|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
(b) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
(c) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(d) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
2. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She is sick with a bad cold
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
3. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(b) To stay until he feels better
(c) To leave
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
4. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(b) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(c) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(d) Alice Perrers, his mistress
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
(b) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(c) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
3. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
5. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)