|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) He faints
(b) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
(c) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(d) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
2. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(a) A declaration to close the convent
(b) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(c) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
3. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(b) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(c) Beautifully manicured
(d) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
4. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
(b) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(c) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(d) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
2. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
5. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)