|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Six, Tall Tales, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian woman try to hit Michael Rowen with in Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star?
(a) A log.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A broom.
(d) A coffee pot.
2. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) A seat on the family's best cane bottom chair.
(c) A drink of whiskey.
(d) A meal.
3. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) She gets a new horse.
(b) Patrick shoots her.
(c) Patrick orders her off his land and she vows to see him hang.
(d) She marries Joe Talbert.
4. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Rowen plan to do if Morning Star has a girl instead of a boy when she delivers the baby she is expecting?
(a) Celebrate the girl's birth with a big party.
(b) Sell the child as an indentured servant.
(c) Send the child to live with the Indians.
(d) Leave the baby girl on a mountain to die.
5. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
(a) Jed knows the countryside in which they are fighting.
(b) It keeps Jed away from the Talbert women.
(c) Jed is a big man who can fight well.
(d) Jed's a good shot and good with horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Jed agrees to join the Confederate Army with Richard and Richard leaves, what do Ezekiel and Jed reveal?
2. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
3. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
4. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen want now that he is prosperous?
5. In the prologue of Play Six, who stands off to the side while 14-year-old Mary Anne Rowen sits at the creek?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)