|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hugh indebted?
(a) John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster
(b) The King
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) Alice Perrers
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
3. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(c) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(d) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Roger wins
(c) Hugh wins
(d) It's a draw
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
2. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)