|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(d) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(d) Nichola will smother her with affection
3. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(a) A nun from the convent
(b) Alice Perrers
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
5. Once Katherine is resigned to marrying Hugh, what does she give him?
(a) A piece of her sleeve to wear in the upcoming joust
(b) A bible
(c) A suit of armor
(d) Nothing because he doesn't need any lucky tokens
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
4. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)