|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine's daughter Joan says her brother Thomas hates the king, saying he describes the king as:
(a) So sickly he could knock him down by just touching him
(b) Uglier than the Hunchback of Notre Dame
(c) Womanish, soft-bellied and two-tongued
(d) Scarier than the devil
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(b) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(c) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(d) Uglier and the property much smaller
3. How does Cob manage to gain entry for himself and Katherine into the Pessoners' home?
(a) He offers Katherine's purse with the jewels inside
(b) He sneaks in the through the back, which is unlocked
(c) He gives them a barrel of fine wine he took from the castle
(d) He bangs the door down
4. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
(a) Princess Joan
(b) Eleanor de Bohun
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(b) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(c) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
Short Answer Questions
1. Guy Pessoner visits Katherine and tells her that the king, Princess Joan, the archbishop, the treasurer, and a few other lords have hidden themselves in the tower because:
2. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
3. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
4. Right before Brother William dies, what does he tell Katherine about Hugh's death?
5. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)