|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(b) Beautifully manicured
(c) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(d) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(b) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(c) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(d) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
3. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
(a) He waves ammonia under her nose
(b) He rolls her into a nearby brook
(c) He shakes her violently
(d) He slaps her a few times
4. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) In childbirth
(b) She took her own life
(c) From a mysterious disease
(d) She was trampled by a horse
5. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Serve as her maid
(b) Sew a really nice dress for her
(c) Serve as her personal chef
(d) Attend mass with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
4. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)