|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
2. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
(b) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(c) That he believes Katherine is a witch
(d) The size of the mob approaching them
3. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(b) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
(c) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
(d) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
(b) He vows to give England to Castile
(c) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
(d) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
5. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) Isolda and Pieter
(b) The King and the Prince of Wales
(c) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(d) Katherine and Costanza
Short Answer Questions
1. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
2. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
4. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
5. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)