|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(a) Low blood-sugar
2. What is the Captal's opinion of Katherine?
(a) Very low, he think she's a slut
(b) He wishes Katherine were of a better rank
(c) He doesn't reveal any thoughts on Katherine
(d) He thinks highly of her and that she would be a better wife than Costanza
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(b) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(c) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
(d) A declaration to close the convent
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(b) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(c) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(d) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
2. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
3. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
4. When Blanchette, who loves Robin, refuses to marry Ralph of Hastings, what does she say to Katherine?
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)