|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
2. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
3. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) Hugh wins
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) It's a draw
4. What happens when Katherine goes alone to the courtyard?
(a) Hugh stands next to her but never utters a word
(b) Hugh reads her a love poem and seduces her
(c) Hugh tells her he must return her to the convent
(d) Hugh attacks her and tries to rape her
5. Who was Isolda?
(a) Alice Perrer's older sister
(b) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) John of Gaunt's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
2. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
3. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
4. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)