|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do after the Duke of Lancaster's death?
(a) He executes every last member of the Lancaster clan
(b) He goes into seclusion in the tower and mourns his death for six months
(c) He kicks Katherine and her children out of Windsor
(d) He confiscates all of the Lancastrian estates
2. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
(b) It's too large
(c) It's too small
(d) It has lost its meaning
3. How is John Ball punished for inciting revolt against the poll tax?
(a) He is sent to the salt mines of Russia
(b) He is banished from England
(c) He is imprisoned in Kent
(d) He is sent to labor in the grape yards of Italy
4. Where does Richard die?
(a) In a remote castle where he starves to death under the constable, Thomas Swynford
(b) In France
(c) In Waltham Abbey
(d) In Windsor Castle
5. Janet, Katherine's daughter-in-law, has a theory about why Katherine doesn't see her son Thomas much. What is Janet's theory?
(a) Katherine doesn't like Janet
(b) Katherine prefers her illegitimate children with thedDuke to her natural children with Hugh
(c) Katherine is removing herself from society
(d) Katherine thinks Thomas is unpleasant like his late father
Short Answer Questions
1. The king reads the message from John and decides:
2. Who tries to help Katherine and Blanchette escape from the angry mobs?
3. Two years later the Duke of Lancaster dies after only how many years of being legitimately married to Katherine?
4. How does Katherine feel about being back at Kettlethorpe?
5. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
Short Essay Questions
1. King Richard turned out to be quite deceptive. Do you think he got what he deserved in the end?
2. The Duke has grown quite mad with his obsession over his heritage. While Katherine talks to him, she learns that someone is at the root of John's fears. Who is this person?
3. While Katherine stays in a pilgrim hostel in Waltham, she learns that the king will soon be arriving there, too. What do some of the people there believe the king will be doing?
4. How does Thomas, Katherine's first child and her son with Hugh, feel about her?
5. Katherine regains her memory of the events following Brother William's death and the flight of Blanchette. Where and to whom does she go to seek help in finding Blanchette?
6. What state of mind is the duke now in?
7. To what country is the duke assigned, and to do what?
8. Although Alice Perrers is free again and with the king, this status is short-lived when what happens? And what does she do?
9. When the news arrives that Trastamare and the king of France are dead, Spain and France are essentially both leaderless. The throne of Castile is now within the duke's grasp. Although Katherine worries about being around Costanza, what does she realize most about the duke's ambitions?
10. Describe Katherine's appearance after she decides she is responsible for the friar's death and her daughter's disappearance.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)