|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy do when he sees what Joshua is reading aloud in Play Seven?
(a) Rips the pamphlet out of Joshua's hand.
(b) Reads the pamphlet for himself.
(c) Punches Abe in the face.
(d) Asks the boy to read the pamphlet to him.
2. When it's clear in Play Eight that miners are pulled out of the Blue Star mine, what does Joshua urge James Talbert to do?
(a) Permanently close the mine.
(b) Expand the mine.
(c) Shut the mine down temporarily and clean it out.
(d) Fire the old miners and hire new ones.
3. At the end of Play Eight, what does Joshua want to tell the press about the explosion?
(a) That it is a bomb.
(b) That it is an accident.
(c) The truth, that the company ignores safety concerns.
(d) That it is an earthquake.
4. What is Abe mending in Scene Five of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His pants.
(d) Joshua's quilt.
5. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
(a) Medicine for Joshua.
(b) Payment of the doctor's fee for Joshua.
(c) A horse.
(d) A diamond necklace.
6. What does J.T. talk Jed Rowen into doing in Play Six?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Selling the mineral rights to the Rowen land.
(c) Buying more land.
(d) Going into business with him.
7. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
(d) James Talbert.
8. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
(a) He doesn't know what's gong on.
(b) Only people who need to know can know.
(c) It might cost him his life.
(d) He is working under cover for the FBI.
9. To Joshua's shock in Play Eight, whose name is on the list of men who are in the mind when the explosion occurs?
10. What does Mary Anne do when J.T. is attacked in Play Six?
(a) Helps him fend off his attacker.
(b) Helps his attacker.
(c) Runs away and hides.
(d) Runs for help.
11. Why does Margaret Rowen mention drinking so much?
(a) She owns the local bar.
(b) It is the holiday season and she is having a party.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She likes to drink socially.
12. Why doesn't Joshua want to pull men out of the Blue Star mine in Play Eight?
(a) It is a wildcat strike which violates the union contract.
(b) He doesn't think there is a safety issue.
(c) He doesn't think the issue poses an imediate danger.
(d) He is paid a bribe not to pull them out.
13. What are Abe and Cassius supposed to do at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(a) Hold a pro-union rally.
(b) Steal a car.
(c) Buy guns.
(d) Sell moonshine.
14. What does Cassius Biggs do to make money in Play Seven?
(a) He is a gun dealer.
(b) He is a miner.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a politician.
15. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
(b) Richard Talbert.
(d) J.T. and Tommy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
2. How does Tommy excuse his role in what happens at the Treaty Oak?
3. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
4. In Scene two of Play Eight, what does Joshua give Scotty to welcome him to his new job as union field representative?
5. Why don't the Rowens rip up the contract for the mineral rights?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)