|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(c) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
2. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
(b) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
(c) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(d) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
3. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her left foot
(b) He slaps her across the face
(c) He kisses her passionately
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
4. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(b) Robert Sutton
5. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(b) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(c) He has nothing else to do
(d) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
Short Answer Questions
1. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
2. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
3. The king reads the message from John and decides:
4. How have John's concerns about his heritage affected him?
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)