|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the blankets Michael Rowen gives Dragging Canoe and Taskwan?
(a) They're torn and ragged.
(b) They're infected with smallpox.
(c) They're dirty and long overdue for a washing.
(d) They're filled with fleas and lice.
2. In Play Five, which Talberts does Ezekiel tell Jed they kill?
(a) The women.
(b) Richard and Randall.
(c) All of them.
(d) The men.
3. In Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star, what one thought does Morning Star think she and her infant son share?
(a) A desire to run away from Rowen.
(b) A desire to return to the Cherokee.
(c) Death to Rowen.
(d) Love of Rowen.
4. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
5. What arrangement does Jeremiah make with Patrick in Play Four for payment of Patrick's debts?
(a) Jeremiah accepts Patrick's slaves as payment in full.
(b) Jeremiah takes half the Rowen land, not all of it.
(c) Patrick must sharecrop the land he once owns.
(d) Jeremiah pays the debts in full for Patrick.
6. In Play Four, what does Jeremiah call Zeke?
(a) Little gentleman.
(b) Master Rowen.
(c) Good sir.
(d) Mr. Preacher Man.
7. Which of the following statements does not describe an aspect of Jed Rowen's dream at the beginning of Play Five?
(a) Jed's grandfather, Patrick, dies.
(b) Jed eats at a church picnic in an orchard.
(c) Two women read a list of men's names including his.
(d) His father Ezekiel preaches from Revelations.
8. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) A new mayor is elected.
(b) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(c) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
(d) A new general store opens.
9. In what year does Play Five, God's Great Supper, take place?
10. In Play Five, who does Ezekiel find hiding under the Rowen porch and overhearing his conversation with Jed about killing Richard?
(c) Randall Talbert.
11. Who gives an inspirational speech when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
(a) Richard Talbert.
(b) Ezekiel Rowen.
(c) Jed Rowen.
(d) Patrick Rowen.
12. When Talbert and his men retreat to the river during their first battle in Play Five, what happens to Talbert?
(a) He is wounded by a Union bullet.
(b) He is captured by a Union lieutenant.
(c) He develops dysentery.
(d) He falls and breaks his ankle.
13. In what year does Play Six, Tall Tales, take place?
14. What does Jed do when Talbert asks for his help in getting off the battle field in Play Five?
(a) Abandons Talbert.
(b) Tends Talbert like a slave would.
(c) Helps Talbert get back to Kentucky.
(d) Picks up Talbert's pistol and aims it at Talbert.
15. What is Earl Tod's country of origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zeke's relationship to Zach in Play Four, Ties that Bind?
2. When Patrick Rowen tells his father he wants to marry Rebecca Talbert, how does Michael Rowen react?
3. In what year does Play Four, Ties That Bind, take place?
4. Why does Patrick Rowen have three loans from a local bank in Play Four?
5. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)