|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
2. When the union presidents meet with Joshua in Play Eight, what does Calvin say he is complaining about for months at the Blue Star mine?
(a) Dust, which is a safety issue.
(b) Poor wages.
(c) Not enough miners working each shift.
3. What is Abe mending in Scene Five of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His pants.
(d) Joshua's quilt.
4. What does Abe ask Joshua to read aloud in Play Seven?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A schoolbook.
(c) One of Mother Jones' pamphlets.
(d) A magazine.
5. How much does the preacher want for his services?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joshua give a speech in the prologue of Play Eight?
2. In what year does Play Eight, Which Side Are You On, occur?
3. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy in Play Seven?
4. What does Mary Anne do when J.T. is attacked in Play Six?
5. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)