|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa refuses to visit her
(d) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
3. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants to see if he's over her
(b) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
(c) He wants her permission to marry a queen
(d) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
4. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
(a) Impersonating the king
(b) Trying to seize the throne
(c) Corruption and treason
(d) Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich
5. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
2. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
3. Who is John interested in marrying?
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)