|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine tries to get John to reveal the root of his fear. When he feels he can completely trust her with what is troubling him, he says her:
(a) He knows exactly what the problem is and that he wants her to leave him alone
(b) That she frightens him more than anyone
(c) That she's not a mental health expert and she needs to leave him alone
(d) He hears witchcraft and that he thinks Pieter has cast a spell on him
2. Why is Hugh confident he'll return by May?
(a) He's certain that the Castilians can't fight in warmer weather
(b) His contract prevents him from fighting any longer
(c) He went to a fortune teller who said that the Castilians won't last long
(d) He's certain that it won't take long to beat
3. How does Nirac describe Costanza's appearance?
(a) Plain and forgetful
(b) Shabby, bony, flat-chested with a hair shirt to remind her of her father
(c) So repulsive that it would be best to look elsewhere in her presence
(d) Exquisite, voluptuous, dressed in the most beautiful dresses
4. What is the name of the illness that the Prince of Wales has?
5. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
(a) She needs to join other wives who are serving as nurses
(b) Women are now being drafted and it's her time to go
(c) The army needs a seamstress to repair the country's war flags
(d) She needs to tend to Hugh who has been injured in battle
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Why does Hugh order Katherine to stay away from Nichola?
4. Why does the duke insist on seeing Katherine before remarrying?
5. What does Katherine tell Hugh before he leaves for war?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)