|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Four, Ties That Bind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen claim he does when he is just seven years old?
(a) Become an indentured servant.
(b) Kill his first man.
(c) Go to jail.
(d) Rob a merchant.
2. Who does Michael Rowen order to bathe him when he returns home from Louisville in Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) A neighbor woman.
(b) The black female slave.
(c) His wife, Star.
(d) His doctor.
3. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) She tells Rowen she loves him.
(c) She pulls a knife on Rowen.
(d) She breaks a chair over Rowen's head.
4. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, how does Michael Rowen say he injures his ankle?
(a) In a tumble down a hill.
(b) In a fall from his horse.
(c) His foot gets caught in a bear trap.
(d) He falls down some steps.
5. What deal does Michael Rowen make with the Cherokee warriors Dragging Canoe and Taskwan in Play One, Masters of the Trade?
(a) A trade of whiskey for fresh fish and game.
(b) A trade of powder, shot and blankets for fur pelts.
(c) A trade of whiskey for women.
(d) A trade of beads for horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earl Tod do before he offers Michael Rowen food and water?
2. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
3. What is Zeke's relationship to Zach in Play Four, Ties that Bind?
4. Why does Patrick Rowen have three loans from a local bank in Play Four?
5. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)