|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa refuses to visit her
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
2. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(b) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
(c) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(d) A declaration to close the convent
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(b) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(c) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
4. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) It's a draw
(d) Hugh wins
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is immune to the plague
(b) Two sorcerers accompany her
(c) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(d) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
2. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
3. Hugh takes the drink from Katherine and soon thereafter dreams of the Kettlethorpe Pooka Hound with "fiery-red eyes." What does the Pooka Hound symbolize?
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
5. How did Katherine's mother die?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)