|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
2. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
3. Where was Mariah's mother living seven years ago?
4. What was the name of Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
5. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
2. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
3. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
4. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
5. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
6. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
7. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
8. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
9. How is Faith injured at the circus?
10. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 11, is a quote from Isaiah 40:18, "To whom then will ye like God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?" Explain why Faith may see God as a female.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 6, Faith's hands begin to bleed for no apparent reason. Argue why these wounds are or are not stigmata. Use arguments the characters use in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
For Christians, the Old Testament of the Bible represents the old covenant between man and God, and the New Testament represents a new covenant between man and God. Explain why the author might have divided the book into two parts: "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament".
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)