|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Alice Walker
(b) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(c) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(d) Alice Perrers
2. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
(a) With deep sadness
(b) With joy
(c) He snickers and says Hugh got what he deserved
(d) He thanks Nirac for being a great loyal servant
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Hugh wins
(b) It's a draw
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) Roger wins
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
(b) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(c) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(d) He vows to give England to Castile
5. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(b) The women in his life
(c) His lack of war victories
(d) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
Short Answer Questions
1. How is John Ball punished for inciting revolt against the poll tax?
2. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
3. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
4. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
5. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)