|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
(a) Michael Rowen.
(b) The adult Mary Anne.
(c) Jed Rowen.
(d) Morning Star Rowen.
2. What does Morning Star dangle over her baby son at the end of Scene Six of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) The gold pocket watch Rowen took from Earl Tod.
(b) A silver rattle.
(c) A cornshuck doll.
(d) A lock of her hair.
3. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, in what language does Earl Tod initially speak?
4. What is the name of the tree under which Mary Anne's great-great-grandfather, Michael Rowen, buys his land from the Indians?
(a) Cherokee Birch.
(b) Cherokee Oak.
(c) Indian Maple.
(d) Treaty Oak.
5. What arrangement does Jeremiah make with Patrick in Play Four for payment of Patrick's debts?
(a) Jeremiah takes half the Rowen land, not all of it.
(b) Jeremiah accepts Patrick's slaves as payment in full.
(c) Patrick must sharecrop the land he once owns.
(d) Jeremiah pays the debts in full for Patrick.
6. Why does Richard tell Jed they should bury their differences?
(a) He wants to marry Jed's sister.
(b) He's tired of the bad blood between them.
(c) To unite against a common foe, the Yankees.
(d) He is running for office and wants Jed's vote.
7. What is Earl Tod's country of origin?
8. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
(b) Food and warmth from the fire.
(d) A horse.
9. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
(b) A new general store opens.
(c) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(d) A new mayor is elected.
10. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Didi luga.
(b) O si yo.
(c) Knox Sanale.
(d) Gado adi.
11. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
(a) Bring food for the court officials.
(b) Flee the cabin on horseback.
(c) Fetch their rifles.
(d) Bring another jug of whiskey for the court officials.
12. What does J.T. claim the letters in his name stand for?
(a) Just Terrific.
(b) John Tucker.
(c) Joyful Thaddeus.
(d) Joshua Thomas.
13. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Start a business.
(d) Learn to speak Cherokee.
14. Which Talberts survive the attack on their home in Play Five?
(a) The two Talbert women.
(b) Young Randall and his mother.
(c) Richard Talbert and his mother.
(d) Young Randall and his grandmother.
15. In Play Four, what does Patrick Rowen ask Jessie to do with the circuit court's mules, if any shooting occurs during the court's visit?
(a) Make the mules hard to find.
(b) Drown the mules.
(c) Shoot the mules.
(d) Feed the mules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
2. In what year does Play Five, God's Great Supper, take place?
3. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
4. When Patrick Rowen tells his father he wants to marry Rebecca Talbert, how does Michael Rowen react?
5. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)