Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four 1376 - 1377/Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) The servants refuse to take her
2. How does Katherine respond to John's amorous declaration?
(a) She no longer feels the same way toward him
(b) Hugh is a changed man and she thinks she's in love with him now
(c) She met someone else and is deeply in love with this new man
(d) She has made a vow to Saint Catherine and she intends to keep it
3. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(c) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(d) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
4. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) They are civil to one another.
(b) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(c) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(d) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
5. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(a) A nun from the convent
(c) Alice Perrers
Short Answer Questions
1. Nirac overhears John's declaration to Katherine. He decides to take matters into his own hands by:
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
3. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
4. Why does Philippa end up sending Katherine to Bolingbroke?
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)