|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) The King
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) Alice Perrers
2. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's mother
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) John of Gaunt's sister
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) Hugh wins
(d) It's a draw
4. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(b) He has nothing else to do
(c) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(d) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(b) Uglier and the property much smaller
(c) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(d) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)