|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
2. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(c) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(d) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
3. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
(a) Ironing the bed sheets so they're very crisp
(b) Shaking a roawn branch over the bed and muttering a curse hoping that Katherine will no longer conceive
(c) Taking a nap in the big bed
(d) Removing the bed so that John and Katherine cannot conceive
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) A bad heart
(c) Water-elf sickness
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) The King's Squire
(c) The Duke of Lancaster
(d) Roger DeCheyne
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
2. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
5. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)