|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's ill and dying
(b) She's no longer in love with him
(c) She's pregnant
(d) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
2. What does the duke do with his children on Maundy Thursday?
(a) Wash the clothing of the poor, give them bread and cheese
(b) Wash the hands of the poor, give them gloves and chocolate
(c) Wash the feet of the poor, feed them, and give them silver
(d) Wait for the poor to enter church, shut the doors and lock them up
3. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
(a) He didn't think he'd become an agnostic
(b) He didn't think the Pessonners would ever let him inside with Katherine
(c) That the peasants would be declared free and that feudalism was abolished
(d) He didn't think that Katherine would ever fall in love with him
4. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(b) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
(c) That she frightens him more than anyone
(d) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
5. Katherine and John visit Hugh's tomb. After which, what happens?
(a) John says he is leaving England forever and wants her to come with him
(b) John announces he is leading a regiment into Prussia
(c) John asks her to marry him
(d) John confesses that he was remarried again
Short Answer Questions
1. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
2. Two nuns arrive at the castle to see Katherine. One is name Ursula, who in fact turns out to be the long-lost Blanchette. Blanchette says she has returned because:
3. Who does Katherine meet who helps her change her life around?
4. Because Katherine doesn't deny that she had hoped for Hugh's death, what does Blanchette now believe?
5. What does Brother William say John Ball is now preaching to the serfs?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)