|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event takes place in April 1369?
(a) England declares war with France again
(b) France surrenders to England
(c) The king gets the bishop to stop the rain from falling
(d) Castile is declared the capital of continental Europe
2. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That someone has hired her as a governess
(b) That she's being transferred to another convent
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Attending a wine festival
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(d) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
4. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants to see if he's over her
(b) He wants her permission to marry a queen
(c) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
(d) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
2. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
5. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)