|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up what Jed calls Talbert's army in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Jed, Talbert's house slave, and a handful of sharecroppers.
(b) Talbert's wife and daughters.
(c) Jed and some Irish immigrants.
(d) Twenty white men from Talbert's county.
2. What does J.T. claim the letters in his name stand for?
(a) John Tucker.
(b) Joyful Thaddeus.
(c) Just Terrific.
(d) Joshua Thomas.
3. When Talbert and his men retreat to the river during their first battle in Play Five, what happens to Talbert?
(a) He is wounded by a Union bullet.
(b) He is captured by a Union lieutenant.
(c) He develops dysentery.
(d) He falls and breaks his ankle.
4. When Jed returns home at the end of Play Five, what do he and his father and friends do?
(a) Have a celebratory dinner.
(b) Go into hiding from Sherman's Yankee army.
(c) Switch sides and fight for the Yankees.
(d) Attack the Talbert home, burning and killing.
5. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy Jackson in Play Six?
(a) Tommy is her boyfriend.
(b) Tommy is her friend.
(c) Tommy is her cousin.
(d) Tommy is her brother.
6. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
(b) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(c) A new mayor is elected.
(d) A new general store opens.
7. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
(a) She breaks a chair over Rowen's head.
(b) She tells Rowen she loves him.
(c) She pulls a knife on Rowen.
(d) She bursts into tears.
8. What does Earl Tod do before he offers Michael Rowen food and water?
(a) He knocks Rowen down and searches him for weapons.
(b) He demands money for his hospitality.
(c) He introduces Rowen to Sam.
(d) He offers Rowen whiskey.
9. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) A neighbor woman.
(b) His doctor.
(c) The black female slave.
(d) His wife, Star.
10. Why is Randall Talbert running away in Play Five?
(a) To avoid punishment for stealing.
(b) To escape his father's abuse.
(c) To get married.
(d) To fight the Yankees.
11. What happens in Lawrenceburg, Kansas in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Talbert gets shot.
(b) Jed gets captured by the Yankees.
(c) Jed watches as Quantrill executes innocent civilians.
(d) Jed falls in love with a Yankee girl.
12. What is the name of the tree under which Mary Anne's great-great-grandfather, Michael Rowen, buys his land from the Indians?
(a) Cherokee Oak.
(b) Cherokee Birch.
(c) Indian Maple.
(d) Treaty Oak.
13. What secret does Jeremiah reveal at the end of Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) He is Patrick's half brother.
(b) He is a Rowen.
(c) He is building a new bank to replace the failed one.
(d) He is Joe Talbert's son getting revenge for his pa's murder.
14. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
(a) Bring food for the court officials.
(b) Bring another jug of whiskey for the court officials.
(c) Fetch their rifles.
(d) Flee the cabin on horseback.
15. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
(c) Food and warmth from the fire.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
2. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
3. In Play Five, who heads the wrong way, while riding out to Bowling Green when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
4. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
5. In Play Five, how does Randall's father, Richard, punish the boy for running away?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)