|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) Alice Perrer's older sister
(c) John of Gaunt's mother
(d) John of Gaunt's sister
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He has nothing else to do
(b) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(c) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(d) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
4. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
(a) Katherine cries for Blanche morning and night
(b) Katherine complains that Philippa is too bossy
(c) The living conditions at Kettlethorpe are horrible.
(d) She finds Katherine to be bad company
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) None. She walks.
(b) Horse and buggy
(d) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
3. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
4. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
5. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)