|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) The King
(b) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(c) Water-elf sickness
(d) A bad heart
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(c) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
4. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) The King's Squire
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) Roger DeCheyne
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) She has discovered that she cannot have children
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
3. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
4. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)