|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) Roger DeCheyne
(b) The Duke of Lancaster
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) The King's Squire
2. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(c) He faints
(d) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(b) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
(d) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
4. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is actually not English, but French
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(d) John owes them money
5. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
(b) Nothing. He's just a crazy dog
(d) Long life and prosperity
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Richard of Bordeaux when he's coronated?
2. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
3. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
4. In a conversation with Katherine, Brother William tells her that Pieter and the two monks have been banished to Cyprus. He also tells her to:
5. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)