|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She is sick with a bad cold
(b) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
2. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
(a) He sees the ghost of his wife everywhere and is scared
(b) He has become a cleric
(c) He loves her and cannot live without her
(d) He's thinking of changing the law so that he can have multiple wives
3. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
(a) There are really only two: Famine and War
(b) Famine, War, Sloth and Hanging
(c) Peace, Love, Understanding and Wisdom
(d) Famine, War, Pestilence and Death
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(b) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a priest to administer last rites
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
2. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
3. Who is John interested in marrying?
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)