|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
(a) Nothing. He's just a crazy dog
(d) Long life and prosperity
2. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
(a) She needs to tend to Hugh who has been injured in battle
(b) Women are now being drafted and it's her time to go
(c) The army needs a seamstress to repair the country's war flags
(d) She needs to join other wives who are serving as nurses
3. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is overly demanding
(b) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(c) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(d) She is meaner than before
4. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He has nothing else to do
(b) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(c) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(d) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) It's a draw
(c) Hugh wins
(d) Roger wins
Short Answer Questions
1. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
2. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
4. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
5. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)