|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(b) He has fathered many bastard children
(c) He is a better swordsman
(d) He is expecting children with several royal women
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(b) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(d) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
3. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The King and the Prince of Wales
(b) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) Isolda and Pieter
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
(a) To Blanche's tomb
(b) To see Brother William's head
(c) The Pessoners' back yard
(d) To the ruins of Savoy
5. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John owes them money
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(d) John is actually not English, but French
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
2. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
4. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
5. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)