|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Colie first meet Norman?
2. What does Isabel fix about Colie's hair?
3. Where does Isabel meet Colie after she gets a gift from Norman?
4. What does Caroline call Colie while she is working?
5. What does Colie do when she gets back from the Last Chance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
2. What does Norman do every day?
3. What happens to Colie while she is looking for Cat Norman?
4. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
5. What does Caroline do to Colie at the restaurant?
6. What happened to the inheritance when Colie's grandparents died?
7. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
8. What was the turning point in Colie's mother's life?
9. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
10. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
Essay Topic 3
What are Isabel's ideas on beauty, and why are they so important to her?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)