|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the preacher want for his services?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
2. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
3. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
(a) It might cost him his life.
(b) Only people who need to know can know.
(c) He is working under cover for the FBI.
(d) He doesn't know what's gong on.
4. What does Tommy do when he sees what Joshua is reading aloud in Play Seven?
(a) Punches Abe in the face.
(b) Rips the pamphlet out of Joshua's hand.
(c) Reads the pamphlet for himself.
(d) Asks the boy to read the pamphlet to him.
5. At the end of Play Eight, what does Joshua want to tell the press about the explosion?
(a) That it is an earthquake.
(b) The truth, that the company ignores safety concerns.
(c) That it is a bomb.
(d) That it is an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
2. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
3. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
4. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
5. How does Abe respond when Mary Anne and Tommy argue in Play Seven?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)