|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
(a) She says nothing, thinking the silent treatment is the best response
(b) She calls Katherine a lovely creature
(c) She tells Katherine she's wonderful and glad to have half-siblings
(d) She calls Katherine the duke's creature who gives birth to his bastards
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) Isolda and Pieter
(b) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(c) The King and the Prince of Wales
(d) Katherine and Costanza
3. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
(a) Hugh didn't want to live anymore
(b) Hugh died of internal bleeding
(c) Hugh's bowel burst
(d) Hugh might have had a heart attack
4. What confession does Pieter make when surrounded by Appleton and others?
(a) That Alice Perrers is John's real mother
(b) That Bishop Courtenay is in fact John's father
(c) He says that the Bishop Courtenay paid him to make placards about the falseness of John's heritage
(d) That Katherine and John are actually siblings
5. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
(b) Princess Joan
(c) Eleanor de Bohun
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
2. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
3. In a conversation with Brother William, what does Katherine discover about the preacher John Ball?
4. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)