|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's mother
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
2. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A bible
(b) A suit of armor
(c) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
(d) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
3. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(b) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(c) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(d) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
4. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) A nun from the convent
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(c) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
2. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
3. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)