|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Attending a wine festival
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Hugh wins
(b) It's a draw
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) Roger wins
3. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
(b) None. She walks.
(c) Horse and buggy
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(b) A bad heart
(c) Water-elf sickness
5. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(b) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(c) He faints
(d) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. To whom is Philippa engaged?
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)