|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) The King
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) Alice Perrers
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To leave
(b) To stay until he feels better
(c) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(d) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
3. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) Horse and buggy
(b) None. She walks.
(c) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
4. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(b) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(c) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(d) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
5. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A goddess
(b) A barmaid
(c) A charity wench
(d) Princess Katherine
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the duke take Katherine?
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
3. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
4. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)