|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(b) He has nothing else to do
(c) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(d) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
3. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
(a) Water-elf sickness
(b) A bad heart
4. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(b) Horse and buggy
(c) None. She walks.
(d) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Attending a wine festival
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
2. Who was Isolda?
3. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)