|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) The king
(b) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(c) Hugh Swynford
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
2. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He has fathered many bastard children
(b) He is expecting children with several royal women
(c) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(d) He is a better swordsman
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) She is sick with a bad cold
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
4. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) Roger DeCheyne
(b) The King's Squire
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) Hugh wins
(d) It's a draw
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
2. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
3. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
5. When John returns to celebrate St. George's Day, what does Katherine find Hawise doing in her bedroom?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)