|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(b) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
(c) The size of the mob approaching them
(d) That he believes Katherine is a witch
2. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(b) John owes them money
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) John is actually not English, but French
3. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(b) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(c) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(d) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
5. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(b) The king
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer
(d) Hugh Swynford
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
2. Why can't Katherine go home?
3. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
4. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
5. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)