|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(b) Jack, Hawise's husband
(c) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(d) Costanza's husband, the duke
2. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(b) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(c) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(d) Alice Perrers, his mistress
3. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The King and the Prince of Wales
(b) Katherine and Costanza
(c) Isolda and Pieter
(d) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
4. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
5. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(b) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(c) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(d) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
2. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
3. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
4. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
5. Why can't Katherine go home?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)