|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mira inherit when her parents passed away?
2. What is Norman's job?
3. What is Isabel's job?
4. What does Norman have to put together before he can go to the school he wants?
5. What color is Morgan's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
2. How does Isabel respond to what Caroline does to Colie at the restaurant?
3. What does Colie see all over the house when she comes to Mira's house?
4. What gift does Norman get for Colie, and why?
5. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
6. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
7. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
8. What special talent does Mira have?
9. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
10. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caroline was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What does the eclipse mean to Colie, and why?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)