|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(a) Alice Perrers
(c) A nun from the convent
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
3. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Gueneviere, John's sister
(b) Isabel, John's sister
(c) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(d) Isolda, John's mother
4. The Duke challenges Percy to mortal combat. Who shows up to fight him?
(a) No one, John stands in a field waiting and waiting
(b) Percy of Northumberland, as promised
(c) A mob of angry peasants
(d) Percy's son, Little Hotspur
5. Although Wat the tiler dresses up for his meeting with the king and tries to befriend the king, the king's squire calls Wat, "the greatest knave and robber in all Kent" because he shows no respect for the king. What happens to Wat after the squire's statement?
(a) The king tells his squire he is greatly mistaken, then fires his squire
(b) He gets killed by the king's men
(c) The king slaps Wat and tells him to kneel on the ground before him
(d) Nothing. Everyone, including the king, ignores the squire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philippa call an "ill-tempered virgin"?
2. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
3. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
4. Whose life does Katherine save during the king's visit?
5. On what day of what year does Henry of Bolingbroke get married?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)