|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(b) They are civil to one another.
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
3. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(b) Henry won't attend the festivities
(c) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(d) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
4. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
(b) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(c) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(d) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
5. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(b) One of the servants
(c) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(d) Hawise, the daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
2. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
4. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)