|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory does Norman collect?
2. Who is Mira looking for when the storm comes in?
3. How is Colie getting to where she plans to spend the summer?
4. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
5. How did Mira describe Kiki when she was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mira get made fun of?
2. How does Colie feel on her first day of work at the Last Chance?
3. What does Colie see all over the house when she comes to Mira's house?
4. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
5. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
6. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
7. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
8. What special talent does Mira have?
9. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
10. What was the turning point in Colie's mother's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of bullying did Colie endure in this book, and how did this treatment affect her?
Essay Topic 2
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
Essay Topic 3
Colie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)