|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
(a) Percy of Northumberland
(b) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(c) Baron de la Pole
(d) Robert Sutton
2. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) It's too large
(b) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
(c) It's too small
(d) It has lost its meaning
3. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
(a) He has given up inciting riots and is just planning to assassinate the duke in Scotland
(b) He has been released from prison and is starting riots in Kent
(c) He has escaped the salt mines in Russia and is on his way to Scotland
(d) He was released from prison for good behavior and is running for a seat in the House of Commons
4. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
(a) That the wine and the wafer are really the body and blood of the Virgin Mary
(b) The wine and the wafer are mere symbols, not the actual body and blood of Christ
(c) That the wine and the wafer should be replaced by brandy and cake
(d) That it should not be held on Sundays, but on Wednesdays
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) Roger DeCheyne
(d) The King's Squire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
2. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
3. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
4. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
5. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)