|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
2. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(a) A nun from the convent
(c) Alice Perrers
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(b) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(c) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(d) Uglier and the property much smaller
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
5. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Isolda, John's mother
(b) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(c) Gueneviere, John's sister
(d) Isabel, John's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. To whom is Philippa engaged?
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
4. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)