|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
(a) The Duke
(c) Princess Joan, John's sister and mother of Prince Richard
(d) The King
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(b) Isolda, John's mother
(c) Gueneviere, John's sister
(d) Isabel, John's sister
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(d) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) The women in his life
(b) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
(c) His lack of war victories
(d) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
5. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(b) Migraine headaches
(c) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Strange shaking
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
2. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
3. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
5. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)