|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(b) She is sick with a bad cold
(c) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(d) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
2. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(b) The King and the Prince of Wales
(c) Katherine and Costanza
(d) Isolda and Pieter
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is actually not English, but French
(b) John owes them money
(c) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(d) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
4. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
(b) To leave
(c) To stay until he feels better
(d) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
5. What does Father Oswald refuse to grant Katherine after she confesses?
(a) A meeting with the Pope
(c) Annulment of her marriage to Hugh
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
2. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
3. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
4. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)