Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three/Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
2. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(c) A nun from the convent
(d) Alice Perrers
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(c) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(d) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
5. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(b) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(c) To leave
(d) To stay until he feels better
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
3. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
5. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)