|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On September 20, how long had it been since Mariah worked on her dollhouses?
2. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
3. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
4. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
2. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
3. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
4. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
5. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
6. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
7. Describe Mariah's home.
8. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
9. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
10. How is Faith injured at the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the novel, Millie tells Mariah that Faith will see her through the crises in Mariah's life. Explain whether Millie means Faith, the child; faith, a belief in something; or that both faith and Faith will see Mariah through the troubles in her life. Also explain how Millie believes Faith and/or faith will help Mariah.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of Chapter 1, the author quotes Milton saying, "Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth [u]nseen, both when we wake and when we sleep." How is the quote a theme in the novel? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)