|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Four, what does Patrick Rowen ask Jessie to do with the circuit court's mules, if any shooting occurs during the court's visit?
(a) Feed the mules.
(b) Make the mules hard to find.
(c) Shoot the mules.
(d) Drown the mules.
2. In what does the narrator of the prologue in Play Six no longer believe ?
(d) True love.
3. Why does J.T. claim he is saving Mary Anne's life or at least her soul?
(a) She can fall into the stream and drown.
(b) He is a preacher.
(c) The devil is said to hide in the muddy bottom of streams.
(d) Indians are lurking in the woods nearby.
4. What happens to the Indian woman in Scene One of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) Michael Rowen drags her into his cabin against her will.
(b) She develops a fever.
(c) She falls in love with Michael Rowen.
(d) She drowns in the river.
5. In what year does Play Five, God's Great Supper, take place?
6. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) A new general store opens.
(b) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(c) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
(d) A new mayor is elected.
7. What does Morning Star dangle over her baby son at the end of Scene Six of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) A silver rattle.
(b) The gold pocket watch Rowen took from Earl Tod.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A cornshuck doll.
8. What does J.T. claim the letters in his name stand for?
(a) Joshua Thomas.
(b) Just Terrific.
(c) John Tucker.
(d) Joyful Thaddeus.
9. When Patrick Rowen tells his father he wants to marry Rebecca Talbert, how does Michael Rowen react?
(a) He says he wants Rebecca for himself.
(b) He disapproves and refuses to give Patrick land.
(c) He gives Patrick his blessing.
(d) He tells Star to get a preacher to conduct the wedding.
10. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
(a) Jessie and Zach.
(b) Zeke and Zach.
(c) Patrick and Jessie.
(d) Jessie and Zeke.
11. In what year does Play Six, Tall Tales, take place?
12. What is Earl Tod's country of origin?
13. Who does Rebecca Talbert tell Patrick Rowen his mother Star is visiting?
(a) A neighbor woman.
(b) Her Cherokee tribe.
(c) Rebecca's father, Joe Talbert.
(d) The local preacher.
14. In what year does Play Four, Ties That Bind, take place?
15. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A meal.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A drink of whiskey.
(d) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard tell Jed they should bury their differences?
2. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
3. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
4. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
5. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Rowen plan to do if Morning Star has a girl instead of a boy when she delivers the baby she is expecting?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)