|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) A nun from the convent
2. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) The King's Squire
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The Duke of Lancaster
(d) Roger DeCheyne
3. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
(a) Richard, the Prince of Wales's son
(b) The Earl of Sussex
(c) Brother William, friar
(d) The Earl of March
4. What announcement does Katherine make to John in the spring?
(a) She's giving him up and becoming a nun
(b) She's ill and dying
(c) She's pregnant
(d) She's no longer in love with him
5. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Serve as her maid
(b) Sew a really nice dress for her
(c) Serve as her personal chef
(d) Attend mass with her
Short Answer Questions
1. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
3. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)