|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when J.T. tells a story about two feuding families and a man named Jack killing his rival, Thomas?
(a) Tommy attacks J.T..
(b) The Rowens hate the story.
(c) The Rowens recognize it as Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Jed Rowen falls ill.
2. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Cassius?
(a) He gets shot by mining company thugs.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He gets bit by a snake.
3. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, how does Michael Rowen say he injures his ankle?
(a) His foot gets caught in a bear trap.
(b) In a tumble down a hill.
(c) In a fall from his horse.
(d) He falls down some steps.
4. What does Abe say helps Joshua?
(a) A certain herb.
(b) Keeping him warm.
(c) An elixir made from mountain laurel.
(d) Boiling the family drinking water, which causes the fever.
5. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
2. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. What proof does Joshua offer in Play Seven that Tommy is the one who has betrayed the miners?
4. What does Abe urge Tommy to do after the tragedy at the mine in Play Seven?
5. What are Abe and Cassius supposed to do at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)