|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in the post office call the people Mira cares for?
2. What kind of animal does Mira own?
3. What does Norman call the people on the buses?
4. Why does Isabel invite Colie to her house?
5. What does Bea comment to Mira about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norman do every day?
2. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
3. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
4. What does Kiki think about on the train to Mira's house?
5. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
6. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
7. Why does Morgan say she tolerates Isabel's erratic behavior?
8. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
9. How does Isabel feel about what is making Morgan so excited and why?
10. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of bullying did Colie endure in this book, and how did this treatment affect her?
Essay Topic 2
What advice does Kiki give to Colie, and where did this advice originally come from?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the stages that Colie and Norman's relationship went through, and how did those stages change them as characters?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)