|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The King
(d) Alice Perrers
2. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) None. She walks.
(b) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(c) Horse and buggy
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) A bad heart
(d) Water-elf sickness
5. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(b) The Duke of Lancaster
Short Answer Questions
1. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
4. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
5. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)