|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Richard rides right up the front line of rebels and tells them that he is now their leader as they wished him to be. How do the rebels react?
(a) They attack him
(b) They are quiet because they remain suspicious
(c) They cheer, because he has fulfilled their wishes
(d) They remain quiet, and one of them says they need to consider his statement
2. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
(a) A mob of angry peasants
(b) No one, John stands in a field waiting and waiting
(c) Percy's son, Little Hotspur
(d) Percy of Northumberland, as promised
3. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) The women in his life
(b) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(c) His lack of war victories
(d) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
4. Two nuns arrive at the castle to see Katherine. One is name Ursula, who in fact turns out to be the long-lost Blanchette. Blanchette says she has returned because:
(a) She has no money or home and nowhere else to go
(b) She could no longer live with her hatred for Katherine
(c) She has been given unprecedented power to absolve Katherine of her sins
(d) She has been ordered by the church to take Katherine to the convent
5. What shocking news does Katherine learn about the king's plans?
(a) He lured the duke back to England to execute him
(b) He will soon strip all royalty and landed gentry of their titles
(c) He lied to the serfs to stop the riots but has no intention of setting them free permanently
(d) He will suggest that all of Europe merge into one, creating a union
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine has great reservations about marrying Robert Sutton, now one of Lincoln's "foremost citizens". Why?
2. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
3. In a conversation with Katherine, Brother William tells her that Pieter and the two monks have been banished to Cyprus. He also tells her to:
4. Where is the trial of John Wyclef held, and why there?
5. Richard has no heir, which raises his suspicions toward Katherine. Why?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)