|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kiki inherit when Mira's parents passed away?
2. What does Colie say she shed when she lost her weight?
3. What label does Colie give Norman?
4. What kind of business does Colie's mother own?
5. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
2. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
3. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
4. What does Colie sense when she meets Bea?
5. What does Norman do every day?
6. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
7. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
8. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
9. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
10. How does Isabel respond to what Caroline does to Colie at the restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What are Isabel's ideas on beauty, and why are they so important to her?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)