|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry won't attend the festivities
(b) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(c) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(d) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
3. Who was Isolda?
(a) Alice Perrer's older sister
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) John of Gaunt's mother
(d) John of Gaunt's sister
4. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) Hugh wins
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) It's a draw
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
5. What important event takes place in April 1369?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)