|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
(a) Poisoning Hugh
(b) Putting Hugh on the front lines in battle
(c) Poisoning Costanza
(d) Poisoning Katherine
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Attending a wine festival
(d) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
3. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
(a) Nothing. He's just a crazy dog
(d) Long life and prosperity
4. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
5. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
4. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
5. Why can't Katherine go home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)