|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He faints
(c) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(d) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
2. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He kisses her left foot
(c) He slaps her across the face
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(b) Robert Sutton
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(d) That she's pregnant
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To stay until he feels better
(b) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(c) To leave
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
2. What important event takes place in April 1369?
3. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
4. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
5. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)