|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
(b) That love conquers all.
(c) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(d) Always question who your parents are.
2. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He slaps her across the face
(b) He kisses her hand lightly
(c) He kisses her passionately
(d) He kisses her left foot
3. Whose life does Katherine save during the king's visit?
(a) Cob o'Fenton, a loyal servant to the Swyndons
(c) Percy of Northumberland
(d) Father Oswald
4. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
5. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(d) Robert Sutton
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
2. After signing truce agreements with Scotland, the duke suddenly learns he cannot:
3. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
4. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)