|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(b) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(c) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(d) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
2. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(b) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) A four-foot high cross, painted red
3. The Duke's pious daughter Philippa worries about her father's relationship with Katherine because:
(a) It's embarrassing to her
(b) They live in sin
(c) She fears being beheaded for her father's sins
(d) It's not convenient for her
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(b) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(c) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(d) Get a priest to administer last rites
5. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(b) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(c) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
2. What is the Captal's opinion of Katherine?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. Who is John interested in marrying?
5. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)