|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) He faints
(b) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(c) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(d) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
2. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
(a) It's not convenient for her
(b) They live in sin
(c) It's embarrassing to her
(d) She fears being beheaded for her father's sins
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) Hugh Swynford
(d) The king
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
5. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(b) A nun from the convent
(d) Alice Perrers
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
3. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
4. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)