|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A token for luck
(b) A blessing before battle
(c) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(d) A big wet kiss
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(b) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(c) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(d) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
3. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(b) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(c) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(d) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
4. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He kisses her hand lightly
(c) He slaps her across the face
(d) He kisses her left foot
5. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
3. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
4. Who was Isolda?
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)