|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(a) A nun from the convent
(b) Alice Perrers
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) The servants refuse to take her
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(b) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(c) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
5. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
(a) He wants her to tell him what Blanche wore when she died
(b) He wants her to repeat word for word what the priest said when administering the last rites
(c) He thinks Katherine took something valuable of Blanche's and wants it back
(d) He wants to thank her for caring for Blanche at Bolingbroke
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
2. To whom is Hugh indebted?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. Who was Isolda?
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)