|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) They are civil to one another.
(b) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(c) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(d) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
2. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) Hugh wins
(c) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
(d) It's a draw
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
5. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger DeCheyne ask Katherine for?
2. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
3. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)