|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) They are civil to one another.
(b) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(c) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(c) Water-elf sickness
(d) A bad heart
3. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Sew a really nice dress for her
(b) Attend mass with her
(c) Serve as her maid
(d) Serve as her personal chef
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola will smother her with affection
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her left foot
(b) He slaps her across the face
(c) He kisses her passionately
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
Short Answer Questions
1. What important event takes place in April 1369?
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)