|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Hawise, the daughter
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) One of the servants
(d) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
2. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
(b) He doesn't give a reason
(c) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(d) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
3. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That she's being transferred to another convent
(b) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That someone has hired her as a governess
4. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) It's a draw
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) Roger wins
(d) Hugh wins
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(c) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
2. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
5. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)