|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Strange nightmarish visions
(b) Migraine headaches
(c) Strange shaking
3. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
(a) Ironing the bed sheets so they're very crisp
(b) Shaking a roawn branch over the bed and muttering a curse hoping that Katherine will no longer conceive
(c) Removing the bed so that John and Katherine cannot conceive
(d) Taking a nap in the big bed
4. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's mother
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
5. In a conversation with Katherine, Brother William tells her that Pieter and the two monks have been banished to Cyprus. He also tells her to:
(a) Give up her love for John because he's really in love with Costanza
(b) Get on the next ship to anywhere because there's a reward for her head
(c) Find a way to convince the king to allow unmarried couples to live without shame
(d) Give up her love for John because he foresees it ending in disaster
Short Answer Questions
1. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
2. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
4. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
5. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)