|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
3. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
(a) Princess Joan, John's sister and mother of Prince Richard
(b) The Duke
(d) The King
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(b) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
(c) The women in his life
(d) His lack of war victories
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(b) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(c) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(d) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
2. Robin, playing the Lord of Misrule, shouts "Now shall each man kiss the lady of his heart!" He then kisses:
3. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
4. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
5. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)