|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Migraine headaches
(c) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Strange shaking
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
4. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
5. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) One of the servants
(d) Hawise, the daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What important event takes place in April 1369?
2. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
3. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)