|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
2. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(c) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
3. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(b) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(c) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
(d) She no longer feels the same way toward him
4. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A suit of armor
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
5. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Gueneviere, John's sister
(b) Isolda, John's mother
(c) Isabel, John's sister
(d) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
2. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
3. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
4. To whom is Philippa engaged?
5. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)