Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose raiders does Jed join after he leaves Talbert's army in Play Five?
(a) A group of black raiders.
(b) A Union officer's raiders.
(c) A group of Kentucky raiders.
(d) Quantrill's raiders.
2. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. What secret does Jeremiah reveal at the end of Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) He is building a new bank to replace the failed one.
(b) He is Patrick's half brother.
(c) He is a Rowen.
(d) He is Joe Talbert's son getting revenge for his pa's murder.
4. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
(a) Sallie Rowen.
(b) Mary Anne Rowen.
(c) Jed Rowen.
5. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Gado adi.
(b) Didi luga.
(c) Knox Sanale.
(d) O si yo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe an aspect of Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five?
2. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
3. Why is Rebecca Talbert unhappy with Patrick Rowen at the beginning of Play Three, The Homecoming?
4. Why does Patrick Rowen have three loans from a local bank in Play Four?
5. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character flaw do Patrick Rowen and his father Michael share and what dark act does it lead each of them to commit?
2. What does J.T. talk Jed Rowen into selling in Scene Two of Play Six and does Jed fully understand what he is selling?
3. How is Ezekiel Rowen's nickname of Preacher ironic?
4. From where does Joshua get the Rowen gold watch in Play Nine, what does he do with it and what do his actions symbolize?
5. What evidence in Play Eight indicates that Margaret Rowen is an alcoholic?
6. What does Patrick Rowen tell Rebecca in Play Three, The Homecoming, that his father does to his baby sister?
7. Explain how Scene Three of Play Eight reflects the civil rights movement occurring in America during the mid-1950s when the play is set.
8. Describe Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five, God's Great Supper.
9. In Play Four, Ties That Bind, why does Patrick Rowen seem to favor his younger son, Zach, over his older son, Zeke?
10. What solution does Abe suggest in Scene Three of Play Seven for reducing Joshua's fever and what does he suggest Mary Anne do to prevent further such fevers?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)