|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer
(b) The king
(c) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(d) Hugh Swynford
2. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He has fathered many bastard children
(b) He is a better swordsman
(c) He is expecting children with several royal women
(d) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
5. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(b) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(c) Jack, Hawise's husband
(d) Costanza's husband, the duke
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
2. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
3. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
4. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
5. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)