|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Patrick Rowen in Play Five?
2. What secret does Jeremiah reveal at the end of Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) He is Joe Talbert's son getting revenge for his pa's murder.
(b) He is Patrick's half brother.
(c) He is a Rowen.
(d) He is building a new bank to replace the failed one.
3. In Play Five, who does Ezekiel find hiding under the Rowen porch and overhearing his conversation with Jed about killing Richard?
(c) Randall Talbert.
4. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
(a) Mary Anne Rowen.
(b) Jed Rowen.
(d) Sallie Rowen.
5. What deal does Michael Rowen make with the Cherokee warriors Dragging Canoe and Taskwan in Play One, Masters of the Trade?
(a) A trade of whiskey for women.
(b) A trade of powder, shot and blankets for fur pelts.
(c) A trade of whiskey for fresh fish and game.
(d) A trade of beads for horses.
6. What does Earl Tod do before he offers Michael Rowen food and water?
(a) He knocks Rowen down and searches him for weapons.
(b) He demands money for his hospitality.
(c) He introduces Rowen to Sam.
(d) He offers Rowen whiskey.
7. Who does Michael Rowen bring back from Louisville with him in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A black female slave.
(d) His Irish mother.
8. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
(a) Flee the cabin on horseback.
(b) Bring food for the court officials.
(c) Bring another jug of whiskey for the court officials.
(d) Fetch their rifles.
9. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(b) A new mayor is elected.
(c) A new general store opens.
(d) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
10. What is the name of the tree under which Mary Anne's great-great-grandfather, Michael Rowen, buys his land from the Indians?
(a) Cherokee Birch.
(b) Cherokee Oak.
(c) Indian Maple.
(d) Treaty Oak.
11. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
12. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) His wife, Star.
(b) His doctor.
(c) A neighbor woman.
(d) The black female slave.
13. Why is Randall Talbert running away in Play Five?
(a) To escape his father's abuse.
(b) To fight the Yankees.
(c) To get married.
(d) To avoid punishment for stealing.
14. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
(c) A drink of whiskey.
(d) A meal.
15. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
(a) Jed is a big man who can fight well.
(b) It keeps Jed away from the Talbert women.
(c) Jed's a good shot and good with horses.
(d) Jed knows the countryside in which they are fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives an inspirational speech when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
2. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, in what language does Earl Tod initially speak?
3. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
4. When Patrick Rowen tells his father he wants to marry Rebecca Talbert, how does Michael Rowen react?
5. When Jed returns home at the end of Play Five, what do he and his father and friends do?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)