|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(b) The Duke of Lancaster
2. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(b) That someone has hired her as a governess
(c) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(d) That she's being transferred to another convent
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(d) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A blessing before battle
(b) A token for luck
(c) A big wet kiss
(d) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. What important event takes place in April 1369?
4. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)