|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(b) Roger wins
(c) Hugh wins
(d) It's a draw
2. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(b) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
4. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
(a) Building a new wing on the house for the new baby
(b) Cooking anything with lamb in it
(c) Participating in a pagan ritual that involves sacrificing animals and drinking heavily
(d) Attending a wine festival
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
3. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
4. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)