|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying at the Pessoners' home for her safety, Katherine discovers that Hawise's husband is gathering arms to do what?
(a) To give to the French
(b) Practice shooting
(c) Use against the duke
(d) To give to the Cantons
2. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
(a) Corruption and treason
(b) Impersonating the king
(c) Trying to seize the throne
(d) Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich
3. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A barmaid
(b) A charity wench
(c) Princess Katherine
(d) A goddess
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(c) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(d) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
2. Robin, playing the Lord of Misrule, shouts "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He then kisses:
3. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
4. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
5. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)