|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He faints
(c) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(d) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(a) Water-elf sickness
(b) A bad heart
3. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A goddess
(b) Princess Katherine
(c) A barmaid
(d) A charity wench
4. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) Horse and buggy
(b) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(c) None. She walks.
5. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(a) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(b) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
(c) A declaration to close the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
2. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
5. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)