|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) She was trampled by a horse
(b) From a mysterious disease
(c) She took her own life
(d) In childbirth
2. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
(a) Hugh didn't want to live anymore
(b) Hugh's bowel burst
(c) Hugh might have had a heart attack
(d) Hugh died of internal bleeding
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(b) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola will smother her with affection
4. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(b) The king
(c) Hugh Swynford
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
2. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
3. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
4. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
5. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)