|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(b) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(c) Get a priest to administer last rites
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
2. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(d) Attending a wine festival
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(d) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
5. Who was Isolda?
(a) John of Gaunt's mother
(b) John of Gaunt's sister
(c) Alice Perrer's older sister
(d) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
2. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
5. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)