|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
(b) He wants to see if he's over her
(c) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
(d) He wants her permission to marry a queen
2. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(b) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(c) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(c) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
4. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
(b) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(c) That she frightens him more than anyone
(d) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
5. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
(a) The Duke
(b) The King
(c) Princess Joan, John's sister and mother of Prince Richard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
2. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
3. Also at the House of Commons, Alice Perrers is accused of:
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
5. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)