|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(b) To leave
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To stay until he feels better
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(b) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(d) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) The king
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) Hugh Swynford
(d) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
4. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(b) Alice Perrers, his mistress
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(d) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
5. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(b) Isolda and Pieter
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The King and the Prince of Wales
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
2. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)