|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's job?
2. Who offers Colie a job?
3. How has Colie changed physically since she was a child?
4. What color is Morgan's house?
5. Who is the picture of the girl on Isabel's vanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
2. What does Morgan get very excited about?
3. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
4. Why does Morgan say she tolerates Isabel's erratic behavior?
5. How does Isabel respond to what Caroline does to Colie at the restaurant?
6. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
7. What does Kiki think about on the train to Mira's house?
8. What happens to Colie while she is looking for Cat Norman?
9. What does Colie think might happen to her health while living with Mira, and why?
10. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Caroline was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)