|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
2. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry won't attend the festivities
(b) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
(c) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(d) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) The King
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That she's being transferred to another convent
(b) That someone has hired her as a governess
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(b) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(c) Uglier and the property much smaller
(d) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
3. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
4. Why can't Katherine go home?
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)