|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine and John visit Hugh's tomb. After which, what happens?
(a) John confesses that he was remarried again
(b) John asks her to marry him
(c) John announces he is leading a regiment into Prussia
(d) John says he is leaving England forever and wants her to come with him
2. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
(a) He snickers and says Hugh got what he deserved
(b) With deep sadness
(c) He thanks Nirac for being a great loyal servant
(d) With joy
3. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
(a) She says nothing, thinking the silent treatment is the best response
(b) She tells Katherine she's wonderful and glad to have half-siblings
(c) She calls Katherine a lovely creature
(d) She calls Katherine the duke's creature who gives birth to his bastards
4. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She is sick with a bad cold
(b) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
5. Who does the king's squire, Robin, think is a challenge for the duke?
(a) The wealthy bishops
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The peasants
Short Answer Questions
1. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
2. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
3. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
4. Katherine's daughter Joan says her brother Thomas hates the king, saying he describes the king as:
5. As Katherine approaches Walsingham, she thinks of one word to describe her life since leaving the convent. What is that word?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)