|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Ian write in 1997?
2. What book does Faith want to find?
3. What is Colin's religious background?
4. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
5. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Faith injured at the circus?
2. Why is Dr. De Vries qualified to diagnose Faith's illness?
3. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
4. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
5. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
6. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
7. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
8. Describe Mariah's home.
9. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
10. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 15, Picoult uses a quote from Sophocles. Explain how the novel shows that "[c]hildren are the anchors that hold a mother to life."
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
Essay Topic 3
On August 30, Faith "knows that truth can cause a sharp pain behind your eyes and that love sometimes feels like a fist around your throat. Explain how truth can cause pain and how love can be compared to a fist around the throat. Use examples from the novel that show when Faith might have experienced times when truth was painful and times when love felt like it was strangling her.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)