Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Katherine now?
(d) It's unclear. The narrator doesn't ever reveal Katherine's true age
2. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
(a) She doesn't like Scotland, so they'll have to arrange meeting elsewhere
(b) She saw the Pooka Hound of Kettelthorpe
(c) She thinks their love is in danger
(d) She is expecting twins
3. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
(a) John confesses he doesn't like the Scots
(b) John says he's not a traitor and stands by his king
(c) John confesses he can't communicate with the Scots because of their accent
(d) He cannot be without Katherine
4. Where is Katherine buried?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral
(b) The National Cathedral
(c) In a small Swynford family plot
(d) Lincoln Cathedral
5. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
(a) The Earl of March violently intervenes
(b) The Duke of Lancaster violently intervenes
(c) Thomas suddenly becomes invisible
(d) Thomas puts it on and falls to the ground
6. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
(a) No one, John stands in a field waiting and waiting
(b) A mob of angry peasants
(c) Percy's son, Little Hotspur
(d) Percy of Northumberland, as promised
7. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
(b) He gets killed by the king's men
(c) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
(d) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
8. Guy Pessoner visits Katherine and tells her that the king, Princess Joan, the archbishop, the treasurer, and a few other lords have hidden themselves in the tower because:
(a) The king and his coterie enjoy literally looking down on the peasants
(b) The king feels he's neglected the tower and wants to revisit it
(c) The mobs of peasants, angry over the tax poll and feudalism, are after them
(d) The king needs help getting over his fear of heights
9. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(b) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
(c) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
(d) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
10. Lady Julian helps Katherine realize and feel the real love of God. Katherine then surprises herself by returning to:
(a) The Pessoners' home
(b) Sheppey Priory
11. Katherine receives a letter from the duke in which he requests she bring his daughter Philippa to Savoy for what reason?
(a) Costanza likes her and wants her at Savoy
(b) To discuss marriage negotiations
(c) He wants to tell her in person that she's going to a convent
(d) He wants to find a good university for her
12. Who does Katherine meet who helps her change her life around?
(a) Cob o'Fenton
(b) The King's squire
(c) Lady Julian
(d) Father Clement
13. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
(a) He shakes her violently
(b) He waves ammonia under her nose
(c) He slaps her a few times
(d) He rolls her into a nearby brook
14. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(b) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) The Duke's shield, painted in red
15. Who does the king's squire, Robin, think is a challenge for the duke?
(b) The peasants
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The wealthy bishops
Short Answer Questions
1. In a quiet, blissful moment, John and Katherine hear a shrill trumpet followed by the sight of a king's herald galloping toward the castle. John's tone changes into a "down-dragging voice". Why?
2. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
3. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
4. Katherine's daughter Joan says her brother Thomas hates the king, saying he describes the king as:
5. While staying at the Pessoners' home for her safety, Katherine discovers that Hawise's husband is gathering arms to do what?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)