|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Colie a job?
2. What is Isabel's job?
3. What bad news does Isabel have for Colie after she gets a gift from Norm?
4. How does Colie describe Mira's eating habits?
5. What kind of school does Norman want to go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
2. What does Colie realize as she watches Isabel and Morgan interact with each other?
3. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
4. What does Colie think might happen to her health while living with Mira, and why?
5. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
6. What does Morgan get very excited about?
7. Why does Morgan say people find Mira odd?
8. What does Norman do every day?
9. What are Norman's goals in life?
10. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
Essay Topic 2
Colie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How did Morgan react to the betrayal of Mark? Was this surprising to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)