|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Katherine from going to Bolingbroke sooner?
(a) A robber stole her horse and Hugh won't give her another one
(b) Violent rainstorms ruin the road to Bolingbroke
(c) She has to wait until she can wean Thomas off her
(d) She can't make up her mind if she really likes Blanche
2. Why does Katherine find Philippa's letter so upsetting?
(a) Philippa says Katherine is a bad person who deserves an equally bad husband
(b) Philippa assumes that Katherine is living in great comfort and luxury
(c) Philippa preaches to her about childbearing
(d) Philippa refuses to visit her
3. Who, to Katherine's dismay, is in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the death of Blanche, the duke's first wife?
(a) Costanza, the duke's current wife
(b) Blanche's ghost, whom everyone can see
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer's father, who is very ill with the black plague
(d) Costanza's mother, a very bothersome woman
4. Katherine reaches Blanche just in time to:
(a) Hear Blanche tell her that the duke is not who she thinks he is
(b) Get a judge to annul Blanche's marriage to the duke
(c) Get a blessing to have an affair with the duke
(d) Get a priest to administer last rites
5. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
2. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
3. Who is John interested in marrying?
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
5. Why does Katherine not hesitate to go into the plague-contaminated Bolingbroke?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)