|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
(a) In Hertford
(b) In Stratford-Upon-Avon
(c) In Castile
(d) In Paris
2. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
(b) It's too large
(c) It has lost its meaning
(d) It's too small
3. How old is Richard of Bordeaux when he's coronated?
4. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
(a) That the wine and the wafer are really the body and blood of the Virgin Mary
(b) The wine and the wafer are mere symbols, not the actual body and blood of Christ
(c) That the wine and the wafer should be replaced by brandy and cake
(d) That it should not be held on Sundays, but on Wednesdays
5. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Baron de la Pole
(c) Robert Sutton
(d) Percy of Northumberland
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Richard has remarried to an eight year old, he occasionally thinks of his dead wife Anne. What are his thoughts regarding her?
2. Robin, playing the Lord of Misrule, shouts "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He then kisses:
3. Richard has no heir, which raises his suspicions toward Katherine. Why?
4. What does Alice Perrers do immediately after the king dies?
5. What is the reaction of the servants to Katherine's return to Kettlethorpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the duke learn when he is denied re-entry into England?
2. The Bishop Courtenay, one of the duke's enemies, tells the angry mobs to stop rioting and go home. What do the mobs do to "content" themselves in the meantime?
3. Where is Katherine now?
4. Does Katherine have a "happy ever after" ending?
5. When John Beaufort comes to see Katherine at Kettlethorpe, what does he tell her?
6. Describe Katherine's appearance after she decides she is responsible for the friar's death and her daughter's disappearance.
7. Katherine goes to the Pessoners for safety. What she discover there?
8. John Ball is once again, now that he has been released from prison, preaching to the angry masses. What is he saying this time?
9. Cob o'Fenton goes to quite a lot of trouble to help Katherine get to safety after the angry peasants break into and destroy Savoy. However, what does he say when they are safe at the Pessoners and she drinks from his mug of ale?
10. It is ironic that Katherine goes back to Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)