Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
2. What does Faith ride at the circus?
3. What grade is Faith in?
4. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father MacReady think Faith sees God as female?
2. What is Father Rourke's analysis of Faith?
3. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
4. What does Kenzie see when she goes to the White's home?
5. Does Ian believe that Michael was healed?
6. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
7. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
8. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
9. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
10. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Faith's hands begin to bleed for no apparent reason. Argue why these wounds are or are not stigmata. Use arguments the characters use in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)