Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
(b) A declaration to close the convent
(c) Wine and a novice with no dowry
(d) Wine, money, and a novice with a dowry
2. Why does Geoffrey send Philippa to stay at Kettlethorpe?
(a) So that she'll be away from the plague in London
(b) He has no money left to support her for the time being
(c) He needs to be alone in London so he can write
(d) He doesn't give a reason
3. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is immune to the plague
(b) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(c) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(d) Two sorcerers accompany her
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(b) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(c) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(d) Get a priest to administer last rites
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) Uglier and the property much smaller
(b) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(c) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(d) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hugh returns to Kettlethorpe from war, we discover he suffers from?
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
3. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
4. What illness does Nichola, Hugh's stepmother, have?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)