|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(d) She has discovered that she cannot have children
2. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
(a) A big wet kiss
(b) A promise to leave Hugh if he wins the joust
(c) A blessing before battle
(d) A token for luck
3. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) A nun from the convent
4. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Alice Perrers
(b) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(c) The King
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her passionately
(b) He slaps her across the face
(c) He kisses her left foot
(d) He kisses her hand lightly
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)