|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Costanza's husband, the duke
(b) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(c) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(d) Jack, Hawise's husband
2. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(b) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
(d) A meeting with the Pope
3. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
(b) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(c) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(d) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
(a) To the ruins of Savoy
(b) The Pessoners' back yard
(c) To Blanche's tomb
(d) To see Brother William's head
5. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(b) He vows to give England to Castile
(c) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(d) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
2. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
3. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
5. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)