|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(b) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
(c) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(d) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is immune to the plague
(b) Two sorcerers accompany her
(c) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(d) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Attending a wine festival
(b) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(c) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(d) Cooking anything with lamb in it
4. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(c) The king
(d) Hugh Swynford
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Hugh wins
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) It's a draw
(d) Roger wins
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)