|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(b) Philippa refuses to visit her
(c) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(d) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
2. In Parliament, the king seems to be interested only in:
(a) Taking a nap after the session
(b) Getting a measure passed for the hanging of Alice Perrers
(c) The way he is dressed
(d) Having lunch with Alice Perrers
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(b) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(c) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
4. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) Always question who your parents are.
(b) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(c) That love conquers all.
(d) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
5. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
(a) She sees it as an opportunity to try to lose the baby
(b) The servants refuse to take her
(c) She learns that Blanche, the Duchess, is also pregnant and rides her horse all of the time
(d) She thinks Doucette, her horse, needs exercise
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
2. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
3. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
4. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
5. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)