|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) One of the servants
(b) Hawise, the daughter
(c) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
(d) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
2. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's mother
(b) Alice Perrer's older sister
(c) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(d) John of Gaunt's sister
3. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) Roger DeCheyne
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The King's Squire
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(b) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A suit of armor
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A bible
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
Short Answer Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
2. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)