|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is overly demanding
(b) She is meaner than before
(c) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(d) She looks so beautiful pregnant
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(b) The Duke of Lancaster
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(a) A bad heart
(c) Water-elf sickness
5. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) Alice Walker
(d) Elizabeth, Queen of England
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
2. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
3. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
4. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
5. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)