|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
2. What is Zeke's relationship to Zach in Play Four, Ties that Bind?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are friends.
3. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen want now that he is prosperous?
(a) A big house.
(b) A fancy wardrobe.
(c) A stable of thoroughbred horses.
(d) A wife and family.
4. What cities does J.T. claim to visit in Play Six?
(a) San Francisco and Paris, France.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and New York City.
(c) London and Madrid.
(d) Chicago and St. Louis.
5. In what year does Play Four, Ties That Bind, take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
2. What happens to the Indian woman in Scene One of The Courtship of Morning Star?
3. In what year does Play Five, God's Great Supper, take place?
4. At the beginning of Scene One of Play Six, what does J.T. do while Mary Anne Rowen is at the stream?
5. In Play Five, how does Randall's father, Richard, punish the boy for running away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there any evidence in the text to suggest that the miners and Andrew know that Joshua Rowen is underage when he starts working at the mine in Scene Eight of Play Seven?
2. Who is Mother Jones in Play Seven?
3. Why doesn't Tommy Jackson trust J.T. in Scene One of Play Six, Tall Tales?
4. What is the significance of Morning Star's failure to tell her son about her visits to Joe Talbert?
5. How does Jed's dream change at the end of Play Five, God's Great Supper, from what it is at the beginning of the play?
6. In what ways does Jed's experience fighting with Quantrill parallel his experience fighting with his father against the Talberts?
7. What is Jeremiah's motivation for wanting control of Patrick Rowen's land?
8. What is Scotty's tragic flaw?
9. Who is the old man Jeremiah summons from the woods at the end of Play Four, Ties That Bind, and what does he want?
10. Explain how Scene Three of Play Eight reflects the civil rights movement occurring in America during the mid-1950s when the play is set.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)