Jones of Howsen County"?
(a) Sureta Biggs.
(c) His mother, Mary Anne.
(d) James Talbert's wife.
2. What does Sallie Rowen serve for dinner in Play Six?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Pinto beans and turnip greens.
(d) Ham and red-eyed gravy.
3. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
(a) She's his secretary and he's having an affair with her.
(b) She's a neighbor.
(c) She's a miner's wife.
(d) She's his cousin.
4. After the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven, what does Tommy tell Andrew he wants?
(a) A promotion.
(b) His job back and his family to be safe.
(d) To leave Howsen County.
5. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Abe at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He falls and breaks his arm.
(b) He gets bit by a snake.
(c) He meets a woman.
(d) The mining company thugs shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
2. At the end of Play Eight, what does James Talbert want to tell the press about the explosion?
3. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
4. Who promises Scotty to personally take care of the safety concerns at the mines in Play Eight?
5. How much money does Tommy have to pay the fee for which the preacher asks?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)