|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the duke do with his children on Maundy Thursday?
(a) Wait for the poor to enter church, shut the doors and lock them up
(b) Wash the hands of the poor, give them gloves and chocolate
(c) Wash the clothing of the poor, give them bread and cheese
(d) Wash the feet of the poor, feed them, and give them silver
2. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) They are civil to one another.
3. How old is Richard of Bordeaux when he's coronated?
4. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
(a) She worries that Costanza will move to France and make John come there, too
(b) She worries that she'll have to study French
(c) She worries that John will move to France and love a French woman
(d) With the opportunity for England to take Castile, Costanza may not tolerate having Katherine around
5. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
(a) In Hertford
(b) In Castile
(c) In Stratford-Upon-Avon
(d) In Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
4. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
5. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)