|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(d) She's leaving him and not to look for her
2. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(b) One of the servants
(c) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(d) Hawise, the daughter
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He has nothing else to do
(b) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(c) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(d) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
5. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's mother
(b) John of Gaunt's sister
(c) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
2. To whom is Philippa engaged?
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)