|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
(a) She's bringing the next of the Swynford generation
(b) She is overly demanding
(c) She looks so beautiful pregnant
(d) She is meaner than before
3. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(d) Robert Sutton
4. Who was Isolda?
(a) A mysterious servant who charmed the royals
(b) John of Gaunt's mother
(c) John of Gaunt's sister
(d) Alice Perrer's older sister
5. Do Katherine and Blanche get along?
(a) Not at all. Blanche sees Katherine as another maid and treats her as such
(b) Yes. They enjoy singing and sewing together
(c) Blanche is too busy to spend any time with Katherine, so it's hard to say
(d) They are civil to one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
2. Katherine goes back to the Pessoners' and asks Hawise to:
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)