|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One 1336-1337/Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Alice Perrers
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The King
(d) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(b) She is meaner than before
(c) She is overly demanding
(d) She looks so beautiful pregnant
3. What happens when Hugh looks up at the black cross in Waltham Abbey?
(a) The clasp on his necklace chain comes udone and his pendant falls to the ground
(b) The buckle holding his scabard comes lose and his sword falls to the ground
(c) He faints
(d) He suddenly has a religious epiphany and decides to become a cleric
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
5. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(b) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(c) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(d) He has nothing else to do
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
2. Describe the condition of Kettlethorpe when Katherine first arrives:
3. What announcement does the Duke of Lancaster make when he arrives?
4. Who was Isolda?
5. After the queen finally meets Katherine, what does she order for the convent?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)