|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She is sick with a bad cold
(b) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
2. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
(a) He thinks there's a slight chance she could change, so he offers her a job at this church
(b) True contrition: give up her '
(c) To cover herself in a black robe so no one will see her
(d) Since there's no hope for her, she should continue living this way
3. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(b) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(c) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(d) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(c) Jack, Hawise's husband
(d) Costanza's husband, the duke
5. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(c) A meeting with the Pope
(d) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
3. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
5. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)