|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
2. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
3. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
4. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
5. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
2. How is Faith injured at the circus?
3. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
4. Describe Mariah's home.
5. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
6. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
7. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
8. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
9. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
10. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Faith's hands begin to bleed for no apparent reason. Argue why these wounds are or are not stigmata. Use arguments the characters use in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Mariah explains that she leaves nothing to chance with her dollhouses because she nails everything down so nothing can move, get lost, or be damaged. Explain whether or not Mariah tried to leave nothing to chance in her life when she was married to Colin.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses both first person and third person point of view in the novel. Discuss whether you learn more about Mariah through the portions of the novel that are written in third or in first person.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)