|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(b) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(c) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
(d) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(b) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(c) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(d) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
4. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(d) Robert Sutton
5. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Attending a wine festival
(d) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
2. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
4. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)