|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Four, Ties That Bind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Patrick Rowen and his father Michael argue in Play Three, The Homecoming, what does Star deliberately do to Michael in his bath?
(a) Freezes him with cold water.
(b) Puts soap in his eyes.
(c) Scalds him with hot water.
(d) Tries to drown him.
2. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Rowen plan to do if Morning Star has a girl instead of a boy when she delivers the baby she is expecting?
(a) Send the child to live with the Indians.
(b) Leave the baby girl on a mountain to die.
(c) Celebrate the girl's birth with a big party.
(d) Sell the child as an indentured servant.
3. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
(a) He runs off with Star.
(b) Patrick shoots him to avoid hanging or going to jail.
(c) He becomes wealthy.
(d) He gets typhoid fever.
4. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
(a) She pulls a knife on Rowen.
(b) She tells Rowen she loves him.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She breaks a chair over Rowen's head.
5. What does Michael Rowen take from Earl Tod's belongings after Tod's death?
(a) A gold pocket watch.
(b) Five hundred dollars in gold and silver.
(c) A wanted poster.
(d) A love letter to Tod's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Play One, Masters of the Trade, set?
2. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen claim he does when he is just seven years old?
3. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
4. What does Patrick Rowen offer the fat judge upon his arrival in Play Four, Ties That Bind?
5. If Patrick Rowen scratches his head before sending Zeke and Zach to the house during the court's visit, what are Zeke and Zach to do?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)