|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) To stay until he feels better
(b) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(c) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(d) To leave
2. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(a) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
(b) A meeting with the Pope
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is actually not English, but French
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(c) John owes them money
(d) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
(a) Katherine feels Geoffrey is being disloyal and unfair
(b) Katherine disagrees with Geoffrey because she too, now hates the duke
(c) She now believes it was God's punishment for her affair with John
(d) She completely agrees and wants to find a way to change people's minds.
5. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
(a) True contrition: give up her '
(b) He thinks there's a slight chance she could change, so he offers her a job at this church
(c) Since there's no hope for her, she should continue living this way
(d) To cover herself in a black robe so no one will see her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine take Geoffrey to tell him about the guilt she feels and everything she now believes has gone wrong in her life?
2. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
3. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
5. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)