|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(c) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(d) He faints
2. How have John's concerns about his heritage affected him?
(a) He's too busy to think about those problems
(b) He's obsessed, on the verge of madness
(c) Hardly, he's as cool as ever
(d) He feels the matter is resolved and doesn't understand why others are still questioning whether he's the king's son
3. When Katherine reaches Hugh in Aquitaine, he's as ill-tempered as ever. But he softens up when she tells him about:
(a) Their children
(b) A magic potion that will heal him instantly
(c) A new wine venture she has started that's sure to be successful
(d) The money they're making from their estates
4. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
(b) He wants her permission to marry a queen
(c) He wants to see if he's over her
(d) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(d) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
3. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
4. Katherine stays in a pilgrim hotel in Waltham. She hears the king will be arriving and hopes:
5. At Our Lady of Walsingham's shrine, what miracle does Katherine pray for?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)