|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(b) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(c) She is immune to the plague
(d) Two sorcerers accompany her
3. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
(a) Attend mass with her
(b) Sew a really nice dress for her
(c) Serve as her personal chef
(d) Serve as her maid
4. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(a) Robert Sutton
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(d) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
Short Answer Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)