|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play Seven, Fire in the Hole, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrangement does Jeremiah make with Patrick in Play Four for payment of Patrick's debts?
(a) Patrick must sharecrop the land he once owns.
(b) Jeremiah accepts Patrick's slaves as payment in full.
(c) Jeremiah takes half the Rowen land, not all of it.
(d) Jeremiah pays the debts in full for Patrick.
2. Who responds when Cassius whistles at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
(b) Thugs who work for the mine.
(d) The gun sellers he is expecting.
3. When Patrick sells Jessie to Jeremiah in Play Four, what secret does Sallie reveal?
(a) Michael Rowen steals his land from Earl Tod.
(b) Sallie has money to pay off Patrick's debts.
(c) Patrick is not Michael Rowen's son.
(d) Jessie is Patrick's half brother.
4. At the end of Play Seven, what happens to Abe at the Treaty Oak?
(a) He gets bit by a snake.
(b) The mining company thugs shoot him.
(c) He meets a woman.
(d) He falls and breaks his arm.
5. Why does Andrew say it's too late to give Tommy what he wants?
(a) Someone else already has the promotion.
(b) Andrew calls in the Army.
(c) The mining company intends to fire Tommy.
(d) Andrew is leaving Howsen County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when J.T. tells a story about two feuding families and a man named Jack killing his rival, Thomas?
2. In Scene Two of Play Six, Tall Tales, who joins the Rowen family for dinner?
3. In Play Four, what does Patrick Rowen ask Jessie to do with the circuit court's mules, if any shooting occurs during the court's visit?
4. Who unexpectedly witnesses the events at the Treaty Oak at the end of Play Seven?
5. In what year does Play Four, Ties That Bind, take place?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)