Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
(a) They live in sin
(b) She fears being beheaded for her father's sins
(c) It's not convenient for her
(d) It's embarrassing to her
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Sew a really nice dress for her
(b) Serve as her maid
(c) Attend mass with her
(d) Serve as her personal chef
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(b) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(c) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
5. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(a) A bad heart
(b) Water-elf sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
2. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
3. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
5. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
Short Essay Questions
1. It is now 1395. What has happened to Costanza?
2. Although Alice Perrers is free again and with the king, this status is short-lived when what happens? And what does she do?
3. Who breaks up the fight between Roger DeCheyne and Hugh Swynford? And how does Katherine react to this?
4. At first, the atmosphere surrounding Blanches' funeral and burial is very solemn, very sad. But it turns jovial and circus-like during the supper at court. What happens?
5. Despite Hugh's death and pledging their undying love for each other, Katherine and the duke cannot marry. Why?
6. What happens between Nirac and Hugh that foreshadows trouble ahead?
7. Katherine goes to the Pessoners for safety. What she discover there?
8. King Richard turned out to be quite deceptive. Do you think he got what he deserved in the end?
9. Katherine and John enjoy only three married years together. She lives another four years, during which Richard confiscates all Lancastrian estates and watches her son Henry return to England and fight for his rights. Did you ever think she should have just remained at Kettlethorpe and not married the duke?
10. Just as Katherine and Blanchette have repaired their tenuous relationship, what happens that makes Blanchette go back to mistrusting and even hating Katherine?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)