|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) They are civil to one another.
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
2. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(b) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(c) She no longer feels the same way toward him
(d) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(b) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(c) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(d) Beautifully manicured
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) A bad heart
(c) Water-elf sickness
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(b) None. She walks.
(c) Horse and buggy
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)