|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six/Thirty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Richard of Bordeaux when he's coronated?
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
3. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
(a) He sees the ghost of his wife everywhere and is scared
(b) He's thinking of changing the law so that he can have multiple wives
(c) He loves her and cannot live without her
(d) He has become a cleric
4. Katherine initially decides against seeing John again. But Harry convinces her to be a part of the reunion because:
(a) Leaving might prejudice the children against him
(b) He has hired a portrait artist to paint all of them together
(c) He is afraid of being alone with John
(d) He hasn't had time to arrange an escort for her to go elsewhere
5. How does Katherine feel about being back at Kettlethorpe?
(a) She is punishing herself with memories of Hugh
(b) She now appreciates it
(c) It makes her sick but she has to push herself to endure being there
(d) She sees it as a chance to decorate it her way
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
2. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
3. King Richard rides right up the front line of rebels and tells them that he is now their leader as they wished him to be. How do the rebels react?
4. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)