|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
2. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
3. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
4. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
5. What is Mariah's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
2. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
3. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
4. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
5. Why is Dr. De Vries qualified to diagnose Faith's illness?
6. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
7. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
8. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
9. Why did Mariah not tell anyone she was pregnant when she went to Greenhaven?
10. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether a faith in God is a blind faith. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
Essay Topic 3
For Christians, the Old Testament of the Bible represents the old covenant between man and God, and the New Testament represents a new covenant between man and God. Explain why the author might have divided the book into two parts: "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament".
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)