|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's sister
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
2. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) A charity wench
(b) Princess Katherine
(c) A barmaid
(d) A goddess
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(b) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(c) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(d) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(b) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) A suit of armor
(c) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Katherine's mother die?
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
3. What important event takes place in April 1369?
4. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)