|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
(d) The Duke of Lancaster
2. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(c) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
3. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
(a) Uglier and the property much smaller
(b) It is newer but has no distinct characteristics
(c) There is almost no difference. The estates were built by the same architect
(d) It is beautiful, alive and welcoming
4. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(b) Strange shaking
(c) Migraine headaches
(d) Strange nightmarish visions
5. How does the sword fight between Hugh and Roger end?
(a) Roger wins
(b) It's a draw
(c) Hugh wins
(d) The Duke of Lancaster breaks it up
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
2. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
3. What does Katherine try to prevent the servants from doing shortly before she gives birth?
4. To whom is Hugh indebted?
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)