|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
(a) She worries that she'll have to study French
(b) She worries that John will move to France and love a French woman
(c) With the opportunity for England to take Castile, Costanza may not tolerate having Katherine around
(d) She worries that Costanza will move to France and make John come there, too
2. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The King's Squire
(d) Roger DeCheyne
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
4. After signing truce agreements with Scotland, the duke suddenly learns he cannot:
(a) Re-enter England.
(b) Re-enter Castile
(c) Live with Katherine anywhere in the kingdom
5. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) John owes them money
(d) John is actually not English, but French
Short Answer Questions
1. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
2. Where is the trial of John Wyclef held, and why there?
3. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
4. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
5. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)