|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
(b) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
(c) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(d) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
2. What does the duke do with his children on Maundy Thursday?
(a) Wash the feet of the poor, feed them, and give them silver
(b) Wash the clothing of the poor, give them bread and cheese
(c) Wash the hands of the poor, give them gloves and chocolate
(d) Wait for the poor to enter church, shut the doors and lock them up
3. How old is Richard of Bordeaux when he's coronated?
4. In 1397, who did Richard have killed to save his throne?
(a) Guy le Pessoner, fishmonger
(b) Little Hotspur, Percy's son
(c) His uncle Thomas, Duke of Gloucester
(d) His uncle John, Duke of Lancaster
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(b) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) The Duke's shield, painted in red
Short Answer Questions
1. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
2. John Ball leads mobs across England, demanding the heads of:
3. What does Alice Perrers do immediately after the king dies?
4. Because Katherine doesn't deny that she had hoped for Hugh's death, what does Blanchette now believe?
5. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)