|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa refuses to visit her
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
3. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(b) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) A four-foot high cross, painted red
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
(b) His lack of war victories
(c) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(d) The women in his life
5. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
2. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
3. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
4. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
5. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)