|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what are the "four dread horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
(a) Peace, Love, Understanding and Wisdom
(b) There are really only two: Famine and War
(c) Famine, War, Sloth and Hanging
(d) Famine, War, Pestilence and Death
2. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(b) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(c) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(d) She finds Katherine to be bad company
3. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(b) They are civil to one another.
(c) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(d) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A suit of armor
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
(d) A bible
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
3. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)