|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(b) To leave
(c) To stay until he feels better
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
2. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Hugh Swynford
(b) The king
(c) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer
3. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(b) Alice Perrers, his mistress
(c) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(d) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He is a better swordsman
(b) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(c) He is expecting children with several royal women
(d) He has fathered many bastard children
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(b) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(d) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
Short Answer Questions
1. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
3. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
5. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)