|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) Hugh wins
(c) It's a draw
(d) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He has nothing else to do
(b) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(c) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(d) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
4. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(b) She is meaner than before
(c) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(d) She is overly demanding
5. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) They are civil to one another.
(d) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
2. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
5. Who was Isolda?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)