|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
(b) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
(c) Plain and forgetful
(d) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
2. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
3. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
(a) Richard, the Prince of Wales's son
(b) The Earl of Sussex
(c) Brother William, friar
(d) The Earl of March
4. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(d) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
5. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
(a) Gueneviere, John's sister
(b) A woman named Blanche with an uncanny resemblance to Katherine
(c) Isolda, John's mother
(d) Isabel, John's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. The meeting of the House of Commons yields several major accusations. The King's chamberlain, Lord Latimer, is accused of:
2. Also at the House of Commons, Alice Perrers is accused of:
3. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
5. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)