|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's sister
(c) John of Gaunt's mother
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) From a mysterious disease
(b) She was trampled by a horse
(c) She took her own life
(d) In childbirth
3. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(b) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(c) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(d) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That someone has hired her as a governess
(b) That she's being transferred to another convent
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
5. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(b) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(c) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(d) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
3. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
4. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
5. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)