|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A suit of armor
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
3. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(b) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(c) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(d) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
4. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(b) Isabel, John's sister
(c) Isolda, John's mother
(d) Gueneviere, John's sister
5. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A barmaid
(b) A goddess
(c) A charity wench
(d) Princess Katherine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
5. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)