Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two/Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola will smother her with affection
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
(d) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
2. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(b) Get a priest to administer last rites
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
3. Who helps Katherine deliver her baby?
4. As Katherine passes the skin market at Danesgate, she sees:
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) A nun from the convent
5. Hugh is initially suspicious as to why the duke has forgiven his debts. When Katherine reassures him that it must be the Duke's way of thanking her for taking care of the Duchess, how does Hugh react?
(a) He kisses her left foot
(b) He kisses her hand lightly
(c) He kisses her passionately
(d) He slaps her across the face
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, John tells Katherine he has called for her because:
2. Who prevents Nichola from drowning the newborn baby?
3. Who was Isolda?
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. How does Bolingbroke, the home of the Lancasters, compare with Kettlethorpe?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)