|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
2. How does Cob manage to gain entry for himself and Katherine into the Pessoners' home?
3. While staying at the Pessoners' home for her safety, Katherine discovers that Hawise's husband is gathering arms to do what?
4. Where is the trial of John Wyclef held, and why there?
5. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Katherine first arrives at the castle with Blanche's funereal procession, the king is described as sad. not just because of the Duchess's death, but also because he recently became a widower himself. Yet, a short while later, the king's mistress, Alice Perrers, turns the royal dinner, held ostensibly to honor the life of Blanche, into a circus. First, describe the dinner setting. Although Alice doesn't have an official title or rank in the royal court, does this event demonstrate power she has over the king, and therefore also over the court?
Essay Topic 2
Despite his charisma, John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster, has many insecurities. Describe these insecurities and how they shape his character.
Essay Topic 3
Katherine's long romance with the duke starts shortly after Hugh dies. However, there are already indications that their romance will be ill-fated. What lies ahead that makes them an ill-fated pair?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)