|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
(a) Princess Katherine
(b) A goddess
(c) A charity wench
(d) A barmaid
2. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(b) Beautifully manicured
(c) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(d) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
3. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(d) They are civil to one another.
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. How did Katherine's mother die?
4. To whom is Philippa engaged?
5. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)