|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(b) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(c) They are civil to one another.
(d) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Attending a wine festival
(d) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
4. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(b) She is meaner than before
(c) She is overly demanding
(d) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
5. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Strange shaking
(c) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Migraine headaches
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
2. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)