|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(b) They are civil to one another.
(c) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(d) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(b) Nichola will smother her with affection
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
3. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(c) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(d) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
4. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(b) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(c) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(d) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Attending a wine festival
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
3. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
4. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)