|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(b) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a priest to administer last rites
2. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
(a) The Duke suspects her of killing Blanche
(b) The Duke wants to banish her from England
(c) The Duke wants to declare his love for her
(d) The Duke is making arrangements to send her back to the convent
3. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
5. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) The King
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) Alice Perrers
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
2. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)