|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
(a) She's his secretary and he's having an affair with her.
(b) She's a miner's wife.
(c) She's a neighbor.
(d) She's his cousin.
2. How does Tommy excuse his role in what happens at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He says he does it to protect his family from the Army.
(b) He says he doesn't believe in the union.
(c) He says it is an accident.
(d) He says Andrew and the mining company threaten him.
3. How much does the preacher want for his services?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
4. Which of the following statements is not a reason J.T. wants Mary Anne to ask her father to rip up the contract for the mineral rights to the Rowen farm at the end of Play Six?
(a) He is afraid of Tommy.
(b) Everything he says about the mineral rights is a lie.
(c) The rights are worth a lot more than J.T. pays for them.
(d) The mining company destroys the land.
5. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy in Play Seven?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
2. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
3. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
4. Why doesn't Joshua want to pull men out of the Blue Star mine in Play Eight?
5. During dinner in Play Six, what does Sallie make Jed add to his whiskey?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)