|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(b) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(c) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(d) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
2. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
(b) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(c) Henry won't attend the festivities
(d) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A blessing before battle
(b) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(c) A token for luck
(d) A big wet kiss
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) Uglier and the property much smaller
(b) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(c) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(d) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
2. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
3. Who was Isolda?
4. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)