|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) It's too large
(b) It has lost its meaning
(c) It's too small
(d) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(b) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
3. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
(b) Plain and forgetful
(c) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
(d) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
4. Also at the House of Commons, Alice Perrers is accused of:
(a) Bribery, fraud, theft, and holding the king with witchcraft
(b) Spying for the Italians
(c) Spying for the Castilians
(d) Putting a spell on the Queen
5. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Get a priest to administer last rites
(b) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(c) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
2. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
3. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)