|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Four, Ties That Bind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Three, The Homecoming, what does Patrick Rowen do to his father Michael during their argument while Michael bathes?
(a) Stabs him to death.
(b) Scalds him with hot water.
(c) Hits him with his fists.
(d) Drowns him.
2. What does Michael Rowen take from Earl Tod's belongings after Tod's death?
(a) A gold pocket watch.
(b) Five hundred dollars in gold and silver.
(c) A wanted poster.
(d) A love letter to Tod's wife.
3. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
(a) She is ill.
(b) Her wrist is tied to Michael Rowen's with a rawhide thong.
(c) She has no horse.
(d) She is locked in a cell.
4. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, what does Michael Rowen say happens at Zion?
(a) A new general store opens.
(b) A new mayor is elected.
(c) Daniel Boone visits the settlement.
(d) Cherokee attack and wipe out the settlement.
5. When Patrick sells Jessie to Jeremiah in Play Four, what secret does Sallie reveal?
(a) Jessie is Patrick's half brother.
(b) Patrick is not Michael Rowen's son.
(c) Sallie has money to pay off Patrick's debts.
(d) Michael Rowen steals his land from Earl Tod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
2. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. What is wrong with the blankets Michael Rowen gives Dragging Canoe and Taskwan?
4. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
5. In Play Four, to whom does Patrick Rowen owe money now that his bank folds?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)