|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Hawise about the affair between John and Katherine?
(a) That John will tire of Katherine
(b) That if something goes wrong, she will be in trouble
(c) That Katherine might take another lover
(d) That she will not have enough energy to look after the many children they plan to have
2. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(b) Alice Perrers, his mistress
(c) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(d) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(b) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(c) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
4. Where does the duke take Katherine?
(a) The Captal de Buch's chateau
(b) Windsor Castle
5. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
(a) Hugh died of internal bleeding
(b) Hugh might have had a heart attack
(c) Hugh's bowel burst
(d) Hugh didn't want to live anymore
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
2. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
4. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
5. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)