|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(b) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(c) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(d) She finds Katherine to be bad company
2. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
(a) He was released from prison for good behavior and is running for a seat in the House of Commons
(b) He has given up inciting riots and is just planning to assassinate the duke in Scotland
(c) He has been released from prison and is starting riots in Kent
(d) He has escaped the salt mines in Russia and is on his way to Scotland
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(b) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(c) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
4. What confession does Pieter make when surrounded by Appleton and others?
(a) He says that the Bishop Courtenay paid him to make placards about the falseness of John's heritage
(b) That Bishop Courtenay is in fact John's father
(c) That Katherine and John are actually siblings
(d) That Alice Perrers is John's real mother
5. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
(a) That the peasants would be declared free and that feudalism was abolished
(b) He didn't think the Pessonners would ever let him inside with Katherine
(c) He didn't think that Katherine would ever fall in love with him
(d) He didn't think he'd become an agnostic
Short Answer Questions
1. After signing truce agreements with Scotland, the duke suddenly learns he cannot:
2. What does Brother William say John Ball is now preaching to the serfs?
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
4. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)