Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
4. Where is Katherine buried?
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
What are your thoughts on King Richard? Although he's very young, is he cleverer than he leads others to think? In the end, from what you know after reading this story, does he get what he deserves? Or did he end up being another victim in the royal infighting?
Religion plays a large role in the daily lives of people in the middle ages. Explain how two of Katherine's experiences--when she sees the "pyx" pass the Chaucer home and when Hugh's sword falls to the floor at the abbey-- demonstrate this point.
Was it necessary for Katherine to punish herself so severely after the death of Brother William and the subsequent disappearance of her Blanchette? Given the manner in which she was raised, do you think that she could have handled the situation any other way?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)