|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cities does J.T. claim to visit in Play Six?
(a) San Francisco and Paris, France.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and New York City.
(c) Chicago and St. Louis.
(d) London and Madrid.
2. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
3. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
(a) Her wrist is tied to Michael Rowen's with a rawhide thong.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is locked in a cell.
(d) She has no horse.
4. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) The black female slave.
(b) His wife, Star.
(c) A neighbor woman.
(d) His doctor.
5. In Play Four, what does Jeremiah call Zeke?
(a) Master Rowen.
(b) Little gentleman.
(c) Good sir.
(d) Mr. Preacher Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Play Five, how does Randall's father, Richard, punish the boy for running away?
2. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
3. In Play Five, which Talberts does Ezekiel tell Jed they kill?
4. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
5. What happens to the Indian woman in Scene One of The Courtship of Morning Star?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy attack J.T. in Scene Three of Play Six and what is Mary Anne's response when he does?
2. What is the significance of a wolf howl occurring both at the beginning of The Kentucky Cycle in Play One and at the end of the Kentucky Cycle in Play Nine?
3. Discuss how J.T. fascinates Mary Anne Rowen in Play Six, Tall Tales.
4. Explain how Jeremiah's name foreshadows the fate of the Rowen family in Play Four, Ties That Bind.
5. From where does Joshua get the Rowen gold watch in Play Nine, what does he do with it and what do his actions symbolize?
6. Why does Lana want to break off her affair with Joshua?
7. What does Cassius Biggs experience in France during World War One and how does it compare with what he experiences in the United States upon his return?
8. What kind of soldier is Richard Talbert once he gets to the battle field in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
9. What happens when Jed tells Mary Anne the truth about the contract he persuaded her father to sign in Scene Three of Play Six?
10. Which Talberts does Jed let live when his family attacks the Talbert homestead in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)