|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) It's a draw
(c) Hugh wins
(d) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(b) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(c) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(d) Beautifully manicured
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(a) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(b) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
(c) A declaration to close the convent
5. How is John Ball punished for inciting revolt against the poll tax?
(a) He is sent to labor in the grape yards of Italy
(b) He is banished from England
(c) He is imprisoned in Kent
(d) He is sent to the salt mines of Russia
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
2. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
3. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
4. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
5. Why can't Katherine go home?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)