|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
(a) He loves her and cannot live without her
(b) He's thinking of changing the law so that he can have multiple wives
(c) He has become a cleric
(d) He sees the ghost of his wife everywhere and is scared
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(b) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
3. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(c) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(d) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
4. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(a) Low blood-sugar
5. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) One of the servants
(d) Hawise, the daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
3. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
5. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)