|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(b) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(c) They are civil to one another.
(d) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) The King
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) Alice Perrers
3. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(c) None. She walks.
(d) Horse and buggy
4. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A goddess
(b) A charity wench
(c) Princess Katherine
(d) A barmaid
5. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
(a) Resigns his commission and moves to the countryside to become a farmer
(b) Secretly tells Costanza what is really going on
(d) Takes some drug and tells the Friar about the duke and Katherine
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
2. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
3. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
4. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)