|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the king's squire, Robin, think is a challenge for the duke?
(a) The peasants
(c) The wealthy bishops
(d) Katherine and Costanza
2. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
(a) That the wine and the wafer are really the body and blood of the Virgin Mary
(b) That it should not be held on Sundays, but on Wednesdays
(c) That the wine and the wafer should be replaced by brandy and cake
(d) The wine and the wafer are mere symbols, not the actual body and blood of Christ
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) One of the servants
(b) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(c) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(d) Hawise, the daughter
4. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
(b) That he believes Katherine is a witch
(c) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(d) The size of the mob approaching them
5. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
(b) The women in his life
(c) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(d) His lack of war victories
Short Answer Questions
1. Suddenly, Blanchette becomes ill for a month. Who looks after her during her illness?
2. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
3. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
4. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
5. What does John discover upon his return to England?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)