|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
(a) Putting Hugh on the front lines in battle
(b) Poisoning Hugh
(c) Poisoning Katherine
(d) Poisoning Costanza
2. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(b) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(d) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
3. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
(a) With joy
(b) He thanks Nirac for being a great loyal servant
(c) With deep sadness
(d) He snickers and says Hugh got what he deserved
4. Who does the king's squire, Robin, think is a challenge for the duke?
(a) Katherine and Costanza
(b) The peasants
(c) The wealthy bishops
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(d) She's leaving him and not to look for her
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
2. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
3. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)