|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
(a) He snickers and says Hugh got what he deserved
(b) With deep sadness
(c) He thanks Nirac for being a great loyal servant
(d) With joy
2. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(b) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(d) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
3. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To stay until he feels better
(b) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To leave
4. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(b) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(c) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
(d) She no longer feels the same way toward him
5. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
3. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
4. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)