|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(a) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
(d) A meeting with the Pope
2. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
(a) With the opportunity for England to take Castile, Costanza may not tolerate having Katherine around
(b) She worries that Costanza will move to France and make John come there, too
(c) She worries that she'll have to study French
(d) She worries that John will move to France and love a French woman
3. After signing truce agreements with Scotland, the duke suddenly learns he cannot:
(b) Live with Katherine anywhere in the kingdom
(c) Re-enter Castile
(d) Re-enter England.
4. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
(a) Ironing the bed sheets so they're very crisp
(b) Taking a nap in the big bed
(c) Shaking a roawn branch over the bed and muttering a curse hoping that Katherine will no longer conceive
(d) Removing the bed so that John and Katherine cannot conceive
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To stay until he feels better
(b) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(c) To leave
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. What does Katherine tell John when she returns to Bordeaux?
4. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
5. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)