|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(b) Robert Sutton
2. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(b) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) The Duke's shield, painted in red
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) The King
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) Alice Perrers
4. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's sister
(b) Alice Perrer's older sister
(c) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(b) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(c) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(d) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John discover upon his return to England?
2. Who is John interested in marrying?
3. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
4. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
5. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)