|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To leave
(b) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To stay until he feels better
2. What does Geoffrey Chaucer feel about Katherine's relationship with John?
(a) He thinks it will be great source material for his next work
(b) That it's inappropriate
(c) He could care less
(d) He approves
3. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
(b) He doesn't give a reason
(c) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(d) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
4. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Isabel, John's sister
(b) Isolda, John's mother
(c) Gueneviere, John's sister
(d) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
5. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) She is sick with a bad cold
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
2. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
4. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
5. Who is John interested in marrying?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)