|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(c) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
2. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(b) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(c) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(d) They are civil to one another.
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) It's a draw
(b) Hugh wins
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) Roger wins
4. The king reads the message from John and decides:
(a) Percy of Northumberland did the right thing and will be rewarded
(b) He cannot decipher John's strange message so nothing happens
(c) Percy of Northumberland's actions had no royal sanction, so he welcomes John back to England
(d) John will stay in Scotland and Percy will be welcomed to England
5. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(b) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(c) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(d) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, Cob whispers to himself: "I didn't rightly believe 'twould ever happen." What did he not believe would happen?
2. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)