|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He vows to give England to Castile
(b) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(c) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(d) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
2. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(b) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(c) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(d) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
3. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The King and the Prince of Wales
(b) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) Isolda and Pieter
4. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(b) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(c) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(d) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
5. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(b) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
(d) A meeting with the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
2. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
5. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)