|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) She finds Katherine to be bad company
(b) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(c) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(d) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(c) The King
(d) Alice Perrers
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) One of the servants
(d) Hawise, the daughter
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(b) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
(c) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(d) A declaration to close the convent
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(b) She is overly demanding
(c) She is meaner than before
(d) She looks so beautiful pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. To whom is Philippa engaged?
5. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)