|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(b) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(c) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) Alice Walker
(d) Elizabeth, Queen of England
3. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
4. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) None. She walks.
(c) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(d) Horse and buggy
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(b) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(c) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(d) Uglier and the property much smaller
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
3. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
4. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)