|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
(a) The Duke threatens him if he doesn't
(b) He thinks Katherine and the duke are in a serious romantic relationship
(c) He has nothing else to do
(d) He thinks he's in love with Katherine
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
3. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her hand lightly
(b) He slaps her across the face
(c) He kisses her left foot
(d) He kisses her passionately
4. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Strange shaking
(b) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Migraine headaches
5. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(b) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(c) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(d) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
2. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
4. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
5. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)