|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(b) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(c) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(d) Uglier and the property much smaller
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
3. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) None. She walks.
(c) Horse and buggy
(d) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(c) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(d) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(c) Attending a wine festival
(d) Cooking anything with lamb in it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
2. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
3. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
5. How did Katherine's mother die?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)