|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mira looking for when the storm comes in?
2. What did Mira inherit when her parents passed away?
3. Who does Colie talk to in depth about what she heard about Mira at the post office?
4. What animal does Colie compare herself to?
5. What is Isabel's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
2. How does Colie feel on her first day of work at the Last Chance?
3. Why does Isabel understand Colie so well?
4. What does Mira say when Colie asks about why show owns so many partially broken items?
5. Why does Norman get upset when Josh calls Colie?
6. How does Isabel tell Colie to be beautiful?
7. Why does Morgan say people find Mira odd?
8. What does Colie feel like she has to admit to Norman?
9. What does Colie sense when she meets Bea?
10. What does Colie do when she sees Caroline telling Josh bad things about her?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)