|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(b) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(c) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
(d) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
2. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) The servants refuse to take her
(b) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
3. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
(a) Richard, the Prince of Wales's son
(b) Brother William, friar
(c) The Earl of Sussex
(d) The Earl of March
4. Who is John interested in marrying?
(a) Elizabeth, Queen of England
(b) Alice Walker
(c) Alice Perrers
(d) Costanza, Queen of Castile
5. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
(a) Migraine headaches
(b) Strange nightmarish visions
(d) Strange shaking
Short Answer Questions
1. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
2. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
3. Why do the servants resent the pregnant Katherine?
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)