|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(b) Two sorcerers accompany her
(c) She is immune to the plague
(d) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
2. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(b) Low blood-sugar
3. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry won't attend the festivities
(b) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(c) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
(d) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
4. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) Plain and forgetful
(b) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
(c) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
(d) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(b) To stay until he feels better
(c) To leave
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
5. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)