|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Savoy explodes and peasants pillage its wine cellars, Cob stares at Katherine lying unconscious on the ground. He considers stealing her purse but stops. Why?
(a) The purse reminds him of his long family history of stealing and he wants to break the cycle
(b) He sees the Swynford coat of arms which remind him of home and his long family history of loyalty to the Swynfords
(c) He would become a target of other peasants if the purse is found on him
(d) He knows that without her purse, Katherine stands less of a chance at survival than him
2. Katherine stays in a pilgrim hotel in Waltham. She hears the king will be arriving and hopes:
(a) That he will bring her back into the royal fold
(b) That the Duke of Lancaster will be with him
(c) That he doesn't recognize her
(d) That he has seen Blanchette
3. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
(b) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(c) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
(d) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
4. As Katherine approaches Walsingham, she thinks of one word to describe her life since leaving the convent. What is that word?
5. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(b) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(c) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
2. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
4. What does Katherine tell John when she returns to Bordeaux?
5. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)