Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joshua's relationship with Lana in Play Eight?
(a) She's a miner's wife.
(b) She's a neighbor.
(c) She's his secretary and he's having an affair with her.
(d) She's his cousin.
2. Who buys the winner of the boxing match in Play Seven a beer to celebrate the victory?
(d) Cassius Biggs.
3. Where does Cassius Biggs, a black man, once find the kind of liberty he never experiences in America?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In Canada.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In France.
4. At the end of Play Eight, who does everyone turn to look at when James Talbert reads the names of the missing miners and announces Scotty's?
(a) James Talbert.
5. What is wrong with Joshua at the beginning of Play Seven?
(a) He is delirious with the same fever that kills his brothers.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has a broken ankle.
6. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
(a) Andrew is leaving Howsen County.
(b) The mining company intends to fire Tommy.
(c) Andrew calls in the Army.
(d) Someone else already has the promotion.
7. How old do you have to be to work in the mines?
8. Why does Joshua think the water tastes funny in Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) He is still ill with a fever.
(b) It has medicine in it.
(c) His mother is boiling it to keep him free of fever.
(d) It has sugar in it.
9. What tragedy happens while Tommy and Joshua are at the mine in Play Seven?
(a) A train wreck.
(b) An auto crash.
(c) A child drowns.
(d) A coal bump or collapse of the mine.
10. How does Tommy excuse his role in what happens at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He says Andrew and the mining company threaten him.
(b) He says it is an accident.
(c) He says he does it to protect his family from the Army.
(d) He says he doesn't believe in the union.
11. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
(b) J.T. and Tommy.
(d) Richard Talbert.
12. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Mary Anne.
13. How does Abe respond when Mary Anne and Tommy argue in Play Seven?
(a) He offers to run away with Mary Anne.
(b) He tells Mary Anne to be patient and not give up hope.
(c) He hits Tommy for hitting Mary Anne.
(d) He agrees with Tommy.
14. What happens when J.T. tells a story about two feuding families and a man named Jack killing his rival, Thomas?
(a) Tommy attacks J.T..
(b) The Rowens recognize it as Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Rowens hate the story.
(d) Jed Rowen falls ill.
15. What does Sallie Rowen serve for dinner in Play Six?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Pinto beans and turnip greens.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Ham and red-eyed gravy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a huge explosion occurs at the mine in Play Eight, what does James Talbert initially think causes it?
2. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
3. What is the cause of the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
4. Why does Margaret Rowen mention drinking so much?
5. In Play Eight why does Joshua tell Scotty he can't tell the miners everything that is going on with the mining company?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)