|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Katherine doesn't deny that she had hoped for Hugh's death, what does Blanchette now believe?
(a) Brother William could have saved her father's life but didn't try
(b) Life is short and one must savor every moment
(c) Her mother murdered her father
(d) There must have been a good, solid reason for Katherine's actions
2. King Richard and his queen are about to travel through England on a goodwill tour to boost his popularity. Their visit to Lincoln will be their first in how many years?
3. Who tries to help Katherine and Blanchette escape from the angry mobs?
(a) Brother William
(b) Princess Joan
(c) The Earl of March
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
4. At Our Lady of Walsingham's shrine, what miracle does Katherine pray for?
(a) John's return
(b) Blanchette's return
(c) Hugh's return
(d) Costanza's death
5. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
(a) Robert Sutton
(b) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(c) Percy of Northumberland
(d) Baron de la Pole
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
2. Thomas Swynford is now nineteen and a knight. Who does he serve?
3. What illness does Philippa have?
4. John Ball leads mobs across England, demanding the heads of:
5. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Pessoners for safety. What she discover there?
2. Just as Katherine and Blanchette have repaired their tenuous relationship, what happens that makes Blanchette go back to mistrusting and even hating Katherine?
3. King Richard turned out to be quite deceptive. Do you think he got what he deserved in the end?
4. Although Alice Perrers is free again and with the king, this status is short-lived when what happens? And what does she do?
5. While Katherine stays in a pilgrim hostel in Waltham, she learns that the king will soon be arriving there, too. What do some of the people there believe the king will be doing?
6. The Duke has grown quite mad with his obsession over his heritage. While Katherine talks to him, she learns that someone is at the root of John's fears. Who is this person?
7. At the raucous wedding of Henry of Bolingbroke to Anne of Bohemia, Robin, playing a comic character called the Lord of Misrule shouts: "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He kisses Katherine. How does the duke respond to this incident?
8. Katherine regains her memory of the events following Brother William's death and the flight of Blanchette. Where and to whom does she go to seek help in finding Blanchette?
9. Describe Katherine's appearance after she decides she is responsible for the friar's death and her daughter's disappearance.
10. John Ball is once again, now that he has been released from prison, preaching to the angry masses. What is he saying this time?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)