|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) Water-elf sickness
(d) A bad heart
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Attending a wine festival
(c) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(d) Cooking anything with lamb in it
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
4. How did Katherine's mother die?
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)