|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) It's too large
(b) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
(c) It's too small
(d) It has lost its meaning
2. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
(b) He gets killed by the king's men
(c) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
(d) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
3. Guy Pessoner visits Katherine and tells her that the king, Princess Joan, the archbishop, the treasurer, and a few other lords have hidden themselves in the tower because:
(a) The king and his coterie enjoy literally looking down on the peasants
(b) The mobs of peasants, angry over the tax poll and feudalism, are after them
(c) The king feels he's neglected the tower and wants to revisit it
(d) The king needs help getting over his fear of heights
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That someone has hired her as a governess
(b) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(c) That she's being transferred to another convent
(d) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
5. Katherine and John visit Hugh's tomb. After which, what happens?
(a) John asks her to marry him
(b) John confesses that he was remarried again
(c) John announces he is leading a regiment into Prussia
(d) John says he is leaving England forever and wants her to come with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What confession does Pieter make when surrounded by Appleton and others?
2. What does Katherine tell John when she returns to Bordeaux?
3. John Ball leads mobs across England, demanding the heads of:
4. Janet, Katherine's daughter-in-law, has a theory about why Katherine doesn't see her son Thomas much. What is Janet's theory?
5. What shocking news does Katherine learn about the king's plans?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)