|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(b) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(c) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(d) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(c) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
4. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) A suit of armor
(c) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
4. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
5. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)