|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(a) A declaration to close the convent
(b) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(d) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
2. How does Katherine feel about being back at Kettlethorpe?
(a) She is punishing herself with memories of Hugh
(b) She sees it as a chance to decorate it her way
(c) She now appreciates it
(d) It makes her sick but she has to push herself to endure being there
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Beautifully manicured
(b) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(c) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(d) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
4. John has one request in his letter to Katherine:
(a) To not be present when he visits
(b) To not be at Kettlethorpe but at a nearby location during his visit
(c) To stay and see him with the children
(d) To switch places with him
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her hand lightly
(b) He kisses her left foot
(c) He kisses her passionately
(d) He slaps her across the face
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Philippa engaged?
2. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
3. After signing truce agreements with Scotland, the duke suddenly learns he cannot:
4. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)