|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial statement does John Wyclef make about the sacredness of Mass?
(a) That the wine and the wafer are really the body and blood of the Virgin Mary
(b) That the wine and the wafer should be replaced by brandy and cake
(c) That it should not be held on Sundays, but on Wednesdays
(d) The wine and the wafer are mere symbols, not the actual body and blood of Christ
2. How does Cob manage to gain entry for himself and Katherine into the Pessoners' home?
(a) He gives them a barrel of fine wine he took from the castle
(b) He sneaks in the through the back, which is unlocked
(c) He bangs the door down
(d) He offers Katherine's purse with the jewels inside
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
5. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Alice Perrers
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) The King
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
3. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
4. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
5. Who was Isolda?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)