|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Attend mass with her
(b) Serve as her maid
(c) Serve as her personal chef
(d) Sew a really nice dress for her
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(b) Isabel, John's sister
(c) Isolda, John's mother
(d) Gueneviere, John's sister
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
4. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
(a) Hugh's bowel burst
(b) Hugh died of internal bleeding
(c) Hugh might have had a heart attack
(d) Hugh didn't want to live anymore
5. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
(a) Nothing. He's just a crazy dog
(c) Long life and prosperity
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
3. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
4. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)