|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Three, The Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star, what one thought does Morning Star think she and her infant son share?
(a) Death to Rowen.
(b) A desire to return to the Cherokee.
(c) A desire to run away from Rowen.
(d) Love of Rowen.
2. In Play Two, The Courtship of Morning Star, what does Michael Rowen claim he does when he is just seven years old?
(a) Go to jail.
(b) Become an indentured servant.
(c) Kill his first man.
(d) Rob a merchant.
3. What do Rebecca Talbert and Patrick Rowen want to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Learn to speak Cherokee.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Start a business.
4. In Scene Two of The Courtship of Morning Star, why can't the Indian woman escape?
(a) She is ill.
(b) Her wrist is tied to Michael Rowen's with a rawhide thong.
(c) She is locked in a cell.
(d) She has no horse.
5. In Scene Four of The Courtship of Morning Star, how does Morning star respond when Michael Rowen pulls her into his lap and begins kissing her?
(a) She breaks a chair over Rowen's head.
(b) She pulls a knife on Rowen.
(c) She tells Rowen she loves him.
(d) She bursts into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
2. What happens to Star at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
3. What is Michael Rowen's country of origin?
4. What is Earl Tod's country of origin?
5. What happens to Joe Talbert, Star's lover, at the end of Play Three, The Homecoming?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)