|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
2. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Serve as her maid
(b) Attend mass with her
(c) Serve as her personal chef
(d) Sew a really nice dress for her
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(b) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
(d) Costanza, the duke's current wife
4. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
(a) She needs to join other wives who are serving as nurses
(b) She needs to tend to Hugh who has been injured in battle
(c) Women are now being drafted and it's her time to go
(d) The army needs a seamstress to repair the country's war flags
5. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
(a) That the wine and the wafer should be replaced by brandy and cake
(b) That it should not be held on Sundays, but on Wednesdays
(c) That the wine and the wafer are really the body and blood of the Virgin Mary
(d) The wine and the wafer are mere symbols, not the actual body and blood of Christ
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
2. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
3. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
4. What does John discover upon his return to England?
5. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)