|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
2. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(b) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(c) She is sick with a bad cold
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(b) Alice Perrers, his mistress
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(d) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(c) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(d) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
5. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He is expecting children with several royal women
(b) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(c) He has fathered many bastard children
(d) He is a better swordsman
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
2. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
3. The Friar, Brother William, doesn't suspect Katherine of foul play in Hugh's death. Instead, he believes that:
4. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
5. What important event takes place in April 1369?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)