|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colie get to the Last Chance?
2. What animal does Colie compare herself to?
3. Where does Colie know Caroline from?
4. What does Colie tell Mira about what she hears at the post office?
5. Who offers Colie a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
2. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
3. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
4. Why does Morgan say she tolerates Isabel's erratic behavior?
5. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
6. What does Colie sense when she meets Bea?
7. Why does Isabel say she is late for work, and how does Morgan respond to this?
8. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
9. What does Kiki think about on the train to Mira's house?
10. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
What did Colie learn during her time in Colby, and where did these lessons come from?
Essay Topic 3
Patience was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What were some of the main instances of this virtue, and how were those characters affected?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)