|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(b) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
3. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(b) The Duke of Lancaster
4. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) The King
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
5. What important event takes place in April 1369?
(a) France surrenders to England
(b) England declares war with France again
(c) The king gets the bishop to stop the rain from falling
(d) Castile is declared the capital of continental Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
4. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
5. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)