|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(c) The king
(d) Hugh Swynford
2. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(b) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(c) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
(d) He vows to give England to Castile
3. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(b) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(c) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Jack, Hawise's husband
(c) Costanza's husband, the duke
(d) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
5. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
4. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
5. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)