|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(b) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(c) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster
3. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
(a) Richard, the Prince of Wales's son
(b) The Earl of Sussex
(c) The Earl of March
(d) Brother William, friar
4. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(b) Always question who your parents are.
(c) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
(d) That love conquers all.
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
2. What is the Captal's opinion of Katherine?
3. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
4. Suddenly, Blanchette becomes ill for a month. Who looks after her during her illness?
5. Right before John leaves for Scotland, Katherine has a fit and says:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)