|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ian and Faith do outside when Mariah falls asleep?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Play tag.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go fishing.
2. What would Ian's grandmother do if God didn't quite come through for her?
(a) Go to church.
(c) Drink bourbon.
(d) Read her Bible.
3. What does Faith decide to do on October 12?
(a) Call her grandmother.
(b) Run away.
(c) Call her father.
(d) Fix breakfast.
4. What reporter does Ian call anonymously?
(a) Philip McMann.
(b) David Browleigh.
(c) Alan McManus.
(d) Andrew McPhilips.
5. For whom does Faith pour a bowl of Cheerios at the cabin in Kansas?
6. What does Ian do when Allen McManus shows up at the Winnebago?
(a) Yells at him and slams the door.
(b) Asks him to collaborate on a story.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Congratulates him for his scoop.
7. What is Kabbalah?
(a) A Jewish food.
(b) A Jewish prayer.
(c) Jewish mysticism.
(d) A Jewish hero.
8. When is Jessica and Colin's baby due?
9. Where does Father Rampini want the Bishop to take Faith's case?
(a) To the other dioceses in New Hampshire.
(b) U.S. Bishops' Conference.
(c) Experts at the Vatican.
(d) The Pope.
10. What would Joan Standish rather do than watch "Hollywood Tonight!"?
(a) Get a bikini wax.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Jump off a bridge.
(d) Weed her garden.
11. What do women from the MotherGod Society do with Bishop Andrews' pastoral letter?
(a) They put it in the garbage.
(b) They bury it.
(c) They rip it into shreds.
(d) They burn it.
12. What does Mariah tell her mother when she asks who has called so late?
(a) She tells her that it was Father MacReady.
(b) She tells her it was a reporter.
(c) She tells her it was a wrong number.
(d) She tells her Ian called.
13. What awakens Mariah on the morning of October 7?
(a) The police.
(b) The front door opening.
14. Why does Mariah have to go back to New Canaan?
(a) Her mother cannot handle all the bystanders at Mariah's house.
(b) Colin is suing for custody of Faith.
(c) Her mother is sick again.
(d) Faith has had a relapse.
15. What do Mariah and Faith do after Kenzie's first visit?
(a) Go outside to play.
(b) Go to the library.
(c) Play a board game.
(d) Bake cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ian suggest Mariah and Faith stay while they are in Kansas City?
2. What was Kenzie van der Hoven's birth name?
3. What is wrong with Rafael Civernos?
4. When was the first time Colin kissed Mariah?
5. What does Ian bring Faith when she's in the hospital with wounds in her hands?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)