|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) In childbirth
(b) She was trampled by a horse
(c) From a mysterious disease
(d) She took her own life
2. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
(a) She has never, and may never, experience true love
(b) She makes all men who meet her fall in love with her
(c) He's not a very talented writer
(d) She liked his comic poetry more than his romantic verse
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(b) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(c) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
4. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Hugh wins
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) It's a draw
(d) Roger wins
5. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
2. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)