|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) Alice Perrer's older sister
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
2. Katherine soon discovers the real reason she has been called upon:
(a) The Duke wants to banish her from England
(b) The Duke is making arrangements to send her back to the convent
(c) The Duke suspects her of killing Blanche
(d) The Duke wants to declare his love for her
3. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Strange shaking
(c) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Migraine headaches
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(b) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(c) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(d) Nichola will smother her with affection
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)