Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four/Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine know the plague has contaminated Bolingbroke when she arrives?
(a) She sees servants' heads on pikes, the universal plague warning
(b) She sees a 4-foot high red cross painted at the bottom of the drawbridge
(c) Hugh comes rushing after her and tells her the news
(d) She sees a 10-foot high black cross hanging from the entry
2. To whom do the king and John pledge their allegiance when the Old King dies?
(a) The Earl of Sussex
(b) Richard, the Prince of Wales's son
(c) The Earl of March
(d) Brother William, friar
3. The Duke manages to get Katherine to go to Aquitaine under what pretense?
(a) She needs to tend to Hugh who has been injured in battle
(b) She needs to join other wives who are serving as nurses
(c) The army needs a seamstress to repair the country's war flags
(d) Women are now being drafted and it's her time to go
4. What does John realize is causing his insanity?
(a) The women in his life
(b) His lack of war victories
(c) Deep grief from childhood. Isolda promised him she wouldn't leave him then died
(d) He still has no idea. He thinks he's fine and that everyone around him has some silly idea he's crazy
5. What is the main message or theme of this chapter?
(a) Always question who your parents are.
(b) That when you're stressed out, it's good to rest and wake up hungry
(c) If you're powerful, you will go crazy.
(d) That love conquers all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine find at the duke's gatehouse that brands him a traitor?
2. Who does Katherine encounter on the ship to Bordeaux?
3. Why does Katherine decide to ride her horse to visit the Duchess of Lancaster?
4. How did the Duchess's children evade the Plague?
5. Who is John interested in marrying?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)