|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
(a) Jed Rowen.
(b) Mary Anne Rowen.
(d) Sallie Rowen.
2. In Play Five, who heads the wrong way, while riding out to Bowling Green when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
(a) William Clarke Quantrill.
(b) Ezekiel Rowen.
(c) Jed Rowen.
(d) Richard Talbert.
3. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) A snake bites it.
(b) Morning Star breaks it during a fall down some stairs.
(c) It develops a red rash.
(d) Rowen cuts her tendon so she can't run away.
4. What is Zeke's relationship to Zach in Play Four, Ties that Bind?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are brothers.
5. Why does Richard tell Jed they should bury their differences?
(a) He wants to marry Jed's sister.
(b) He is running for office and wants Jed's vote.
(c) He's tired of the bad blood between them.
(d) To unite against a common foe, the Yankees.
6. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) He becomes wealthy.
(b) He gets typhoid fever.
(c) Patrick shoots him to avoid hanging or going to jail.
(d) He runs off with Star.
7. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
(a) Michael Rowen.
(b) Morning Star Rowen.
(c) Jed Rowen.
(d) The adult Mary Anne.
8. Whose raiders does Jed join after he leaves Talbert's army in Play Five?
(a) Quantrill's raiders.
(b) A group of black raiders.
(c) A Union officer's raiders.
(d) A group of Kentucky raiders.
9. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
10. What does Morning Star dangle over her baby son at the end of Scene Six of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) A cornshuck doll.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A silver rattle.
(d) The gold pocket watch Rowen took from Earl Tod.
11. Who makes up what Jed calls Talbert's army in Play Five, God's Great Supper?
(a) Jed, Talbert's house slave, and a handful of sharecroppers.
(b) Jed and some Irish immigrants.
(c) Talbert's wife and daughters.
(d) Twenty white men from Talbert's county.
12. When Patrick Rowen and his father Michael argue in Play Three, The Homecoming, what does Star deliberately do to Michael in his bath?
(a) Puts soap in his eyes.
(b) Scalds him with hot water.
(c) Tries to drown him.
(d) Freezes him with cold water.
13. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
(a) She tells Rowen she loves him.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She pulls a knife on Rowen.
(d) She breaks a chair over Rowen's head.
14. Who is wresting as Play Four, Ties That Bind, opens?
(a) Zeke and Zach.
(b) Patrick and Jessie.
(c) Jessie and Zeke.
(d) Jessie and Zach.
15. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
(a) Fetch their rifles.
(b) Bring food for the court officials.
(c) Bring another jug of whiskey for the court officials.
(d) Flee the cabin on horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Patrick Rowen in Play Five?
2. In Play Five, how does Randall's father, Richard, punish the boy for running away?
3. What does the prologue in Play Six, Tall Tales, discuss?
4. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen claim he does when he is just seven years old?
5. Once Jed agrees to join the Confederate Army with Richard and Richard leaves, what do Ezekiel and Jed reveal?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)