|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's mother
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) John of Gaunt's sister
2. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(d) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
3. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) Alice Perrers
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(d) The King
4. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Migraine headaches
(b) Strange shaking
(d) Strange nightmarish visions
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
3. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)