|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(b) Get a priest to administer last rites
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
2. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
(c) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(d) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
3. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
(a) The Duke's shield, painted in red
(b) A four-foot high cross, painted red
(c) The duke's shield, turned upside down
(d) A ten-foot high cross, painted in black
4. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
(a) Nichola is, in truth, a sorceress
(b) He doesn't want his unborn child to catch his stepmother's illness
(c) Nichola will smother her with affection
(d) Nichola is clumsy and might trip and fall on her
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
(a) She has discovered that she cannot have children
(b) He must stop at the Lancaster estate for a blessing first
(c) She's leaving him and not to look for her
(d) That she's pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dystentery, what else plagues Hugh?
2. John has a dream in which he "felt the touch of the sacred oil as the archbishop anointed him and he had felt, vivid as in waking, the holy pressure" of a certain country's crown. What country's crown?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
5. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)