|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(b) Alice Perrers, his mistress
(c) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(d) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
2. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
(a) Hugh Swynford
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer
(c) The king
(d) Raulin d'Ypres, his young Flemish body squire
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John owes them money
(b) John is actually not English, but French
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
4. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) Isolda and Pieter
(b) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) The King and the Prince of Wales
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
(a) Geoffrey Chaucer, who needs her help editing his latest work
(b) The king, who no longer cares for Alice Perrers
(c) The Duke of Lancaster, who requires her presence immediately
(d) The Duke of Yorkshire, who wants to meet her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
2. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
3. Why can't Katherine go home?
4. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
5. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)