|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
(a) She makes all men who meet her fall in love with her
(b) He's not a very talented writer
(c) She liked his comic poetry more than his romantic verse
(d) She has never, and may never, experience true love
2. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(b) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(c) He has nothing else to do
(d) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(b) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(c) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(b) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(c) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(d) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
5. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(b) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
(c) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(d) She no longer feels the same way toward him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
3. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
4. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
5. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)