|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Warren Rothbottam like to listen to in his chambers?
(a) Show tunes.
(b) Celtic music.
(c) Classical music.
2. What awakens Mariah and Ian in the night when they are staying at the lake?
(a) A loud pickup driving by.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) Ian's nightmare.
(d) Faith crying.
3. What would Ian's grandmother do if God didn't quite come through for her?
(a) Read her Bible.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Drink bourbon.
4. What does Mariah see in Faith's hand when they are at the hospital on October 12?
(a) A blister.
(b) Writing from a Magic Marker.
(c) A tiny, clean tunnel passing through her palm.
(d) A red callused spot.
5. Who does Ian pretend to be when renting a cabin?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A doctor.
6. Who is the lawyer Colin hires?
(a) David Rabinowitz.
(b) Bart McBride.
(c) Allen McManus.
(d) Malcom Metz.
7. According to a reporter, who might benefit from a mock miracle?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Faith's father.
(c) Faith's grandmother.
(d) Faith's mother.
8. How does Ian refer to Millie when he calls a reporter anonymously?
(a) As the grandmother of Faith.
(b) As a Jewish woman everyone thought was dead.
(c) As the woman who was miraculously revived.
(d) As Lazarous.
9. Where does Ian suggest Mariah and Faith stay while they are in Kansas City?
(a) With him.
(b) At an extended stay hotel.
(c) At an apartment.
(d) With a college friend.
10. What does Ian bring Faith when she's in the hospital with wounds in her hands?
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A story book.
11. What is the title for the official in the Catholic church whose sole responsibility is to find holes in cases of proposed sainthood?
(a) Bishop of Saints and Sacrements.
(b) Father Confessor.
(c) Devils Advocate.
(d) Advocate for Visionaries.
12. What does Faith decide to do on October 12?
(a) Run away.
(b) Call her grandmother.
(c) Call her father.
(d) Fix breakfast.
13. Who does Mariah see at the grocery store on October 28?
(a) Petra Saganoff.
(b) Her neighbor.
(d) Father MacReady.
14. What song does someone sing when Kenzie and Faith are outside?
(a) I Believe in Miracles.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) When Peace Like a River.
(d) How Great Thou Art.
15. What does Faith say God smells like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kabbalah?
2. What is Faith watching when Kenzie van der Hoven visits for the first time?
3. What bedtime story does Mariah try to tell Faith?
4. What is Rabbi Solomon wearing?
5. Why does Mariah take Faith and leave on October 19?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)