|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Mira and Colie related?
2. What does Norman have to put together before he can go to the school he wants?
3. What does Colie tell Mira about what she hears at the post office?
4. Why does Norman say he got Colie a gift?
5. What accessory does Norman collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colie think Mira likes to watch wrestling matches?
2. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
3. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
4. Why does Mira get made fun of?
5. What happens to Colie while she is looking for Cat Norman?
6. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
7. What does Norman do every day?
8. What was the turning point in Colie's mother's life?
9. What does Morgan get very excited about?
10. What do the women in the post office say about Mira?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of changes did Colie go through before the beginning of this book, and how were they significant to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)