|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(b) She is immune to the plague
(c) Two sorcerers accompany her
(d) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
2. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(b) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(d) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
3. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(b) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(c) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(d) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) Water-elf sickness
(d) A bad heart
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) Horse and buggy
(b) None. She walks.
(c) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
2. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
3. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
4. Katherine goes to mass and runs into John, disguised as a pilgrim. He tells her:
5. How did Katherine's mother die?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)