|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
2. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(b) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
(c) Uglier and the property much smaller
(d) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
3. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is immune to the plague
(b) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(c) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(d) Two sorcerers accompany her
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(c) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(d) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
5. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(b) Alice Perrers
(c) A nun from the convent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
3. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
4. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)