Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
2. What does Faith ride at the circus?
3. What grade is Faith in?
4. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father MacReady think Faith sees God as female?
2. What is Father Rourke's analysis of Faith?
3. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
4. What does Kenzie see when she goes to the White's home?
5. Does Ian believe that Michael was healed?
6. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
7. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
8. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
9. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
10. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
When Mariah hires Joan Standish to handle her divorce from Colin, Joan says that Colin has done Mariah a favor this time. Explain what Joan means by this statement and argue whether Colin did or did not do Mariah a favor by filing for divorce.
The author uses both first person and third person point of view in the novel. Discuss whether you learn more about Mariah through the portions of the novel that are written in third or in first person.
In Chapter 2, the author begins with a quote from Ian Fletcher that says, "Sure, lots of people believe in God. Lots of people used to believe the world was flat, too." Explain the meaning of this phrase and why Ian would compare a belief in God to a belief that the world is flat.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)