|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Norman say he got Colie a gift?
2. What is Colie doing when she runs into Norman?
3. What is strange about Bea's baby?
4. Who does Colie see being mean to her aunt?
5. Where does Colie get a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colie say Isabel will never understand her?
2. What does Caroline do to Colie at the restaurant?
3. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
4. What are Norman's goals in life?
5. What happened to the inheritance when Colie's grandparents died?
6. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
7. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
8. What does Isabel say to Colie when they first meet?
9. How does Isabel respond to what Caroline does to Colie at the restaurant?
10. What does Norman do every day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What advice does Kiki give to Colie, and where did this advice originally come from?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)