|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Three, The Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Rowen plan to do if Morning Star has a girl instead of a boy when she delivers the baby she is expecting?
(a) Sell the child as an indentured servant.
(b) Celebrate the girl's birth with a big party.
(c) Leave the baby girl on a mountain to die.
(d) Send the child to live with the Indians.
2. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Learn to speak Cherokee.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Start a business.
3. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
(a) Knox Sanale.
(b) Didi luga.
(c) O si yo.
(d) Gado adi.
4. What deal does Michael Rowen make with the Cherokee warriors Dragging Canoe and Taskwan in Play One, Masters of the Trade?
(a) A trade of beads for horses.
(b) A trade of powder, shot and blankets for fur pelts.
(c) A trade of whiskey for fresh fish and game.
(d) A trade of whiskey for women.
5. How many years after Play Two does Play Three, The Homecoming, take place?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Rowen take from Earl Tod's belongings after Tod's death?
2. How old are Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen in Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. In what year is Play One, Masters of the Trade, set?
4. In Play One, Masters of the Trade, how does Michael Rowen say he injures his ankle?
5. What happens to the Indian woman in Scene One of The Courtship of Morning Star?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)