|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline call Colie while she is working?
(a) A slut.
(b) A loner.
(c) A fatty.
(d) An addict.
2. What does Bea comment to Mira about?
(a) Her classes.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her bike.
3. How are Mira and Colie related?
(a) Mirs is Colie's cousin.
(b) Mira is Colie's Aunt.
(c) Mira is Colie's grandmother.
(d) Mira is Colie's step-mother.
4. Who is talking about Mira in the post office.
(a) Some men.
(b) Some women.
(c) Some boys.
(d) Some employees.
5. Who caused Morgan's excitement the day she comes into the Last Chance all excited?
6. What job is Colie offered?
7. What did Mira fight with the school board about?
(a) Banning books.
(b) Cutting art classes.
(c) Getting a girl's football team.
(d) Charging tuition.
8. Where does Isabel meet Colie after she gets a gift from Norman?
(a) The front porch.
(b) An alley.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The beach.
9. Why does Norman say he got Colie a gift?
(a) To include her.
(b) It eases his conscious.
(c) To cheer her up.
(d) It reminded him of her.
10. Where will Colie's mother be spending the summer?
11. Who is Mira looking for when the storm comes in?
(b) Cat Norman.
12. What is the name of Colie's mother?
13. What does Colie tell Mira about what she hears at the post office?
(a) Half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) The good parts of it.
14. What happened to change Colie's mother when they lived in North Carolina?
(a) She got a good job.
(b) She met a man.
(c) She kicked her addictions.
(d) She lost weight.
15. What did Kiki inherit when Mira's parents passed away?
(b) Some money.
(c) Their debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colie go to the post office?
2. What is Norman carrying when Colie runs into him?
3. How old was the surprise visitor Mira brought to the class she taught?
4. Why does Morgan come into the Last Chance excited one day?
5. How does Isabel treat Colie when they first meet?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)