Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Baron de la Pole, what two things did the duke do for Katherine to express his everlasting love and respect for her?
2. Who is making bloody threats against the king?
3. Guy Pessoner visits Katherine and tells her that the king, Princess Joan, the archbishop, the treasurer, and a few other lords have hidden themselves in the tower because:
4. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
5. King Richard and his queen are about to travel through England on a goodwill tour to boost his popularity. Their visit to Lincoln will be their first in how many years?
Nirac the Gascon and loyal servant to the Duke of Lancaster is one of the more interesting characters in the entire story. Loyalty is a theme that recurs throughout the story on many levels. Explain why Nirac is originally very loyal to the duke and why that loyalty is eventually tested. Could things have turned out differently for Nirac?
At the start of Katherine's story, she leaves the convent for the Queen's court in the company of two nuns and the lustful Long Will. Katherine has great hopes for her life and for finding love. Yet the author writes: "It was a sad pity she could hope for no great marriage". Why does the author say this? Is Katherine doomed?
Do you think Nirac had any concept that putting the poison in Hugh's medicine would have such far-reaching consequences? By the time he dies, do you think he had any regrets about his past actions? Or does he feel he has done everything with honor?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)