Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
4. Where is Katherine buried?
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Katherine go back to Kettlethorpe? Why is it important that this is where she and the duke reunite and eventually marry?
Essay Topic 2
Despite his charisma, John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster, has many insecurities. Describe these insecurities and how they shape his character.
Essay Topic 3
Is it ironic that in Bordeaux, while Katherine tends to her ailing husband and the duke declares his undying love for her, she says she cannot be unfaithful to Hugh? Talk about the internal, emotional tug-of-war that Katherine experiences when it comes to her love for the duke and her feelings toward her abusive husband Hugh.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)