|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Richard asks Thomas Swynford to try on the heavy crown?
(a) Thomas suddenly becomes invisible
(b) The Duke of Lancaster violently intervenes
(c) Thomas puts it on and falls to the ground
(d) The Earl of March violently intervenes
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(d) Alice Walker
3. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
(a) He sees the ghost of his wife everywhere and is scared
(b) He's thinking of changing the law so that he can have multiple wives
(c) He has become a cleric
(d) He loves her and cannot live without her
4. Who does the king's squire, Robin, think is a challenge for the duke?
(a) Katherine and Costanza
(b) The peasants
(c) The wealthy bishops
5. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(c) Low blood-sugar
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
2. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
5. Also at the House of Commons, Alice Perrers is accused of:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)