|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Costanza, Queen of Castile
(b) Alice Walker
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) Elizabeth, Queen of England
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola will smother her with affection
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
(b) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(c) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(d) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
4. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) Always question who your parents are.
(b) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
(c) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(d) That love conquers all.
5. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) His lack of war victories
(b) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
(c) The women in his life
(d) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
2. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
5. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)