|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
(a) Jed knows the countryside in which they are fighting.
(b) It keeps Jed away from the Talbert women.
(c) Jed is a big man who can fight well.
(d) Jed's a good shot and good with horses.
2. What does Mary Anne do at the end of Play Seven, Fire in the Hole?
(a) Abandons Tommy and becomes a union organizer.
(b) Leaves Howsen County.
(c) Becomes a coal miner.
(d) Gives up on the union.
3. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A drink of whiskey.
(b) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A meal.
4. What proof does Joshua offer in Play Seven that Tommy is the one who has betrayed the miners?
(a) The Rowen gold pocket watch in Tommy's pocket.
(b) The blood on Tommy's hands.
(c) The gun in Tommy's arms.
(d) Testimony of other miners.
5. In what year is Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jed shoot with Richard Talbert's pistol in Play Five?
2. In what year is Play One, Masters of the Trade, set?
3. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
4. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
5. When Tommy confronts him in Chapter Six, who does J.T. say he comes to visit?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)