Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
4. Where is Katherine buried?
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
Essay Topic 1
Religion plays a large role in the daily lives of people in the middle ages. Explain how two of Katherine's experiences--when she sees the "pyx" pass the Chaucer home and when Hugh's sword falls to the floor at the abbey-- demonstrate this point.
Essay Topic 2
At the start of Katherine's story, she leaves the convent for the Queen's court in the company of two nuns and the lustful Long Will. Katherine has great hopes for her life and for finding love. Yet the author writes: "It was a sad pity she could hope for no great marriage". Why does the author say this? Is Katherine doomed?
Essay Topic 3
Despite his charisma, John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster, has many insecurities. Describe these insecurities and how they shape his character.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)