|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) Plain and forgetful
(b) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
(c) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
(d) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
2. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(b) Two sorcerers accompany her
(c) She is immune to the plague
(d) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
4. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Strange nightmarish visions
(b) Migraine headaches
(d) Strange shaking
5. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) Always question who your parents are.
(b) That love conquers all.
(c) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
(d) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
2. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
3. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
4. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
5. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)