|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
(a) The Duke suspects her of killing Blanche
(b) The Duke wants to declare his love for her
(c) The Duke wants to banish her from England
(d) The Duke is making arrangements to send her back to the convent
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Attending a wine festival
3. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
4. In 1372, Costanza gives birth to a daughter named Catalina. What is that name's equivalent in English?
(a) It has no English equivalent
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(b) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(c) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(d) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
Short Answer Questions
1. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
3. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
4. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)