|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(b) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(c) He faints
(d) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
2. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(b) A blessing before battle
(c) A token for luck
(d) A big wet kiss
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(b) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(c) Uglier and the property much smaller
(d) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(b) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Roger wins
(c) It's a draw
(d) Hugh wins
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
5. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)