|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is actually not English, but French
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) John owes them money
2. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) The king
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(d) Hugh Swynford
4. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
5. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
(a) It's not convenient for her
(b) It's embarrassing to her
(c) They live in sin
(d) She fears being beheaded for her father's sins
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
2. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
4. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
5. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)