|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the duke take Katherine?
(a) The Captal de Buch's chateau
(d) Windsor Castle
2. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
(a) That the peasants would be declared free and that feudalism was abolished
(b) He didn't think he'd become an agnostic
(c) He didn't think that Katherine would ever fall in love with him
(d) He didn't think the Pessonners would ever let him inside with Katherine
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(c) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(d) Attending a wine festival
4. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He kisses her hand lightly
(c) He kisses her left foot
(d) He slaps her across the face
5. Suddenly, Blanchette becomes ill for a month. Who looks after her during her illness?
(a) Katherine and Brother William
(b) Katherine and Costanza
(c) Ralph of Hastings and his mother
(d) Henry of Bolingbroke and his new bride
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking news does Katherine learn about the king's plans?
2. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
3. Who offers to take a message to the king on John's behalf?
4. What worries Katherine when she learns that both Trastamare and King Charles of France have died?
5. Whose life does Katherine save during the king's visit?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)