|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
(c) Low blood-sugar
2. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(b) They are civil to one another.
(c) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(d) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
4. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is meaner than before
(b) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(c) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(d) She is overly demanding
5. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Beautifully manicured
(b) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(c) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(d) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
2. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
3. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)