|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(b) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(c) To stay until he feels better
(d) To leave
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) The King
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) Alice Perrers
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She is sick with a bad cold
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
4. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
(a) He cannot be without Katherine
(b) John confesses he can't communicate with the Scots because of their accent
(c) John says he's not a traitor and stands by his king
(d) John confesses he doesn't like the Scots
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is meaner than before
(b) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(c) She is overly demanding
(d) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
Short Answer Questions
1. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
2. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
5. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)