|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right before Brother William dies, what does he tell Katherine about Hugh's death?
(a) He believes she and the duke orchestrated it
(b) He wishes it had happened sooner
(c) He believes John's sister Isabel was behind it
(d) He believes Geoffrey Chaucer poisoned Hugh's medicine
2. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
(a) He rolls her into a nearby brook
(b) He waves ammonia under her nose
(c) He shakes her violently
(d) He slaps her a few times
3. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
(a) The Duke wants to banish her from England
(b) The Duke wants to declare his love for her
(c) The Duke suspects her of killing Blanche
(d) The Duke is making arrangements to send her back to the convent
4. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry won't attend the festivities
(b) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(c) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(d) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(b) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(c) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(d) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. Why can't Katherine go home?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
5. The king reads the message from John and decides:
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)