|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Start a business.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Learn to speak Cherokee.
2. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
(a) The adult Mary Anne.
(b) Jed Rowen.
(c) Michael Rowen.
(d) Morning Star Rowen.
3. In Play Five, who does Ezekiel find hiding under the Rowen porch and overhearing his conversation with Jed about killing Richard?
(b) Randall Talbert.
4. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Gado adi.
(b) Knox Sanale.
(c) O si yo.
(d) Didi luga.
5. What is wrong with the blankets Michael Rowen gives Dragging Canoe and Taskwan?
(a) They're dirty and long overdue for a washing.
(b) They're infected with smallpox.
(c) They're torn and ragged.
(d) They're filled with fleas and lice.
6. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen want now that he is prosperous?
(a) A wife and family.
(b) A fancy wardrobe.
(c) A stable of thoroughbred horses.
(d) A big house.
7. In Play Five, who heads the wrong way, while riding out to Bowling Green when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
(a) Ezekiel Rowen.
(b) Richard Talbert.
(c) Jed Rowen.
(d) William Clarke Quantrill.
8. When Jed Rowen tells his father that Randall Talbert is just a kid in Play Five, how does Ezekiel respond?
(a) Kids should be seen and not heard.
(b) Little snakes grow into big snakes.
(c) A Talbert is a Talbert.
(d) Kids need to be punished.
9. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) His wife, Star.
(b) His doctor.
(c) A neighbor woman.
(d) The black female slave.
10. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
11. What does Michael Rowen tell Earl Tod he does in Georgia before coming to Kentucky?
(a) He is an indentured servant.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a preacher.
(d) He is a schoolmaster.
12. In Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star, what one thought does Morning Star think she and her infant son share?
(a) Death to Rowen.
(b) A desire to return to the Cherokee.
(c) Love of Rowen.
(d) A desire to run away from Rowen.
13. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
(a) Zeke and Zach.
(b) Jessie and Zeke.
(c) Jessie and Zach.
(d) Patrick and Jessie.
14. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
(a) One year.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
15. In Play Four, to whom does Patrick Rowen owe money now that his bank folds?
(a) The fat circuit court judge.
(c) The town preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Play Four, what does Jeremiah call Zeke?
2. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
3. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
4. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
5. What does the prologue in Play Six, Tall Tales, discuss?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)