|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(b) Two sorcerers accompany her
(c) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(d) She is immune to the plague
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(d) Attending a wine festival
3. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
4. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) They are civil to one another.
(b) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
5. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(d) Low blood-sugar
Short Answer Questions
1. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
4. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
5. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)