|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman ask Colie to do for him on the night out?
2. Where is Colie's mother when she first contacts her while at Mira's?
3. What do Mira and Colie go to the church for?
4. Who does Morgan get to cover her shifts?
5. What kind of eclipse does Colie watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colie realize when Isabel says Norman likes her?
2. How did Colie get her bad reputation at her school?
3. What happened when Morgan went to surprise Mark while he was on tour?
4. How does Isabel tell Colie to be beautiful?
5. What does Isabel think of Morgan's relationship with Mark?
6. What does Morgan do when she is upset?
7. Why is Colie so awkward sometimes around Morgan and Isabel?
8. What does Isabel want to do at the end of the book?
9. Why is Mark away so much of the time?
10. What is Colie's nick name at school, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)