|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(b) Beautifully manicured
(c) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(d) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
2. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) They are civil to one another.
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) It's a draw
(c) Hugh wins
(d) Roger wins
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) She has discovered that she cannot have children
5. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
(a) Ironing the bed sheets so they're very crisp
(b) Shaking a roawn branch over the bed and muttering a curse hoping that Katherine will no longer conceive
(c) Taking a nap in the big bed
(d) Removing the bed so that John and Katherine cannot conceive
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Philippa engaged?
2. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)