|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Hugh Swynford
(b) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(c) The king
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
2. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) That she frightens him more than anyone
(b) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(c) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
(d) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
3. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's pregnant
(b) She's ill and dying
(c) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
(d) She's no longer in love with him
4. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(c) He faints
(d) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
5. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(b) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(d) Alice Perrers, his mistress
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
4. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)