|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To leave
(b) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To stay until he feels better
3. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
(b) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(c) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
(d) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
4. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
(a) To see Brother William's head
(b) To Blanche's tomb
(c) To the ruins of Savoy
(d) The Pessoners' back yard
5. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(b) Costanza's husband, the duke
(c) Jack, Hawise's husband
(d) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
5. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)