|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(b) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(c) They are civil to one another.
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She is overly demanding
(b) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(c) She is meaner than before
(d) She looks so beautiful pregnant
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) The servants refuse to take her
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(a) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(b) A declaration to close the convent
(c) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
5. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) The King
(d) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
3. Who was Isolda?
4. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)