|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(b) Nichola will smother her with affection
(c) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(d) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Roger wins
(c) It's a draw
(d) Hugh wins
3. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) Two sorcerers accompany her
(b) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(c) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(d) She is immune to the plague
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(b) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(c) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(d) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(b) Get a priest to administer last rites
(c) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
Short Answer Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
2. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
4. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)