|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
2. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(b) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(c) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(d) A four-foot high cross, painted red
3. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The King and the Prince of Wales
(b) Isolda and Pieter
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
4. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(b) He has nothing else to do
(c) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(d) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
5. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) The size of the mob approaching them
(b) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(c) That he believes Katherine is a witch
(d) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
2. On what day of what year does Henry of Bolingbroke get married?
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
4. What does Cob do to reawaken the unconscious Katherine?
5. What does Brother William say John Ball is now preaching to the serfs?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)