|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine visits her beloved Blanche's tomb. In the tomb, she hears Blanche's voice and decides:
(a) To leave everything and everyone and disappear without a trace
(b) To go to Scotland and talk to the duke
(c) To make a pilgrimmage to Canterbury
(d) To make a pilgrimmage to Our Lady Walsingham
2. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(b) John is actually not English, but French
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(d) John owes them money
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He has fathered many bastard children
(b) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(c) He is a better swordsman
(d) He is expecting children with several royal women
5. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(b) Costanza's husband, the duke
(c) Jack, Hawise's husband
(d) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
2. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
5. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)