|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariah tell her mother when she asks who has called so late?
(a) She tells her it was a reporter.
(b) She tells her Ian called.
(c) She tells her it was a wrong number.
(d) She tells her that it was Father MacReady.
2. Who is the hand surgeon who examines Faith's hands?
(a) Dr. Blumberg.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Dr. Andrews.
(d) Dr. Brimley.
3. What was Kenzie van der Hoven's birth name?
4. How many people come to early mass on October 10?
5. What does Ian do when Allen McManus shows up at the Winnebago?
(a) Asks him to collaborate on a story.
(b) Congratulates him for his scoop.
(c) Yells at him and slams the door.
(d) Punches him.
6. What does Mariah wear to court on October 27?
(a) A black dress and pearls.
(b) A pantsuit.
(c) Leggings and an oversized sweatshirt.
(d) A navy jacket and skirt.
7. What court does Judge Rothbottam preside over?
(a) Lancaster Superior Court.
(b) New Canaan Courthouse.
(c) New Hampshire Supreme Court.
(d) Grafton County Superior Court.
8. Where does Ian buy clothes in Kansas City?
(d) A mall.
9. Where does Ian suggest Mariah and Faith stay while they are in Kansas City?
(a) At an apartment.
(b) With a college friend.
(c) With him.
(d) At an extended stay hotel.
10. Who is the lawyer Colin hires?
(a) Malcom Metz.
(b) Bart McBride.
(c) David Rabinowitz.
(d) Allen McManus.
11. Who does Mariah see on their flight to Kansas City?
(a) Ian Fletcher.
(b) Father MacReady.
(c) Rabbi Solomon.
12. What does Mariah see in Faith's hand when they are at the hospital on October 12?
(a) Writing from a Magic Marker.
(b) A blister.
(c) A red callused spot.
(d) A tiny, clean tunnel passing through her palm.
13. What would Ian's grandmother do if God didn't quite come through for her?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Read her Bible.
(c) Drink bourbon.
14. What does Millie do when Petra Sagnoff shows up announced at Mariah's home?
(a) Slams the door in her face.
(b) Waves a rifle around.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Yells at her.
15. What song does someone sing when Kenzie and Faith are outside?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) When Peace Like a River.
(c) How Great Thou Art.
(d) I Believe in Miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Blumberg use to demonstrate a puncture wound?
2. What does Ian compare Faith's hands to after the doctors bandage them?
3. What does Ian bring Faith when she's in the hospital with wounds in her hands?
4. How does Colin learn about Faith's vision and wounds?
5. What do Mariah and Faith do after Kenzie's first visit?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)