|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
2. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
(a) He didn't think the Pessonners would ever let him inside with Katherine
(b) He didn't think that Katherine would ever fall in love with him
(c) That the peasants would be declared free and that feudalism was abolished
(d) He didn't think he'd become an agnostic
3. Suddenly, Blanchette becomes ill for a month. Who looks after her during her illness?
(a) Ralph of Hastings and his mother
(b) Katherine and Brother William
(c) Henry of Bolingbroke and his new bride
(d) Katherine and Costanza
4. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
(a) Having lunch with Alice Perrers
(b) Getting a measure passed for the hanging of Alice Perrers
(c) Taking a nap after the session
(d) The way he is dressed
5. What is the Captal's opinion of Katherine?
(a) He wishes Katherine were of a better rank
(b) Very low, he think she's a slut
(c) He doesn't reveal any thoughts on Katherine
(d) He thinks highly of her and that she would be a better wife than Costanza
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the duke take Katherine?
2. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
4. How does the duke react to news of Hugh's death?
5. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)