|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
(a) She wears a special mask that makes her immune
(b) She is immune to the plague
(c) She is a hot-headed stubborn woman who does whatever she wants
(d) Two sorcerers accompany her
2. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
(a) Taking a nap after the session
(b) The way he is dressed
(c) Getting a measure passed for the hanging of Alice Perrers
(d) Having lunch with Alice Perrers
3. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(b) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(b) The women in his life
(c) His lack of war victories
(d) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(d) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
2. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)