|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Nonni popular for?
(a) 2 years.
(b) A year.
(c) A decade.
(d) 2 decades.
2. Why doesn't Colie like Caroline?
(a) She makes fun of her mother.
(b) She is strange looking.
(c) She teases her.
(d) She flirts with boys.
3. What causes Colie to first hold hands with Norman?
(a) The rain storm.
(b) The darkness.
(c) Her pity for him.
(d) His art.
4. Who offers Colie a job?
5. Where does Colie meet Bea?
(a) The Library.
(b) The Quick Stop.
(c) The post office.
(d) The Last Chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's job?
2. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
3. What animal does Colie compare herself to?
4. How old was the surprise visitor Mira brought to the class she taught?
5. Where is Norman when he gives Colie a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Colie's nick name at school, and why?
2. How does Kiki say she got her confidence?
3. How does Colie feel after losing weight?
4. What does Colie see all over the house when she comes to Mira's house?
5. What makes Colie worry about Mira's health?
6. What is Norman holding when Colie runs into him before the storm, and why is this significant?
7. What happened to the inheritance when Colie's grandparents died?
8. What analogy does Colie use to describe her growth?
9. How did Colie get her bad reputation at her school?
10. What is so surprising to Colie about Norman's portrait of her?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)