|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Attending a wine festival
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(d) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
2. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
(a) He snickers and says Hugh got what he deserved
(b) With joy
(c) He thanks Nirac for being a great loyal servant
(d) With deep sadness
3. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
(a) Poisoning Katherine
(b) Poisoning Costanza
(c) Poisoning Hugh
(d) Putting Hugh on the front lines in battle
4. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
(a) He loves her and cannot live without her
(b) He sees the ghost of his wife everywhere and is scared
(c) He has become a cleric
(d) He's thinking of changing the law so that he can have multiple wives
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(d) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
Short Answer Questions
1. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
2. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)