|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Jack, Hawise's husband
(c) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(d) Costanza's husband, the duke
2. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(b) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(c) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(d) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
3. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
(b) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(c) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
(d) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
(a) The Pessoners' back yard
(b) To Blanche's tomb
(c) To the ruins of Savoy
(d) To see Brother William's head
5. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He is expecting children with several royal women
(b) He is a better swordsman
(c) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(d) He has fathered many bastard children
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
3. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
4. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
5. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)