|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
(b) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(c) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(d) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
2. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
(a) The Duke
(b) The King
(c) Princess Joan, John's sister and mother of Prince Richard
3. Robin, playing the Lord of Misrule, shouts "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He then kisses:
(a) Princess Joan
4. Who is making bloody threats against the king?
(a) Katherine's son Thomas
(b) Blanchette, who appears out of nowhere
(c) John's brother of Gloucester
(d) Catalina, daughter of Costanza and John
5. What illness does Philippa have?
(a) Old age
(b) Pancreatic cancer
(c) Thyroid disease
(d) Breast cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
2. Now legitimately married to John, and their children legitimized as well, Katherine is back at Windsor Castle. But are the ladies in court happy to have her back?
3. Where does Richard die?
4. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
5. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cob o'Fenton goes to quite a lot of trouble to help Katherine get to safety after the angry peasants break into and destroy Savoy. However, what does he say when they are safe at the Pessoners and she drinks from his mug of ale?
2. Why does Katherine risk revealing her true identity in front of the other peasants in order to save Cob?
3. Just as Katherine and Blanchette have repaired their tenuous relationship, what happens that makes Blanchette go back to mistrusting and even hating Katherine?
4. John Ball is once again, now that he has been released from prison, preaching to the angry masses. What is he saying this time?
5. It is ironic that Katherine goes back to Kettlethorpe?
6. Katherine goes to the Pessoners for safety. What she discover there?
7. Why is the preacher John Ball imprisoned?
8. To what country is the duke assigned, and to do what?
9. The Duke has grown quite mad with his obsession over his heritage. While Katherine talks to him, she learns that someone is at the root of John's fears. Who is this person?
10. What does the duke learn when he is denied re-entry into England?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)