|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(b) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(c) Henry won't attend the festivities
(d) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
2. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
(b) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(c) He doesn't give a reason
(d) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
3. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) One of the servants
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(d) Hawise, the daughter
4. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(b) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(c) Two sorcerers accompany her
(d) She is immune to the plague
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
(c) A suit of armor
(d) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. What does Katherine realize about herself after hearing Geoffrey read the love poem?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
5. To whom is Philippa engaged?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)