|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(b) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(c) He has nothing else to do
(d) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
2. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) One of the servants
(b) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(c) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(d) Hawise, the daughter
3. In a quiet, blissful moment, John and Katherine hear a shrill trumpet followed by the sight of a king's herald galloping toward the castle. John's tone changes into a "down-dragging voice". Why?
(a) He wants to stay in the garden with Katherine
(b) He has a foreboding of danger
(c) He thinks his Castilian daughter has sent a mean message
(d) He thinks the king is calling him to another dinner he doesn't want to attend
4. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
(a) The Earl of March violently intervenes
(b) Thomas puts it on and falls to the ground
(c) The Duke of Lancaster violently intervenes
(d) Thomas suddenly becomes invisible
5. Despite telling the Captal that he only loves Katherine, what must John do?
(a) Marry Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Marry Alice Perrers to make her
(c) Remain single and celibate
(d) Marry an eight-year-old princess from Italy
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
2. John has one request in his letter to Katherine:
3. Who is now the master at Kettlethorpe?
4. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)