|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isabel meet Colie after she gets a gift from Norman?
2. How are Mira and Colie related?
3. Who did Mira have as a surprise visitor in the class she taught?
4. What kind of business does Colie's mother own?
5. What does Colie say she shed when she lost her weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colie dislike about her mother's success?
2. How does Isabel respond to what Caroline does to Colie at the restaurant?
3. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
4. What does Norman do every day?
5. What does Colie see all over the house when she comes to Mira's house?
6. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
7. What is the relationship between Mira and Kiki like?
8. Why does Mira get made fun of?
9. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
10. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)