|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
2. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
3. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
4. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
5. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
2. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
3. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
4. How is Faith injured at the circus?
5. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
6. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
7. Describe Mariah's home.
8. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
9. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
10. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Mariah explains that she leaves nothing to chance with her dollhouses because she nails everything down so nothing can move, get lost, or be damaged. Explain whether or not Mariah tried to leave nothing to chance in her life when she was married to Colin.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
Essay Topic 3
When Mariah hires Joan Standish to handle her divorce from Colin, Joan says that Colin has done Mariah a favor this time. Explain what Joan means by this statement and argue whether Colin did or did not do Mariah a favor by filing for divorce.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)