|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
2. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
3. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
4. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
5. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mariah not tell anyone she was pregnant when she went to Greenhaven?
2. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
3. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
4. Why is Dr. De Vries qualified to diagnose Faith's illness?
5. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
6. How is Faith injured at the circus?
7. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
8. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
9. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
10. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Christians, the Old Testament of the Bible represents the old covenant between man and God, and the New Testament represents a new covenant between man and God. Explain why the author might have divided the book into two parts: "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament".
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, the author begins with a quote from Ian Fletcher that says, "Sure, lots of people believe in God. Lots of people used to believe the world was flat, too." Explain the meaning of this phrase and why Ian would compare a belief in God to a belief that the world is flat.
Essay Topic 3
Motherhood is a frequent theme in the novel. At one point, Millie states that motherhood is a work in process. Discuss whether motherhood is or is not a work process.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)