|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does the narrator of the prologue in Play Six no longer believe ?
(b) True love.
2. In Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star, what one thought does Morning Star think she and her infant son share?
(a) Love of Rowen.
(b) A desire to run away from Rowen.
(c) A desire to return to the Cherokee.
(d) Death to Rowen.
3. What does Morning Star dangle over her baby son at the end of Scene Six of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) The gold pocket watch Rowen took from Earl Tod.
(b) A silver rattle.
(c) A cornshuck doll.
(d) A lock of her hair.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe an aspect of Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five?
(a) Jed eats at a church picnic in an orchard.
(b) Jed's grandfather, Patrick, dies.
(c) Two women read a list of men's names including his.
(d) His father Ezekiel preaches from Revelations.
5. In Play Three, The Homecoming, what does Patrick Rowen do to his father Michael during their argument while Michael bathes?
(a) Scalds him with hot water.
(b) Hits him with his fists.
(c) Stabs him to death.
(d) Drowns him.
6. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A meal.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A drink of whiskey.
(d) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
7. Who makes up what Jed calls Talbert's army in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Twenty white men from Talbert's county.
(b) Talbert's wife and daughters.
(c) Jed, Talbert's house slave, and a handful of sharecroppers.
(d) Jed and some Irish immigrants.
8. In Play Four, to whom does Patrick Rowen owe money now that his bank folds?
(a) The fat circuit court judge.
(c) The town preacher.
9. How many years after Play Two does Play Three, The Homecoming, take place?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten months.
(d) One hundred years.
10. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
11. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
(a) Flee the cabin on horseback.
(b) Bring another jug of whiskey for the court officials.
(c) Bring food for the court officials.
(d) Fetch their rifles.
12. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
(a) One hundred years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Twenty-five years.
13. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
(a) She is locked in a cell.
(b) Her wrist is tied to Michael Rowen's with a rawhide thong.
(c) She has no horse.
(d) She is ill.
14. What happens in Lawrenceburg, Kansas in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Jed gets captured by the Yankees.
(b) Jed watches as Quantrill executes innocent civilians.
(c) Talbert gets shot.
(d) Jed falls in love with a Yankee girl.
15. In what year does Play Four, Ties That Bind, take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Play Five, how does Randall's father, Richard, punish the boy for running away?
2. What cities does J.T. claim to visit in Play Six?
3. What happens in Play Five, once Jed forces his way onto the crowded ferry with the injured Richard Talbert?
4. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
5. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)