|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A blessing before battle
(b) A token for luck
(c) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(d) A big wet kiss
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa refuses to visit her
(c) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
3. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That someone has hired her as a governess
(b) That she's being transferred to another convent
(c) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(d) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
4. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(b) Beautifully manicured
(c) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(d) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
2. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
4. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
5. How did Katherine's mother die?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)