|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(b) A suit of armor
(c) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
(d) A bible
2. With whom does Katherine form a lifelong friendship when she is at the Pessoner home?
(a) Hawise, the daughter
(b) Guy Le Pessoner's wife
(c) One of the servants
(d) Guy Le Pessonner's brother
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
4. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) The King
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) It's a draw
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) Hugh wins
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Philippa engaged?
2. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
3. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
4. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
5. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)