|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying at the Pessoners' home for her safety, Katherine discovers that Hawise's husband is gathering arms to do what?
(a) Practice shooting
(b) Use against the duke
(c) To give to the French
(d) To give to the Cantons
2. What confession does Pieter make when surrounded by Appleton and others?
(a) That Katherine and John are actually siblings
(b) That Alice Perrers is John's real mother
(c) That Bishop Courtenay is in fact John's father
(d) He says that the Bishop Courtenay paid him to make placards about the falseness of John's heritage
3. Katherine initially decides against seeing John again. But Harry convinces her to be a part of the reunion because:
(a) He has hired a portrait artist to paint all of them together
(b) He hasn't had time to arrange an escort for her to go elsewhere
(c) He is afraid of being alone with John
(d) Leaving might prejudice the children against him
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
(b) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(c) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(d) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
5. What does Alice Perrers do immediately after the king dies?
(a) Takes some of his jewelry and flees
(b) Makes a pass at his brother
(c) Goes insane and locks herself up in a tower
(d) Poisons herself and climbs into his tomb
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
3. What does Geoffrey Chaucer feel about Katherine's relationship with John?
4. Richard has no heir, which raises his suspicions toward Katherine. Why?
5. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)