|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
4. Where is Katherine buried?
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Katherine go back to Kettlethorpe? Why is it important that this is where she and the duke reunite and eventually marry?
Essay Topic 2
By the time John Ball has led mobs of angry peasants into London, it's clear that there is a great disconnect between the royals and the serfs. The serfs are fed up with their lot and can no longer take it. Can you think of protest in American history that is similar to the peasant's protests against the poll tax and feudalism of medieval England?
Essay Topic 3
Is it ironic that in Bordeaux, while Katherine tends to her ailing husband and the duke declares his undying love for her, she says she cannot be unfaithful to Hugh? Talk about the internal, emotional tug-of-war that Katherine experiences when it comes to her love for the duke and her feelings toward her abusive husband Hugh.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)