|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
(b) He wants to see if he's over her
(c) He wants her permission to marry a queen
(d) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
2. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He kisses her left foot
(c) He slaps her across the face
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
3. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
(b) He gets killed by the king's men
(c) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
(d) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
4. Despite telling the Captal that he only loves Katherine, what must John do?
(a) Remain single and celibate
(b) Marry Alice Perrers to make her
(c) Marry an eight-year-old princess from Italy
(d) Marry Costanza, Queen of Castile
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(d) That she's pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
2. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
3. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
4. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
5. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)