|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey Chaucer feel about Katherine's relationship with John?
(a) He thinks it will be great source material for his next work
(b) That it's inappropriate
(c) He could care less
(d) He approves
2. Katherine receives a letter from the duke in which he requests she bring his daughter Philippa to Savoy for what reason?
(a) He wants to find a good university for her
(b) To discuss marriage negotiations
(c) Costanza likes her and wants her at Savoy
(d) He wants to tell her in person that she's going to a convent
3. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Migraine headaches
(b) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Strange shaking
4. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(c) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(d) He faints
5. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's no longer in love with him
(b) She's ill and dying
(c) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
(d) She's pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
3. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
4. In a conversation with Katherine, Brother William tells her that Pieter and the two monks have been banished to Cyprus. He also tells her to:
5. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)