|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up what Jed calls Talbert's army in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Jed, Talbert's house slave, and a handful of sharecroppers.
(b) Talbert's wife and daughters.
(c) Jed and some Irish immigrants.
(d) Twenty white men from Talbert's county.
2. In Play Three, The Homecoming, what does Patrick Rowen do to his father Michael during their argument while Michael bathes?
(a) Drowns him.
(b) Stabs him to death.
(c) Scalds him with hot water.
(d) Hits him with his fists.
3. What deal does Michael Rowen make with the Cherokee warriors Dragging Canoe and Taskwan in Play One, Masters of the Trade?
(a) A trade of whiskey for women.
(b) A trade of whiskey for fresh fish and game.
(c) A trade of powder, shot and blankets for fur pelts.
(d) A trade of beads for horses.
4. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) His doctor.
(b) The black female slave.
(c) His wife, Star.
(d) A neighbor woman.
5. How old is Patrick Rowen in Play Five?
6. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
(b) Food and warmth from the fire.
(d) A horse.
7. Why does Richard tell Jed they should bury their differences?
(a) To unite against a common foe, the Yankees.
(b) He wants to marry Jed's sister.
(c) He's tired of the bad blood between them.
(d) He is running for office and wants Jed's vote.
8. In what year is Play One, Masters of the Trade, set?
9. In Play Four, what does Jeremiah call Zeke?
(a) Master Rowen.
(b) Mr. Preacher Man.
(c) Good sir.
(d) Little gentleman.
10. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) She gets a new horse.
(b) She marries Joe Talbert.
(c) Patrick orders her off his land and she vows to see him hang.
(d) Patrick shoots her.
11. What does J.T. claim the letters in his name stand for?
(a) Joyful Thaddeus.
(b) Joshua Thomas.
(c) Just Terrific.
(d) John Tucker.
12. In what year does Play Six, Tall Tales, take place?
13. When Talbert and his men retreat to the river during their first battle in Play Five, what happens to Talbert?
(a) He is captured by a Union lieutenant.
(b) He falls and breaks his ankle.
(c) He develops dysentery.
(d) He is wounded by a Union bullet.
14. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
15. What cities does J.T. claim to visit in Play Six?
(a) London and Madrid.
(b) San Francisco and Paris, France.
(c) Chicago and St. Louis.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia and New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
2. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
3. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
4. Why does J.T. claim he is saving Mary Anne's life or at least her soul?
5. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Rowen plan to do if Morning Star has a girl instead of a boy when she delivers the baby she is expecting?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)