|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Katherine's reaction to the pyx when it passes the Chaucer home?
(a) She's ashamed because she's suddenly in love with Geoffrecy
(b) She's ashamed because she can't remember what the pyx is
(c) She's shocked the pyx is so ugly
(d) She's ashamed of herself for wanting to escape marrying Hugh
2. How did Katherine's mother die?
(a) She took her own life
(b) From a mysterious disease
(c) She was trampled by a horse
(d) In childbirth
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
5. What mode of transport does Katherine use when leaving the convent?
(a) Horse and buggy
(b) None. She walks.
(d) A pumpkin-shaped carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. What does the local bishop call Katherine after meeting her?
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)