|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) She is sick with a bad cold
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
2. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
(a) The way he is dressed
(b) Having lunch with Alice Perrers
(c) Getting a measure passed for the hanging of Alice Perrers
(d) Taking a nap after the session
3. What important event takes place in April 1369?
(a) England declares war with France again
(b) Castile is declared the capital of continental Europe
(c) The king gets the bishop to stop the rain from falling
(d) France surrenders to England
4. When Katherine reaches Hugh in Aquitaine, he's as ill-tempered as ever. But he softens up when she tells him about:
(a) Their children
(b) The money they're making from their estates
(c) A magic potion that will heal him instantly
(d) A new wine venture she has started that's sure to be successful
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
2. What is disturbing John most at this point in his life?
3. Suddenly, Blanchette becomes ill for a month. Who looks after her during her illness?
4. Where is the trial of John Wyclef held, and why there?
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)