|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
(a) He wants her opinion of his wedding attire
(b) He wants to see if he's over her
(c) He wants to know if, because Katherine was close to Blanche, she thinks Blanche would approve of the union
(d) He wants her permission to marry a queen
2. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(b) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
(d) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
4. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(c) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
5. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
(d) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Katherine to Kennington?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)