|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(b) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(c) She is sick with a bad cold
(d) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
2. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
3. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) That he believes Katherine is a witch
(b) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
(c) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(d) The size of the mob approaching them
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He is expecting children with several royal women
(b) He has fathered many bastard children
(c) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(d) He is a better swordsman
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(b) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(c) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(d) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
2. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
3. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
5. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)