|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
2. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
3. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
4. What does a clown paint on Mariah's face?
5. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Faith injured at the circus?
2. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
3. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
4. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
5. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
6. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
7. Describe Mariah's home.
8. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
9. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
10. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A common topic of discussion in the novel is Mariah's and Colin's relationship and failed marriage. Discuss the factors that played a part in the failure of Mariah's and Colin's marriage. Was one of them more to blame than the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Mariah hires Joan Standish to handle her divorce from Colin, Joan says that Colin has done Mariah a favor this time. Explain what Joan means by this statement and argue whether Colin did or did not do Mariah a favor by filing for divorce.
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)