|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
4. Where is Katherine buried?
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
Essay Topic 1
By the time John Ball has led mobs of angry peasants into London, it's clear that there is a great disconnect between the royals and the serfs. The serfs are fed up with their lot and can no longer take it. Can you think of protest in American history that is similar to the peasant's protests against the poll tax and feudalism of medieval England?
Essay Topic 2
Katherine versus Costanza. What does each woman bring to the duke? And what do we learn about the duke's ambitions and his insecurities by marrying Costanza?
Essay Topic 3
What are your thoughts on King Richard? Although he's very young, is he cleverer than he leads others to think? In the end, from what you know after reading this story, does he get what he deserves? Or did he end up being another victim in the royal infighting?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)