|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe offer as an advance on his rent?
(a) Medicine for Joshua.
(b) A horse.
(c) Payment of the doctor's fee for Joshua.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. In Play Five, who heads the wrong way, while riding out to Bowling Green when Talbert's army first heads off to battle?
(a) William Clarke Quantrill.
(b) Jed Rowen.
(c) Ezekiel Rowen.
(d) Richard Talbert.
3. How much money does Tommy have to pay the fee for which the preacher asks?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(d) Fifty cents.
4. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A drink of whiskey.
(b) A meal.
(c) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
(d) A drink of water.
5. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
(a) One year.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy do when he sees what Joshua is reading aloud in Play Seven?
2. What is Mary Anne's relationship with Tommy in Play Seven?
3. How old is Joshua in Play Seven?
4. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
5. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)