|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) That she's pregnant
(b) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(c) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
2. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(b) That she's being transferred to another convent
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That someone has hired her as a governess
3. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's ill and dying
(b) She's no longer in love with him
(c) She's pregnant
(d) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
4. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) A suit of armor
(c) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(b) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(d) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
3. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
4. Who tries to help Katherine and Blanchette escape from the angry mobs?
5. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)