|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
(a) John confesses he can't communicate with the Scots because of their accent
(b) John confesses he doesn't like the Scots
(c) He cannot be without Katherine
(d) John says he's not a traitor and stands by his king
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
3. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
(b) He gets killed by the king's men
(c) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
(d) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
4. What initially saves Katherine and Blanchette from the mob when they break into the palace?
(a) Their fake cockney accents, which make them sound like peasants.
(b) Their plain faces without makeup. They are unrecognizable without color.
(c) Their big English hats. It conceals their faces.
(d) Their dull grey clothing. It conceals who they are.
5. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's sister
(b) Alice Perrer's older sister
(c) John of Gaunt's mother
(d) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
4. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
5. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)