|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(b) He faints
(c) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(d) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
2. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(b) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(c) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) The king
(b) Hugh Swynford
(c) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(d) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
5. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She no longer feels the same way toward him
(b) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(c) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(d) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
2. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
4. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
5. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)