Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose raiders does Jed join after he leaves Talbert's army in Play Five?
(a) A group of black raiders.
(b) A Union officer's raiders.
(c) A group of Kentucky raiders.
(d) Quantrill's raiders.
2. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. What secret does Jeremiah reveal at the end of Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) He is building a new bank to replace the failed one.
(b) He is Patrick's half brother.
(c) He is a Rowen.
(d) He is Joe Talbert's son getting revenge for his pa's murder.
4. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
(a) Sallie Rowen.
(b) Mary Anne Rowen.
(c) Jed Rowen.
5. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Gado adi.
(b) Didi luga.
(c) Knox Sanale.
(d) O si yo.
6. Which of the following statements does not describe an aspect of Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five?
(a) His father Ezekiel preaches from Revelations.
(b) Jed eats at a church picnic in an orchard.
(c) Jed's grandfather, Patrick, dies.
(d) Two women read a list of men's names including his.
7. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
(a) Zeke and Zach.
(b) Patrick and Jessie.
(c) Jessie and Zeke.
(d) Jessie and Zach.
8. Why is Rebecca Talbert unhappy with Patrick Rowen at the beginning of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) He refuses to marry her.
(b) He beats up her brother in a fight.
(c) He doesn't tell his father he wants to marry Rebecca.
(d) She catches him kissing another woman.
9. Why does Patrick Rowen have three loans from a local bank in Play Four?
(a) To expand the Rowen land.
(b) To build a new house.
(c) To buy horses.
(d) To buy farm equipment.
10. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
(a) Jed is a big man who can fight well.
(b) It keeps Jed away from the Talbert women.
(c) Jed knows the countryside in which they are fighting.
(d) Jed's a good shot and good with horses.
11. In what year is Play One, Masters of the Trade, set?
12. Why does Jed initially resist Richard's arguments about joining the war?
(a) He says it's a rich man's war and he's not rich.
(b) He can't afford a uniform.
(c) He fears getting shot.
(d) He wants to be a preacher and doesn't want to kill anyone.
13. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) Patrick shoots her.
(b) She marries Joe Talbert.
(c) She gets a new horse.
(d) Patrick orders her off his land and she vows to see him hang.
14. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
(b) Food and warmth from the fire.
(d) A horse.
15. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, in what language does Earl Tod initially speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does J.T. claim he is saving Mary Anne's life or at least her soul?
2. Why does Richard tell Jed they should bury their differences?
3. In Play Four, what does Jeremiah call Zeke?
4. When Talbert and his men retreat to the river during their first battle in Play Five, what happens to Talbert?
5. What is the only thing Ezekiel Rowen takes from the Talbert home at the end of Play Five?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)