|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morgan's job?
2. Why does Colie worry about her weight at Mira's house?
3. What did Mira inherit when her parents passed away?
4. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
5. Who makes fun of Mira on her bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
2. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
3. What happened to the inheritance when Colie's grandparents died?
4. How does Isabel tell Colie to be beautiful?
5. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
6. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
7. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
8. What happened when Morgan went to surprise Mark while he was on tour?
9. What does Norman do every day?
10. What special talent does Mira have?
Essay Topic 1
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of changes did Colie go through before the beginning of this book, and how were they significant to the plot?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)