|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(b) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
2. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
3. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(b) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(c) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
(d) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
4. Katherine manages to stop the duke on his rampage by telling him she no longer wears his ring because:
(a) She discovered he gave the same one to Costanza
(b) It's too large
(c) It has lost its meaning
(d) It's too small
5. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
(a) They are actually Gascons, who are born with Plague immunity
(b) They were safe in the North Tower throughout the scourge
(c) They hid underground where they could not contract the disease
(d) They were on holiday in France where there is no Plague
Short Answer Questions
1. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
4. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
5. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)