|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who identifies what's wrong with Joshua?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) The doctor.
2. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Mary Anne.
3. In Play Eight, when Stucky arrives at the Union Hall with a man wounded in the explosion, what word does the wounded miner scrawl on a piece of paper to explain the reason for the explosion?
4. What does Tommy offer Andrew in Play Seven to obtain what he wants?
(b) Moonshine whiskey.
(c) A bribe.
(d) The names of the union organizers.
5. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
(a) Payment of the doctor's fee for Joshua.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A horse.
(d) Medicine for Joshua.
6. What is Abe mending in Scene Five of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) His pants.
(b) Joshua's quilt.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His jacket.
7. How much money does Tommy have to pay the fee for which the preacher asks?
(a) Fifty cents.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One dollar.
8. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
(a) He is working under cover for the FBI.
(b) It might cost him his life.
(c) Only people who need to know can know.
(d) He doesn't know what's gong on.
9. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
(a) Leave Howsen County.
(b) Get some guns and fight the mining company.
(c) Leave Mary Anne.
(d) Work more hours in the mine.
10. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In France.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Canada.
11. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
(a) He gets bit by a snake.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He gets shot by mining company thugs.
(d) He escapes.
12. In Play Eight, who is Margaret Rowen?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A mining company executive.
(c) Joshua's wife and Scotty's mother.
(d) A miner.
13. During dinner in Play Six, what does Sallie make Jed add to his whiskey?
(a) Ice water.
(b) Bicarbonate of soda.
14. Which of the following statements is not a reason J.T. wants Mary Anne to ask her father to rip up the contract for the mineral rights to the Rowen farm at the end of Play Six?
(a) The mining company destroys the land.
(b) Everything he says about the mineral rights is a lie.
(c) The rights are worth a lot more than J.T. pays for them.
(d) He is afraid of Tommy.
15. What does Tommy want from the preacher in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Prayers for Joshua's recovery from the fever.
(b) A prayer for his eternal salvation.
(c) A birth certificate to allow Joshua to work in the mines.
(d) A baptismal service for Abe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises Scotty to personally take care of the safety concerns at the mines in Play Eight?
2. How many stories does J.T. tell over dinner in Play Six?
3. In Play Seven, what document allows Joshua to work in the mines?
4. When it's clear in Play Eight that miners are pulled out of the Blue Star mine, what does Joshua urge James Talbert to do?
5. Who responds when Cassius whistles at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)