|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the surprise visitor Mira brought to the class she taught?
2. Who is Mira looking for when the storm comes in?
3. What did Mira inherit when her parents passed away?
4. What does Bea comment to Mira about?
5. What does Caroline call Colie while she is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
2. Why does Mira get made fun of?
3. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
4. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
5. What does Kiki think about on the train to Mira's house?
6. What special talent does Mira have?
7. How does Isabel feel about what is making Morgan so excited and why?
8. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
9. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
10. What does Colie sense when she meets Bea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Caroline was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)