|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mariah's mother living seven years ago?
2. What does a clown paint on Mariah's face?
3. What does Faith ride at the circus?
4. What color clothing do the members of the Order of the Great Passion wear?
5. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
2. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
3. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
4. Describe Mariah's home.
5. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
6. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
7. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
8. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
9. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
10. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 15, Picoult uses a quote from Sophocles. Explain how the novel shows that "[c]hildren are the anchors that hold a mother to life."
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)