|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
(a) Patrick and Jessie.
(b) Jessie and Zach.
(c) Zeke and Zach.
(d) Jessie and Zeke.
2. Why is Rebecca Talbert unhappy with Patrick Rowen at the beginning of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) He doesn't tell his father he wants to marry Rebecca.
(b) He beats up her brother in a fight.
(c) She catches him kissing another woman.
(d) He refuses to marry her.
3. Who does Michael Rowen bring back from Louisville with him in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) His Irish mother.
(d) A black female slave.
4. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Knox Sanale.
(b) O si yo.
(c) Didi luga.
(d) Gado adi.
5. What does Jed do when Talbert asks for his help in getting off the battle field in Play Five?
(a) Helps Talbert get back to Kentucky.
(b) Tends Talbert like a slave would.
(c) Picks up Talbert's pistol and aims it at Talbert.
(d) Abandons Talbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Play Six, Tall Tales, take place?
2. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
3. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
4. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, how does Michael Rowen say he injures his ankle?
5. What is Zeke's relationship to Zach in Play Four, Ties that Bind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence in Play Eight indicates that Margaret Rowen is an alcoholic?
2. Explain the significance of the fact that Earl Tod speaks Cherokee in Play One, Masters of the Trade, when he first hears someone approaching him from the woods.
3. Discuss Richard Talbert's attempt in Play Five, God's Great Supper, to persuade Jed Rowen to resolve their family differences.
4. What solution does Abe suggest in Scene Three of Play Seven for reducing Joshua's fever and what does he suggest Mary Anne do to prevent further such fevers?
5. Describe Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five, God's Great Supper.
6. What deal does Tommy make with Andrew in Scene Eight of Play Seven and why does he make it?
7. Is there any evidence in the text to suggest that the miners and Andrew know that Joshua Rowen is underage when he starts working at the mine in Scene Eight of Play Seven?
8. Why doesn't Joshua want the miners to walk out of the unsafe Blue Star Mine in Play Eight?
9. What is the significance of the pock marks on Morning Star's skin in Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star?
10. What is the significance of Morning Star's failure to tell her son about her visits to Joe Talbert?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)