|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mira and Colie go to the church for?
2. Where does Colie meet Josh?
3. What is Mark's job?
4. Who helps Colie get ready for her date with Norman?
5. What trait of Kiki's does Colie admire the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isabel want to do at the end of the book?
2. What does Isabel think of Morgan's relationship with Mark?
3. What does Colie realize when the frog necklace is mentioned?
4. What does Colie think about as she gets ready to go out with Isabel and Morgan?
5. Why does Morgan say that Isabel only has one friend?
6. What does Morgan plan to do during her time off work?
7. How did Colie get her bad reputation at her school?
8. How does Colie and Norman's first kiss happen?
9. What does Morgan do when she is upset?
10. What does Colie realize when Isabel says Norman likes her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are Isabel's ideas on beauty, and why are they so important to her?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)