|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
2. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's sister
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A suit of armor
(b) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(c) A bible
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
5. What assumption has Katherine made about her release from the convent?
(a) That a husband has been chosen for her and she will soon be married
(b) That she's being transferred to another convent
(c) That her sister Philippa has sent for her
(d) That someone has hired her as a governess
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Philippa engaged?
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
3. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
4. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)