|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is making bloody threats against the king?
(a) Blanchette, who appears out of nowhere
(b) John's brother of Gloucester
(c) Katherine's son Thomas
(d) Catalina, daughter of Costanza and John
2. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
(a) He slaps her a few times
(b) He rolls her into a nearby brook
(c) He waves ammonia under her nose
(d) He shakes her violently
3. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
(b) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(c) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(d) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(c) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(d) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(b) Horse and buggy
(c) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(d) None. She walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
2. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
3. Katherine stays in a pilgrim hotel in Waltham. She hears the king will be arriving and hopes:
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
5. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)