|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(c) Robert Sutton
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Isabel, John's sister
(b) Gueneviere, John's sister
(c) Isolda, John's mother
(d) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
3. What is disturbing John most at this point in his life?
(a) The rumors circulating that he is a changeling
(b) That his brother, the Prince of Wales, is more handsome
(c) That Geoffrey Chaucer isn't writing a biography of him
(d) That no one will fully accept his relationship with Katherine
4. On what day of what year does Henry of Bolingbroke get married?
(a) July 15, 1380
(b) Christmas Day, 1380
(c) March 15, 1380
(d) New Year's Day, 1380
5. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's no longer in love with him
(b) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
(c) She's ill and dying
(d) She's pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine receives a letter from the duke in which he requests she bring his daughter Philippa to Savoy for what reason?
2. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
3. How have John's concerns about his heritage affected him?
4. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
5. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)