|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He kisses her left foot
(c) He slaps her across the face
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) The servants refuse to take her
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A token for luck
(b) A big wet kiss
(c) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(d) A blessing before battle
4. What is disturbing John most at this point in his life?
(a) That his brother, the Prince of Wales, is more handsome
(b) The rumors circulating that he is a changeling
(c) That no one will fully accept his relationship with Katherine
(d) That Geoffrey Chaucer isn't writing a biography of him
5. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Alice Walker
(b) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) Costanza, Queen of Castile
Short Answer Questions
1. What important event takes place in April 1369?
2. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
3. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
4. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
5. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)