|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) It's a draw
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) Hugh wins
(d) Roger wins
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(b) Uglier and the property much smaller
(c) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(d) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
3. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) The King's Squire
(c) The Duke of Lancaster
(d) Roger DeCheyne
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(c) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(d) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Attending a wine festival
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
2. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
4. To whom is Hugh indebted?
5. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)