|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's sister
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
2. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(b) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(c) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(d) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A token for luck
(b) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(c) A big wet kiss
(d) A blessing before battle
4. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
(a) Henry prefers to be known as Harry, Prince of Wales
(b) Henry Trastamare has sailed with Christopher Columbus to the New World
(c) Henry Trastamare has usurped the throne of Castile
(d) Henry won't attend the festivities
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) It's a draw
(b) Hugh wins
(c) Roger wins
(d) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. How did Katherine's mother die?
5. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)