|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) She has discovered that she cannot have children
2. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's no longer in love with him
(b) She's pregnant
(c) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
(d) She's ill and dying
3. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) In childbirth
(b) She was trampled by a horse
(c) She took her own life
(d) From a mysterious disease
4. What important event takes place in April 1369?
(a) Castile is declared the capital of continental Europe
(b) England declares war with France again
(c) France surrenders to England
(d) The king gets the bishop to stop the rain from falling
5. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
(b) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
(c) He gets killed by the king's men
(d) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
5. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)