|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about Bea's baby?
2. What does Colie notice first about the picture of the girl on Isabel's vanity?
3. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
4. Where does Colie meet Bea?
5. Why does Isabel come to visit Colie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special talent does Mira have?
2. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
3. Why does Morgan say she tolerates Isabel's erratic behavior?
4. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
5. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
6. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
7. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
8. What does Colie think might happen to her health while living with Mira, and why?
9. How does Colie feel on her first day of work at the Last Chance?
10. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of changes did Colie go through before the beginning of this book, and how were they significant to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of bullying did Colie endure in this book, and how did this treatment affect her?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)