|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) It's a draw
(b) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(c) Roger wins
(d) Hugh wins
2. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) Horse and buggy
(b) None. She walks.
(d) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
3. To whom is Philippa engaged?
(a) The King's Squire
(b) Roger DeCheyne
(c) The Duke of Lancaster
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
4. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
(a) Dilapidated, abandoned, in need of repair
(b) A little shabby but nothing that can't be fixed in a week
(c) Burned to the ground, smoke rising from its ashes
(d) Beautifully manicured
5. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) The King
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) Alice Perrers
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
3. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)