|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raulin and three men show up to escort Katherine and Hawise to Kettlethorpe, he mentions he has some letters from the duke to be delivered to people in Lincoln. Katherine is disappointed because the letters are not for her, but for:
(c) Robert Sutton
2. Where does Katherine feel she should now return?
(a) Swynford, her husband's home
(b) Savoy, to rebuild it
(c) Sheppey, the convent
3. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(b) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(d) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
4. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Alice Walker
(c) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(d) Alice Perrers
5. Where is Costanza while the duke and Katherine publicly travel around England together?
(a) In Paris
(b) In Hertford
(c) In Stratford-Upon-Avon
(d) In Castile
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Savoy explodes and peasants pillage its wine cellars, Cob stares at Katherine lying unconscious on the ground. He considers stealing her purse but stops. Why?
2. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
3. Why does Nirac, the duke's loyal servant, decide to guard Katherine with his life?
4. Nirac's feelings toward Katherine go from loyalty to hatred. Resigned that he'll never be greatly admired by John, what does he do?
5. Also at the House of Commons, Alice Perrers is accused of:
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)