|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(b) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
(c) She no longer feels the same way toward him
(d) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Alice Perrers
(b) Alice Walker
(c) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(d) Costanza, Queen of Castile
3. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
(a) Nothing. He's just a crazy dog
(d) Long life and prosperity
4. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
(a) The army needs a seamstress to repair the country's war flags
(b) Women are now being drafted and it's her time to go
(c) She needs to join other wives who are serving as nurses
(d) She needs to tend to Hugh who has been injured in battle
5. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
(a) The Duke is making arrangements to send her back to the convent
(b) The Duke wants to banish her from England
(c) The Duke suspects her of killing Blanche
(d) The Duke wants to declare his love for her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
2. What important event takes place in April 1369?
3. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)