|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is John Ball punished for inciting revolt against the poll tax?
(a) He is sent to the salt mines of Russia
(b) He is imprisoned in Kent
(c) He is banished from England
(d) He is sent to labor in the grape yards of Italy
2. When Katherine reaches Hugh in Aquitaine, he's as ill-tempered as ever. But he softens up when she tells him about:
(a) A magic potion that will heal him instantly
(b) Their children
(c) The money they're making from their estates
(d) A new wine venture she has started that's sure to be successful
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(b) A token for luck
(c) A big wet kiss
(d) A blessing before battle
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That someone has hired her as a governess
(b) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(c) That she's being transferred to another convent
(d) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(b) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(c) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(d) The duke's shield, turned upside down
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
3. On what day of what year does Henry of Bolingbroke get married?
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)