|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(b) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
(c) That she frightens him more than anyone
(d) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
2. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(b) She no longer feels the same way toward him
(c) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
(d) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
3. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Costanza's husband, the duke
(b) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(c) Jack, Hawise's husband
(d) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
4. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(b) He doesn't give a reason
(c) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
(d) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
5. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That she's being transferred to another convent
(b) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That someone has hired her as a governess
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin, playing the Lord of Misrule, shouts "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He then kisses:
2. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
3. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
4. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
5. What does John discover upon his return to England?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)