|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reversing the Parliament's measures, John still has two significant enemies:
(a) The Earl of March and Bishop Courtenay of London
(b) Katherine and Costanza
(c) Isolda and Pieter
(d) The King and the Prince of Wales
2. Katherine goes to the Chapel to visit Blanches' body and finds the duke there. What does he tell her?
(a) He wishes he had caught the Plague so he could be dead with Blanche
(b) To stay until he feels better
(c) To leave
(d) He's giving Bolingbroke to the convent
3. John exits the obligatory mass for Blanche and encounters an angry mob who claim that:
(a) John is not the king's son but the son of a Flemish butcher
(b) John is not the king's son but the son of a French tailor
(c) John is actually not English, but French
(d) John owes them money
4. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
(a) He has seen genuine documents that confirm the duke is the son of a Flemish butcher
(b) He overheard two monks and a Flemish man had created the documents that question the duke's heritage
(c) He is in possession of documents that could ruin John forever
(d) That John will soon move to Castile and not return
5. Who sets the playful tone by dancing a dog on the table at Blanche's funeral dinner hosted by the king?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster, who shows up unexpectedly
(b) Philippa and Geoffrey, who have no tact
(c) Katherine, who thinks Blanche would have preferred a jovial funeral dinner
(d) Alice Perrers, his mistress
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
2. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
3. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
4. Why can't Katherine go home?
5. Katherine visits the Pessoner home only to be suddenly called away by:
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)