|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Five, God's Great Supper, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the first play does the second play, The Courtship of Morning Star, take place?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
2. Why does Richard want Jed to join his troops?
(a) Jed is a big man who can fight well.
(b) Jed knows the countryside in which they are fighting.
(c) It keeps Jed away from the Talbert women.
(d) Jed's a good shot and good with horses.
3. In Play Four, what does Patrick Rowen ask Jessie to do with the circuit court's mules, if any shooting occurs during the court's visit?
(a) Drown the mules.
(b) Shoot the mules.
(c) Feed the mules.
(d) Make the mules hard to find.
4. What does Michael Rowen say he wants when he appears at Earl Tod's campfire in Play One?
(a) A horse.
(b) Food and warmth from the fire.
5. How many years after Play Two does Play Three, The Homecoming, take place?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) Ten months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Patrick Rowen tells his father he wants to marry Rebecca Talbert, how does Michael Rowen react?
2. What is the Cherokee term for Morning Star?
3. What happens to Morning Star's leg in Scene Five of The Courtship of Morning Star?
4. What is Earl Tod's country of origin?
5. Who does Michael Rowen bring back from Louisville with him in Play Three, The Homecoming?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)