|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
3. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) Plain and forgetful
(b) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
(c) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
(d) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
4. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(b) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(b) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(c) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John interested in marrying?
2. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
3. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
4. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
5. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)