|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman carrying when Colie runs into him?
2. What kind of business does Colie's mother own?
3. What does Isabel fix about Colie's hair?
4. What does Colie say she shed when she lost her weight?
5. What does Colie tell Mira about what she hears at the post office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
2. Why does Mira get made fun of?
3. What does Morgan get very excited about?
4. What does Colie think might happen to her health while living with Mira, and why?
5. Why does Morgan say she tolerates Isabel's erratic behavior?
6. What does Caroline do to Colie at the restaurant?
7. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
8. What was the turning point in Colie's mother's life?
9. How does Isabel feel about what is making Morgan so excited and why?
10. What does Colie sense when she meets Bea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of bullying did Colie endure in this book, and how did this treatment affect her?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)