|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He is a better swordsman
(b) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
(c) He is expecting children with several royal women
(d) He has fathered many bastard children
2. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(b) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(d) Alice Perrers, his mistress
3. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(c) Costanza's husband, the duke
(d) Jack, Hawise's husband
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
(a) He changes the law so all couples can live in sin
(b) He gives Costanza the freedom to divorce him if she wants
(c) He vows to give England to Castile
(d) He reverses the measures the Parliament recently passed, he frees Alice Perrers and prisoners sentenced by the House of Commons
5. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) Isolda and Pieter
(b) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The King and the Prince of Wales
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
2. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
3. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
4. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
5. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)