|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(b) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(c) Uglier and the property much smaller
(d) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
2. Who was Isolda?
(a) Alice Perrer's older sister
(b) John of Gaunt's sister
(c) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(c) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(b) She is meaner than before
(c) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(d) She is overly demanding
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
5. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)