|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to help Katherine and Blanchette escape from the angry mobs?
2. How old is Katherine now?
3. What initially saves Katherine and Blanchette from the mob when they break into the palace?
4. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
5. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
Essay Topic 1
Symbols play a great part in the lives of people during the medieval years. Choose three symbols from the story and explain their significance to the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Brother William the friar is an interesting and important character until his death. Why does he harbor suspicions and resentment toward Katherine? And despite this, why does he stay in service to the duke? How would Katherine's life turned out differently if Brother William had not told her of his beliefs regarding Hugh's death?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Nirac had any concept that putting the poison in Hugh's medicine would have such far-reaching consequences? By the time he dies, do you think he had any regrets about his past actions? Or does he feel he has done everything with honor?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)