|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(b) They are civil to one another.
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(b) She is overly demanding
(c) She is meaner than before
(d) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A suit of armor
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) The servants refuse to take her
5. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's mother
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)