|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) That love conquers all.
(b) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(c) Always question who your parents are.
(d) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is meaner than before
(b) She is overly demanding
(c) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(d) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(b) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
4. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
(a) Thomas suddenly becomes invisible
(b) Thomas puts it on and falls to the ground
(c) The Earl of March violently intervenes
(d) The Duke of Lancaster violently intervenes
5. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(b) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(c) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(d) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
2. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
3. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
4. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)