|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Roger wins
(c) It's a draw
(d) Hugh wins
3. How have John's concerns about his heritage affected him?
(a) He's too busy to think about those problems
(b) He feels the matter is resolved and doesn't understand why others are still questioning whether he's the king's son
(c) He's obsessed, on the verge of madness
(d) Hardly, he's as cool as ever
4. When Katherine reaches Hugh in Aquitaine, he's as ill-tempered as ever. But he softens up when she tells him about:
(a) Their children
(b) A magic potion that will heal him instantly
(c) The money they're making from their estates
(d) A new wine venture she has started that's sure to be successful
5. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry won't attend the festivities
(b) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(c) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
(d) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
Short Answer Questions
1. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
2. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
5. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)