|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) He faints
(c) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(d) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
2. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(b) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
3. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(b) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(c) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(d) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
4. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(b) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(c) That someone has hired her as a governess
(d) That she's being transferred to another convent
5. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(a) A bad heart
(c) Water-elf sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
4. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
5. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)