|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(b) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(c) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(d) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
(b) A suit of armor
(c) A bible
(d) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
3. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
4. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To stay until he feels better
(b) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To leave
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(c) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(d) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
2. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. When Katherine reaches Hugh in Aquitaine, he's as ill-tempered as ever. But he softens up when she tells him about:
5. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)