|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
2. As the Savoy explodes and peasants pillage its wine cellars, Cob stares at Katherine lying unconscious on the ground. He considers stealing her purse but stops. Why?
(a) He would become a target of other peasants if the purse is found on him
(b) He knows that without her purse, Katherine stands less of a chance at survival than him
(c) He sees the Swynford coat of arms which remind him of home and his long family history of loyalty to the Swynfords
(d) The purse reminds him of his long family history of stealing and he wants to break the cycle
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(b) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(c) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
(d) He has nothing else to do
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
5. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
(b) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
(c) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(d) That she frightens him more than anyone
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John turn down the idea that he should stay in Scotland because the people here love him and will likely give him an army?
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
3. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
4. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
5. Who was Isolda?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)