|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) Water-elf sickness
(d) A bad heart
2. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(b) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Hugh wins
(c) It's a draw
(d) Roger wins
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
(b) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(c) He doesn't give a reason
(d) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
4. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
5. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)