|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two nuns arrive at the castle to see Katherine. One is name Ursula, who in fact turns out to be the long-lost Blanchette. Blanchette says she has returned because:
(a) She has been given unprecedented power to absolve Katherine of her sins
(b) She has been ordered by the church to take Katherine to the convent
(c) She could no longer live with her hatred for Katherine
(d) She has no money or home and nowhere else to go
2. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(b) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
(c) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(d) He vows to give England to Castile
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(d) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(c) Costanza's husband, the duke
(d) Jack, Hawise's husband
5. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
(a) He has escaped the salt mines in Russia and is on his way to Scotland
(b) He was released from prison for good behavior and is running for a seat in the House of Commons
(c) He has given up inciting riots and is just planning to assassinate the duke in Scotland
(d) He has been released from prison and is starting riots in Kent
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
2. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
3. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
4. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
5. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)